• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP & ISFP relationships

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I am curious if any ISTP's here have dated/married ISFP's, or vice versa.

What parts of this dynamic were/are good?

I'm also curious what problems might arise with an ISTP/ISFP couple.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i am married to an ISFP.
i don't know how our types affect the relationship. we have a very good relationship, but i am not sure in what way typology plays into it.

it is very familiar and comfortable, we have a similarity of approach to life. we have a relationship that is more about comfort and solidarity.

i think that one of the drawbacks is that we may not always challenge each other much, and there is probably a tendency to become too comfortable and sort of lethargic.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm pretty sure I've never dated an ISFP, but I'd imagine I'd go nuts trying to not hurt feelings. Y'know what? I don't know if I've been friends with an ISFP irl before. I know I've hurt ESFP feelings completely unintentionally before. Didn't know it 'til a few weeks later too. Whoops.