User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Default ISFPs, and the finer things in life.

Hello ISFP's and observers of ISFP's. I am a great admirer of ISFP's, and I can usually relate easily to them, and I had a question.

I hate to generalize about types, but I've noticed two of the ISFPs I know love nothing more than to read Shakespeare, Dante's Inferno, Homer's Odyssey, etc.

This has always seemed out of character to their personalities, but it holds true for both. Now, this isn't to say they don't also love Red Vs. Blue, Anime, and Family Guy, but I was wondering if it was a common thing for ISFPs? I always (stupidly?) assumed it was more of an NT thing, but I would like to know your opinion/thoughts.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I personally love Homer's Odyssey and hate Family Guy (go figure, i know )
    I like a lot of the stories written about mythology and will gladly find literature that involves such. If its interesting, then I'll totally go for it. Doesn't matter what it is.
    It really has to do with personal references. I personally hate shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons because I personally don't find that type of humor very funny.

I'm pretty sure ISFP's are very capable of enjoying fine literature. Literature is a written art and I know for myself, it intrigues me just like any form of art.

edit: sorry for all the jumping around
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Dali

Books I'm currently reading --> Vanity Fair (no, not the magazine) and Anna Karenina.

On my MP3 player --> (currently) two contemporary music albums (one's Enya and the other is a guilty pleasure that shall remain unnamed) and at least five classical music recordings (a Marilyn Horne and Leontyne Price joint recital, Marilyn Horne singing Mahler, half of act 1 of Puccini's Tosca, Renee Fleming's Belcanto recording, Jussi Bjoerling's Basta...etc)

In my wardrobe --> Non-trendy yet admittedly stylish stuff.

I don't purposely seek out the so-called finer things in life but I can't help - nor can I specifically explain - it that what I enjoy and what society deems the high arts seem to coincide. I think that part of my interest stems from my love for and appreciation for beauty in all its manifestations. I feel that the old masters put a lot more thought, originality and a lot more of themselves into their creations than many contemporary artists (writers, poets...) do.

And yet I also enjoy Family Guy, Christina Aguilera and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your question is all over the map. Are you asking if it's a common thing for ISFPs to read the particular things you listed?

If so, I would think it would be hard to know the answer without surveying a large sample of ISFPs.

My answer to those specific writings would be no. And I don't consider any of that to be "the finer things in life."

Also, what is "Red Vs. Blue?"
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Great works of art appeal to all types.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I love to read all of those things. Things that are truly well written are very appealing to me.
    Not only did I read Dante's Inferno, I also read Purgatorio and Paradisio. In other words, I read the entire Divine Comedy. Oddly enough, I found Paradisio a little flat after the first two. The ending was rather anti-climactic. But still, Dante wrote great epic poetry.
    I love poetry, and I read one poem every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Hello ISFP's and observers of ISFP's. I am a great admirer of ISFP's, and I can usually relate easily to them, and I had a question.

I hate to generalize about types, but I've noticed two of the ISFPs I know love nothing more than to read Shakespeare, Dante's Inferno, Homer's Odyssey, etc.

This has always seemed out of character to their personalities, but it holds true for both. Now, this isn't to say they don't also love Red Vs. Blue, Anime, and Family Guy, but I was wondering if it was a common thing for ISFPs? I always (stupidly?) assumed it was more of an NT thing, but I would like to know your opinion/thoughts.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INFP

My ISFP friend has been caught reading Anna Karenina in the back corner of a bar. She gets annoyed with Family Guy.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The ISFP I know is more into zen sayings and Eastern proverbs of sort. She is always gaining some deeper meaning from them and sharing it. I think it helps her.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Love listening to and playing on piano classical music. Hate family guy, simpson type shows.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The ISFP I know is more into zen sayings and Eastern proverbs of sort. She is always gaining some deeper meaning from them and sharing it. I think it helps her.
    I have the same need to share my percieved insights from spiritual sources. However, I just don't.

I don't care for the Family Guy or Simpsons either but I enjoy the twisted non-PC humour of South Park.

I'm not attracted to the finer things in life but nor will I poo-poo it.