• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP career choices

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If we struggle with traditional ways of teaching i.e. classroom, lectures ect: how do we branch out into a career without higher education?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hard work, being able to put up with a lot of crap, and being in the right place at the right time.

That's how I got my current job.

I never understood people's need for a "career." I just wanted to do stuff that was fun.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You've got to know the right people :cool:

But really, I've wondered the same thing. I really don't want to go to college...but in this nation I feel like its almost impossible to succeed without a higher education. :(

D

Dali

^

'without'. ;)

Ayoits is right, Inebriato. It's a whole lot more bearable (fun, even) should you choose to complete your higher studies in a field you're passionate about.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^

'without'. ;)

Ayoits is right; Inebriato. It's a whole lot more bearable (fun, even) should you choose to complete your higher studies in a field you're passionate about.

Oh jeeze, you got me :doh:
It has been changed. ;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm just glad you didn't point out my incorrect use of a semicolon (now edited) in turn. That would have been poetic. :p

Oh I saw it, I just figured it didn't matter if I brought it up or not. You're post would still mean the same thing. ;)

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You've got to know the right people :cool:

But really, I've wondered the same thing. I really don't want to go to college...but in this nation I feel like its almost impossible to succeed without a higher education. :(

It really does, and the only other choices are ones that you have to suffer a lot through making a career out of.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really don't want to go to college...but in this nation I feel like its almost impossible to succeed without a higher education. :(

I don't believe this is true at all. I consider myself successful and I don't have a college degree. My older brother makes twice as much as me, works at home and gets to work with video games for a living, and he doesn't have a college degree either. And there's plenty of other examples. It just depends on what you want to pursue.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't believe this is true at all. I consider myself successful and I don't have a college degree. My older brother makes twice as much as me, works at home and gets to work with video games for a living, and he doesn't have a college degree either. And there's plenty of other examples. It just depends on what you want to pursue.

I want a career in photomanipulation, so I think.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I attended college in my youth and majored in partying. After I received my AA degree (not alcoholics anon.) in libral arts I went to business school and became a legal secretary. I've been a stay home mom for the past 14 years and now have returned to college majoring in Psychology with a career in counseling as my current goal. I am much more interested in different subjects at mid life and find lectures not as difficult to attend to as I did 20+ years ago.

If college is not for you try technical or trade school. Any of the healthcare fields is a wise choice too. Good luck!

wolfy

awsm
Like others said, find something that is important to you. Something that is important to you, something you can make money at, something you can be good at.