User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Yeah, I have seen that happen more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    of course there's a possibility that some SFPs could take some attitudes here more personally than STPs do and then quit... I remember that happening before
    Not sure I can relate to that. I get ticked off by things from the web occasionally, but I can't really do anything about it, so anger wears off quickly. Internet slapfights are just words, witty sayings, dismantling someone with uber logic skillz, things of that nature -- but since I barely value those in a fight, I can't say that they get to me. I'd value a roll of toilet paper more -- at least you can hit someone with it

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I am a psychology major. Personality theory is one of my favorite topics. I read alot of posts but just choose not to answer most of them. I think alot of ISFPs like to experience life, not read about it. If I were younger, I probably wouldn't be on here much either.

As far as attitudes, yes I could see how alot of sensitive ISFPs could be turned off by the various attitudes. I have had a close friendship with an INTj for the past 2 years and survived. Not too many people can shock me with their attitudes. I also have an ENTJ older brother and sister so I'm not too intimidated by those types either. I've seen them at their weakest points. They can be as big a babies as the rest of us!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

This looks like an ancient thread that nobody has written on for almost a year.... I was mistyped for a long time. First, I tested as INTP, then INTJ, then INFP. Then, I took the test over and over on a computer until I figured out which questions controlled which letters, so I then became able to test as any type I wanted to be, at which point the test was no longer valid for me. It was years later that I changed myself to ISTP, then ISFP. Long story as to what made me decide that. But I agree, mistyping is a big reason why there are not many SPs here. And ISFP is described as 'sees much, says little.' Most ISFPs just don't talk unless they want to DO something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    This looks like an ancient thread that nobody has written on for almost a year.... I was mistyped for a long time. First, I tested as INTP, then INTJ, then INFP. Then, I took the test over and over on a computer until I figured out which questions controlled which letters, so I then became able to test as any type I wanted to be, at which point the test was no longer valid for me. It was years later that I changed myself to ISTP, then ISFP. Long story as to what made me decide that. But I agree, mistyping is a big reason why there are not many SPs here. And ISFP is described as 'sees much, says little.' Most ISFPs just don't talk unless they want to DO something.
    Boy does this ever sound familiar. It is far too easy to manipulate the test.... Hence why it no longer worked for me either! I had to follow the descriptions and really figure out which one fit me best.

Lol.. I temporarily changed my type just for this thread.

I still think I'm close to ISFP.. call me a pseudo IXXP in general.

The more I take a step back from this MBTI stuff, and not overthink it, I'm not that far off on some things. I definitely have a good sense of what "fits" and what doesn't aesthetically speaking/when it comes to sensory things. I'm not a great musician, but I am a musician and woefully nitpicky neurotic/critical about it. The perfectionism holds me back really. I'm not the snazziest dresser, but for some reason, I'm usually complimented on my choices.. or even the most giddy ESFP girls I know respect my opinions. They will literally sit down with me and flip through hair magazines and ask me what I think they should do.. and to top it off, I'm usually the one noticing something about them before they're husbands or boyfriends do. I'm not some big fashion centric person, but my difference with some of these other guys is there.

I'm not as great at some of the things INFPs are good at either (apparently). Where ISFPs are in touch with the sensory, INFPs are creative with words. I might be self-critical here too, since people tell me I'm a good writer (and I aspire to put more work into it one of these days), but I don't fancy myself a poet... not yet.

Anyways, my point is that ISFPs probably aren't that rare. There's probably a fair share of confused IXFPs here like me.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I had a lot of type confusion, too. I still think that I am borderline I/E, but I'm convinced now that esfp is a more accurate type for me than is isfp. But still, I can see a lot of isfp in me. Sometimes, though, I still think that xsfp is a good description. Decision making has never been my best skill...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

All Natural! All Good!

I too experienced a lot of type confusion. I came here as an ISFJ, went to ISTJ, then ISTP, then IxFP, and then settled on ISFP. I'm still not confident but it seems to fit well enough. I thought I was ISxJ before because I seem to have too much Si for an SP. It seems secondary to only Fi, which is obviously not fitting with ISFP. My functional order is like Fi Si Se and then I don't know. I have no Fe lols.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ISFP

I have experienced a lot of type confusion also, I tested INFP for years with online tests, but for some reason the description never seemed to really fit so I would loose interest and stop looking stuff up about it for a while. Then something would set me off a while later to try again. More recently I took a paper version of the test for work, and I came up ISFP, initially I was shocked, I'd never considered that I might be an S but the description fit so well and it explained a lot. The only thing that it doesn't seem to explain is my strength in language and writing.

I think there is a lot of NF/NT bias in the personality typology world because they are the types that are most interested in the theoretical, I also agree that it is easy to skew the results of the test based on what you think to be good or bad traits, and since most of my friends and family and friends have been NFs or NTs I have always thought that those were better ways to be. Those of us who retake the test several times after learning the theory behind it probably alse find ourselves skewing our results towards what we expect. It took me taking the test in an unfamiliar format to get a different result.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I used to be an ISFJ but I retook the test today and I got ISFP. I was so convinced I was an ISFJ in the past but when I read the ISFP descriptions today, I think it fits me better although there were some mysterious aspects about it that I don't understand. But I definitely like a carefree life. And to think I was almost bounded by rules and restrictions in my childhood. Being an artisan still makes me feel weird about myself.