• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP "strengths"

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFP's, what are your "strengths" in life? The things you are naturally good at, the areas where you find that you are easily able to contribute to the happiness of others, etc. I'm looking for anything that you consider yourself exceptionally good at - whether it be art, being a great friend, a tender heart, knowing how to live in the moment, etc. Anything at all.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
All the ISFP women are strong. All the ISFP men are good looking. And all the ISFP children are above average.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Improvising - entertaining people in various ways, creating stuff - from fictional characters to radio station formats to CD mixes to song parodies. I love taking people out for meals, or to the movies or the park or bowling or whatever, I'm good at cheering people up by coming up with fun activities and making people laugh.

The thing I'm best at is spilling stuff, though. Which kinda goes back to the entertaining people thing if there's somebody around. ;)

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
All 6 of the ISFPs I know have a pretty wacky but great sense of humor...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a question I have about ISFP's. In reading about the type, I know and percieve in feedback from my own life activities...even though a "P" there's a prolific focus on topics and/or items one feels inately driven to do.

So my question is and what I've noticed, as to where I'll periodically pick up my guitar and/or piano...or other instrument and eventually play it after cycling through this that or the other up or down...to the point where I can play by ear or create a new riff....

I've read that ISFP's are even more stable in approaching something like that.

Am I just rambling, is it a valid perception, or is it bunk? Or somewhere in-between? :confused:

wolfy

awsm
All the ISFP women are strong. All the ISFP men are good looking. And all the ISFP children are above average.

+1 :D

I think I am good at making people feel at ease. That is what I have heard the most. And people tend to trust me which makes it easy to develop rapport and relationships with others. I also seem to naturally remember others interests and things like that. So I guess a lot of my strengths are relationship focused. Having said that though, another thing I have been told and which is probably true is that I don't push too much. I don't expect a lot and I give people space. So maybe their is a balance between being available and being hands off that people seem to appreciate.

I naturally gravitate towards teaching skills to people.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I tend to have a strong inner strength that not much surprises me and so people like to unburden themselves to me. I also am very accurate in figuring out people issues and have solutions but I usually refrain unless the advise if specifically asked for. Therefore, I try to ask questions that will direct the person to figuring it out themselves.

I also have a witty sense of humour that usually gets deep belly laughs.

@ Slippy:

Yes there are subjects that I like that I could devote myself to a PhD but since my interest changes over the years it would be a waste of money. If there is no practical application of my knowledge then I most likely won't stick with that subject.

I also know how to react in an emergency, been tested (unfornuately) and training helps. I guess it is good that blood and guts don't bother me. :D

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I am very adaptable to new situations. I have a healthy imagination and I can create things with almost no materials (another way of being adaptable). I have a great sense of direction and almost never get lost. Also, I have a good sense of humor and I can make even grouchy people laugh. Also, I can learn new music very quickly and I can switch from soprano (my preferred part) to alto without much difficulty.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it amusing that strengths is in "quotations".

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I've found that people I don't even know will come up to me and tell me their deepest and darkest secrets and trust me. I suppose I give of this vibe that just allows people to relax and trust me with their true selves.

I'm usually spot on to what people's problems are without them telling me, but I don't readily tell them in fear that they'd think I'm judging them. Sometimes I do just tell them what their problem is and it surprises them that I'd know. Its always seemed obvious to me though. Maybe its the way they're coming across to me that I just know. Not sure, but I find it very useful.

Well, I'm very trusting of everyone. I see that as a strength personally. It takes a lot for me not to trust someone. I suppose it also goes into play that I'm not afraid of being hurt by people. Its going to happen whether you trust someone or not so I've never really gotten why people tell me I'm naive for being so trusting. But you have to trust others in order to get to their core. So it works :D

D

Dali

Making my friends laugh with my off-the-wall humour. I find that, often, when I hang out with people Im close to, I say stuff that makes them have these laughing fits (you know; bent double, tears streaming down their faces...etc). Actually, I dont think that my observations are that funny but, ah, they laugh. I like making people laugh.

Reading people. For example; I once watched this intense operatic performance with an ENFP friend and at the end of the performance, I could tell that she was drifting to a dark place. I put my hand on hers and told her "it's just acting". She shook her head in an incredulous manner and made a remark along the lines of her feeling like an open book around me.

There's more but my modesty wont allow me to state them. :)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I find it amusing that strengths is in "quotations".

Why is strengths in quotations?

:rofl1:

I have a tendency to overuse quotation marks in my writing. There was nothing intended there at all - well, nothing bad anyways. If anything I used quotes because "strengths" is kind of a relative term. What ISFP's consider their strengths (trusting, willingness to be vulnerable, for example) some other types might consider weaknesses. But, ISFP's in my experience have a lot of strengths and so I wanted to see if the things they consider strengths match up with the strengths I see in them - or if there are some I am missing.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Making my friends laugh with my off-the-wall humour. I find that, often, when I hang out with people Im close to, I say stuff that makes them have these laughing fits (you know; bent double, tears streaming down their faces...etc). Actually, I dont think that my observations are that funny but, ah, they laugh. I like making people laugh.

Reading people. For example; I once watched this intense operatic performance with an ENFP friend and at the end of the performance, I could tell that she was drifting to a dark place. I put my hand on hers and told her "it's just acting". She shook her head in an incredulous manner and made a remark along the lines of her feeling like an open book around me.

There's more but my modesty wont allow me to state them. :)

This happens to me frequently. No one's safe from me if they really want to hide whats going on. :devil:
Lol, I've had people ask me if I was psychic or some sort of mind reader, but I'm just really good at reading people and feeling the vibes people give off.

D

Dali

This happens to me frequently. No one's safe from me if they really want to hide whats going on. :devil:
Lol, I've had people ask me if I was psychic or some sort of mind reader, but I'm just really good at reading people and feeling the vibes people give off.

It's all in the eyes, isnt it? :coffee:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's all in the eyes, isnt it? :coffee:

Actually, I have no idea how to read people's eyes. I've always wondered how others do that...
Its more like (for myself) that people are throwing these invisible emotion spears at me so I know whats going on and sometimes I feel it as well. Though I'm kinda unsure if thats an ISFP trait or just my own special weirdness.

D

Dali

Actually, I have no idea how to read people's eyes. I've always wondered how others do that...
Its more like (for myself) that people are throwing these invisible emotion spears at me so I know whats going on and sometimes I feel it as well. Though I'm kinda unsure if thats an ISFP trait or just my own special weirdness.

I totally get what you're saying. For me, it feels like the eyes are throwing the 'emotion spears' (LOL). I just look into other people's eyes and I start flipping the pages of their books. :p

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Talented! :) I don't know how else to put it; ISFPs I know excel in pretty much everything (be it school any subject, arts and other creative pursuits etc). The hardest thing for them seems to be to decide what they actually want to do with their lives. Oh, and the humor.