• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs. Come here. NOW.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Where the hell are you? I'm interested atleast meeting ONE ISTP in my lifetime (I swear I have yet to meet one), but where do I look? Is there a certain distinct behavior in ISTPs that I can look for?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry: my advice is to browse the clearance section of a video game store... I know that's a dependable place to find mine anyways...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ime, they find you :ninja:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That title of your thread is a booty call.... :laugh:

You'll find them at their hobbies whatever it is. :)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
A hobby store maybe, or like.. A quiet pool/darts/shuffleboard/whatever pro at a bar.

Roach

MBTI Type
ISTp
Hi. Your topic title convinced me in creating an account after 2 months of lurking.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I bet you've met one and just don't realize it.

The_Matrix

You're an ENFP. You have good athletic abilities. Go to the gym and look for a group of men playing a game of basketball or volleyball. Find the one man who stands out as the best natural athlete.

His movements are generally smooth and stealthy, then quick and explosive when he decides to make his move. He jumps higher and faster than everyone else.

This guy has a intense, angry look on his face. He's concentrating 100% on the court, and says nothing other than yelling at his teammates to try harder. If he's on the sidelines he's watching the game closer than anyone. He seems to care more about this random pickup game than anyone else in the gym.

Find the guy who fulfills these traits and you've got your ISTP. Of course there might not be one there that day. Only 5% of the population...

Examples of the intense ISTP face:

mjordan.jpg
mvick.jpg

zidaneface1.jpg
mcenroe.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an ENFP. You have good athletic abilities. Go to the gym and look for a group of men playing a game of basketball or volleyball. Find the one man who stands out as the best natural athlete.

His movements are generally smooth and stealthy, then quick and explosive when he decides to make his move. He jumps higher and faster than everyone else.

This guy has a intense, angry look on his face. He's concentrating 100% on the court, and says nothing other than yelling at his teammates to try harder. If he's on the sidelines he's watching the game closer than anyone. He seems to care more about this random pickup game than anyone else in the gym.

Find the guy who fulfills these traits and you've got your ISTP. Of course there might not be one there that day. Only 5% of the population...

Examples of the intense ISTP face:

mjordan.jpg
mvick.jpg

zidaneface1.jpg
mcenroe.jpg

Um, if you go to the gym to find that arent you just gonna find someone who tends to bring seriousness to a game that is supposed to be fun. A professional sport, game, practice is different then a backyard game of basketball. I would say be aware as someone who takes a gym game this serious probably applies this in other areas as well. Irregardless of type.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hi. Your topic title convinced me in creating an account after 2 months of lurking.

Haha! Well, you're welcome I guess. :D

I bet you've met one and just don't realize it.

Probably! I might even KNOW an ISTP without realizing.. But I really don't think so. :(

Ugh. I really dislike sports and I dislike being at the gym. It just doesn't interest me at all. I think it is because above all, I do NOT like competition. It irritates me to see people trying so hard to be better than everyone else. But anyhow, I'll take this advice and stop by the gym, just to observe. Shouldn't my attention naturally shift towards an ISTP?

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
If you hear a devastating one-liner come from someone who is otherwise quiet, your search is over.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you hear a devastating one-liner come from someone who is otherwise quiet, your search is over.

depends on what you mean by devastating. But yes one liners from an otherwise quiet person is normal for an ISTP.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Um... Where do I spend time? I don't even know. I spend a lot of it at home on my computer or watching random stuff on Netflix. I'm not one of the very athletic ones altho I have a bike and sometimes I hike. I haven't done either in awhile 'cause it's too cold. I'm a programmer. I'm not likely to talk much with random people about work 'cause I know you think it's boring (as far as programmers go). I get glazed looks all of the time. I elaborate when they ask something like "What language?" and take it from there, lol.

If you meet one, offer him/her some food. We'll come out and play for food. Preferably bacon. :drool:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh my god you made me snort my cranberry juice, you bastard. My dad does this all the time. As an example, after I hadn't gone to visit my parents for a while:

Me: *goes to hug dad*
Dad: *extends hand for a shake*
Me: Why do you keep trying to shake my hand! *hugs*
Dad: I always shake strangers' hands.
Me: ......ouch. >.>

ALSO!

Me: Dad...I've gained weight! Do I look fat? ;_;
Dad: *explosive snicker*
Me: Oh, you son of a bitch...
Dad: *fake angelic expression* What?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After sitting through training for a front end wizard based tool for programming.

Me: "Its like programming for dummies"

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
depends on what you mean by devastating. But yes one liners from an otherwise quiet person is normal for an ISTP.

Devastatingly funny and accurate.

If it were mean and inaccurate, that would be ENTJ.

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Go to a car show, endless amount of straight faced machine whisperers there

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where the hell are you? I'm interested atleast meeting ONE ISTP in my lifetime (I swear I have yet to meet one), but where do I look? Is there a certain distinct behavior in ISTPs that I can look for?

In a bar? If there is a unoccupied pool table it won't be that way for long.

In a room full of people? The quiet one who is looking around like they are going to steal something and laughing at nearby conversations even though they aren't actively involved in them.

Oh. Also the person who leaves a party without saying goodbye to anyone.

This too.