User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default STP need for speed

    Do any other STPs have a need for speed. To be able to control yourself while going at break neck speed? Like take video games. I love driving around in burnout at full speed with boost sliding around stuff, jumping, etc, without letting off the gas or boost. Seeing how fast I can respond. Same thing with jet ski. My thumb almost never lets off full throttle. Give me an obstacle course, but one that resembles nature more where there are trees, holes, branches, etc that you must navigate around while running full speed. Its almost like perfecting timing, not repetitive timing, but response timing. It gives me the ability to pull off whatever I want whenever I want.

    Maybe I am just a speed junkie. Not for the adrenaline, but for the timing challenge.
    Im out, its been fun

  2. #2
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Do any other STPs have a need for speed. To be able to control yourself while going at break neck speed? Like take video games. I love driving around in burnout at full speed with boost sliding around stuff, jumping, etc, without letting off the gas or boost. Seeing how fast I can respond. Same thing with jet ski. My thumb almost never lets off full throttle. Give me an obstacle course, but one that resembles nature more where there are trees, holes, branches, etc that you must navigate around while running full speed. Its almost like perfecting timing, not repetitive timing, but response timing. It gives me the ability to pull off whatever I want whenever I want.

    Maybe I am just a speed junkie. Not for the adrenaline, but for the timing challenge.
    You and me both.
    I've always been this way.
    I can't "jog" around a track.
    It's full on drop dead top speed every sprint until I puke.
    Jetskis are amazing.
    I'm hoping to buy a good used one this coming summer when I graduate from school.
    In Germany there were always "Trimm Dich Streche" or "Fitness Courses" throughout towns and villages. They had tires to run through, rope barricades, balance beams, and other various stuff. I wish there were more of those here. I see them at the beach but not nearly as full scale, because no one wants to sacrifice parking real estate for the sake of community fitness.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  3. #3
    Senior Member McRumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    276

    Default

    A "need"? No. But I'm damn good at it and enjoy it whenever I find myself in a situation that requires it. I have no doubt though that ISTPs are heavy on the pedal...and equally good at spotting speed traps. It' s not the speed so much as the split-second responding to external stimuli.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    A "need"? No. But I'm damn good at it and enjoy it whenever I find myself in a situation that requires it. I have no doubt though that ISTPs are heavy on the pedal...and equally good at spotting speed traps. It' s not the speed so much as the split-second responding to external stimuli.
    I dont look for situations or wait for them to exist, I do it whenever the situation allows me to. So really not "need" but I do seek it out quite a bit.


    Halla, I dont know the laws where you are, but I got my polaris freedom back in 2001 and it was the only model with a carb and other then changing spark plugs, using some carb cleaner, and replacing the battery every 2-3 years it runs just as good as it did on day one. My parents bought a fuel injected ski-doo and it gives them all sorts of problems. Be careful pulling tubes or skiing as the rope easily gets sucked into the jet when turning around to pick up someone you flung off the tube Trust me its not fun having to swim a jet ski back to shore when that happens. If a boat throws you a tow line it is pretty fun to get drug in the water one hand on the rope handle and the other holding the jetski Yes it has happened more then once

    I am dying to get a stand up one so I can do better tricks.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #5
    Senior Member McRumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I will say that I am often most happiest when I am driving alone (or with my dog) on an empty highway. Road trips are required at regular intervals.

  6. #6
    full of love Kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    definitely, i have a love of speed. i am just starting to get really into jetskis now, in the past i haven't done much on the water.
    i love the kind of control you are talking about Poki, responding to the environment, adapting to it. my favorite course is the one i've never run before, the one that is unexpected.

    but for just pure speed - if you are in the USA you've got to go out to the Bonneville Salt Flats at least once. that is the place where so many land-speed records are set. i took my Indian out there several years ago, it's pretty incredible, you can just open up fully and go and go and go. it's a gorgeous place too, visually.



    Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    I will say that I am often most happiest when I am driving alone (or with my dog) on an empty highway. Road trips are required at regular intervals.
    what kind of dog?
    my border collie, Jack, used to ride everywhere with me in my pickup. road trips with him were great, he didn't care that i had no time-frame at all. i would see some hill or something in the distance, and we'd pull off the road in the middle of nowhere and hike it. sometimes it would take hours before we got back on the road again. that is the way road-trips should be, i think. an expedition, not just a drive.

  7. #7
    Senior Member une_autre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    114

    Default

    When I read the title, it did not occur to me that you were talking about actual speed as in metres per second. I thought that it was a metaphor for other aspects of life.

    I don't have a particular need of speeding up while in a vehicle. I do not possess a driver's licence. But I do enjoy taking off while in a plane.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    I love my Super Charger. I generally drive a little over the speed limit. Not much, but when I get new tires I like to push it and test them out.

    Or, if I come across some ass hat that's rev-in' their motor, or tail gating.

    I'm most certainly not shy about burning a little kraut.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    I'm in it for the adrenaline rush. And since I don't want to risk my life driving like a maniac (I would if I knew I'd survive...or y'know, if I were suicidal), I take the roller coaster route
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by une_autre View Post
    When I read the title, it did not occur to me that you were talking about actual speed as in metres per second. I thought that it was a metaphor for other aspects of life.

    I don't have a particular need of speeding up while in a vehicle. I do not possess a driver's licence. But I do enjoy taking off while in a plane.
    I do actually take it to pretty much every aspect of my life. Even people at work know that I can knock out pretty much anything quickly and accurately with quality work.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. The Dirge of a Need for Therapy
    By Eldanen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Need for freedom and control-freakiness?
    By alicia91 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
  3. I got pulled over for speeding
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO