• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs! Describe your relationships!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
uhhhhhh....

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anybody lucky enough to be graced with the presence of an SP as their GF, BF, husband, wife, spouse, significant other, etc. is blessed and should be thankful. That pretty much sums it all up for you. :yes:

Oh yeah, and what Jeffster said. :huh:

wolfy

awsm
Anybody lucky enough to be graced with the presence of an SP as their GF, BF, husband, wife, spouse, significant other, etc. is blessed and should be thankful. That pretty much sums it all up for you. :yes:

Yeah.
What's the story here anyway?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But....I have no real relationship experience. (plus anyone I was ever involved with was either an INFP or ENFP, seriously.) Can I order an ENTP? :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But....I have no real relationship experience. (plus anyone I was ever involved with was either an INFP or ENFP, seriously.) Can I order an ENTP? :D

I'll wear an ENTP t-shirt if you order me. :cheese:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I have some fries with that shake? :D

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP

Amen to that.

Oh well, since I am actually trying to help your project.
Boyfriend = ESFP.
We get along great. Unfortunately, or who knows, luckily, both quite feisty. Both stubborn. Lots of fights just for the fun of it. Both think the same way.
ESTP feels suffocated by F-ness and mushy stuff. ESFP thinks ESTP is unloving because of the aforementioned fact. Feelings get hurt easily on the F-side by the T-side's bluntness.
ESFP heavily relies on ESTP, especially emotionally. ESTP more independent.
It definitely works.

Ok, I can't think of anything else. And it's already summarized, just great for your little project.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, I was confused at first, but after I actually took time to read the OP of the linked thread, it made sense. I'm gonna help.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP + ENFP
-unexplainable fascination
-complex, enigmatic relationship
-long term need for a common ground
-enfp can draw out vulnerability in istp
-enfp admires the unshakeability of istp, or thinks the istp is insensitive
-istp finds it hard to believe enfps intentions are genuine

:yes:

ISTP + ESTJ

Easy communication.
Both take each other at face value.
Both don't need verbal affirmations of affection to feel loved. Works very nicely.
ISTP admires ESTJ dependability and follow through.
ISTP can be annoyed at ESTJ for not taking time off of work for fun and relaxation.
ESTJ admires ISTP candor and playfulness.
ESTJ equally annoyed by and admires ISTP stubborn rebelliousness.

INFJ + ISTP

ISTP likes INFJ warmth and gentle nature.
INFJ brings out ISTP protectiveness.
Mutual introversion hinders each from bringing the other out of their shell.
ISTP bluntness can offend INFJ.
INFJ thinks ISTP is fun and exciting.
ISTP need to take life a day at a time prevents INFJ to fully trust ISTP.

ENFJ + ISTP

ENFJ attention makes ISTP feel one of a kind.
ISTP is drawn to ENFJ charisma.
ISTP likes ENFJ for taking pressure off them in social situations.
ENFJ show of emotionality can confuse and surprise ISTP.
ISTP feels smothered by ENFJ need for verbal affirmations.
ISTP silence fuels ENFJ insecurities.

ESTP + ISTP

ISTP likes ESTP social ease and humor.
ISTP and ESTP dislike of experiencing vulnerability can bring an adversarial quality to the relationship.
ESTP admires ISTP quiet confidence and rebelliousness.
ISTP savors each moment. ESTP devours each moment.
This difference causes a lot of missed mutual connecting experiences.
Sex is pretty good tho.

-

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
You lost me at "Describe".

Yeah, +1.

ISTP + ESTJ

Easy communication.
Both don't need verbal affirmations of affection to feel loved. Works very nicely.
ISTP can be annoyed at ESTJ for not taking time off of work for fun and relaxation.

I want one :(

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ISTP + ESTJ

Easy communication.

My dad (ISTP) and mum (ESTJ) have been married for 21 years, and I agree with this, especially the part about ISTP wanting ESTJ to chillout occasionally. During the weekends, my dad wants to relax with his paper in the morning, while my mum is already downstairs, constructing a list of what chores need to be done. Their weekend ethics clash.

Another problem is my dad's need for alone time vs. my mum's need to herd the family like a shepherd. Privacy is seen as scandalous! Why does he want his alone time? He has a wife, shouldn't her company always be wanted? Perhaps he's hiding something from her. Better investigate and round him up. He could be having an affair, for all we know! Is her mode of thinking, it seems. She likes co-operation (Translation: Subordination) from her husband, and he likes independence. She has her system for the household and everyone in it must follow. As experienced IXTPs, we know better than to struggle against the current. Struggling only kills you faster.

Not exactly type-relevant, but they both share the same interests and goofy sense of humour. They go to the local running club, and they've signed up to the village's amateur pantomime production. Augh. I have to go and watch it in February.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another problem is my dad's need for alone time vs. my mum's need to herd the family like a shepherd. Privacy is seen as scandalous! Why does he want his alone time? He has a wife, shouldn't her company always be wanted? Perhaps he's hiding something from her. Better investigate and round him up. He could be having an affair, for all we know! Is her mode of thinking, it seems. She likes co-operation (Translation: Subordination) from her husband, and he likes independence. She has her system for the household and everyone in it must follow. As experienced IXTPs, we know better than to struggle against the current. Struggling only kills you faster.

And all of those bolded bits are precisely why my mother and I are constantly at odds and why I stopped talking to my sister entirely. >.> Ugh, ESTJs...*shudder*

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
And all of those bolded bits are precisely why my mother and I are constantly at odds and why I stopped talking to my sister entirely. >.> Ugh, ESTJs...*shudder*

Haha. My older brother is ESTP and him and my mother are no longer on speaking terms. But he's a poorly-adjusted example of an ESTP. She had good reason to chuck him out. But her "hands on" parenting style was another factor in their rocky relationship.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
What MDP2525 said is spot on... but I wanna add:

ENFJ + ISTP

ENFJ is extremely attracted to ISTP practicality/pragmatism.
ENFJ secretly annoyed at feeling obligated to take pressure off ISTP in social situations.
ENFJ is both envious of/grateful for:
- ISTP ability to "shut off" overwhelming feelings & organize their heads.
- ISTP ability to make decisions without unnecessary judgments.
- ISTP ability to finish projects & develop talents.
ISTP makes ENFJ feel "safe."
ISTP insecurities can be increased by ENFJ smothering/doting.
ISTP need for independence fuels ENFJ need for affirmation (& visa versa).
ISTP has more trouble emoting or expressing feelings when ENFJ has/is.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh yeah. They are very skeptical and somewhat nosy. My ESTJ would go on my computer and check my computer history. It annoyed the hell out of me. I told him to quit. He said I could do the same to him. Well, I have no desire to check up on you so don't do it to me. He kept doing it every time he visited. I ended up auto deleting my history. He came over and was like, "Why did you delete your history?" I told him that since he didn't want to respect my wish to quit checking my stuff then I'd find a way so he couldn't.

I will always swim against a current I don't like. No need to struggle. :devil: