MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Haha! Examples please?
    Dunno about others here, but I like short responses that make people see something in a different light (and with any luck, make it look ridiculous). I also like sexual innuendo, but that's just because I'm immature and need to grow up

This isn't the best example, but it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head:
    Someone: "I seriously think 2012 is going to happen." (y'know, world ending, blah blah blah)
    Me: "Yeah, it will come right after 2011 and just before 2013."

Not the funniest, but he got angry with me
    If he was my friend, he would've understood that it's just what I do and I don't mean any offence by it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    In a bar? If there is a unoccupied pool table it won't be that way for long.

In a room full of people? The quiet one who is looking around like they are going to steal something and laughing at nearby conversations even though they aren't actively involved in them.

Oh. Also the person who leaves a party without saying goodbye to anyone.
    Umm... I'd really appreciate it if you stopped stalking me, OK?
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

No ISTP to be found in that previous post at all.

j/k

MBTI
    ISTP

Get to the beach on a surf day and I bet ya 50% of the surfers are ISTP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    If you hear a devastating one-liner come from someone who is otherwise quiet, your search is over.
    Yes, second this. I distinctly remember one of my middle school teachers saying I had a quip for everything.

Also second the not saying goodbye. I absolutely dread goodbyes at social events. I would pay good money to be able to just disappear from a room like in Bewitched. Such a relief there are other people out there that feel this way, too!

Oh and second laughing at nearby conversations even though they aren't actively involved in them! Why do I do this??

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation View Post
    Dunno about others here, but I like short responses that make people see something in a different light (and with any luck, make it look ridiculous). I also like sexual innuendo, but that's just because I'm immature and need to grow up

This isn't the best example, but it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head:
    Someone: "I seriously think 2012 is going to happen." (y'know, world ending, blah blah blah)
    Me: "Yeah, it will come right after 2011 and just before 2013."

Not the funniest, but he got angry with me
    If he was my friend, he would've understood that it's just what I do and I don't mean any offence by it.

Umm... I'd really appreciate it if you stopped stalking me, OK?
    I respond similiar. Me and my son were talkng and I told him he made no sense, then when he responded that he made sense, it caused change to pop into my mind and I asked if he makes quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies and when he said no I said "see you make no cents".

I dont think this is necessarily ISTP though. I picked this up from my family, so not sure what type actually saying these things are. My dad and grandpa is IxTJ.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

Hahaha, ISTPs are among my favorites. I guess my "type vibes" by speech and look. And in my opinion, when ISTPs interact with other types, they have a tendency to be annoying in a way that they don't perceive to be annoying. But I love that at the same time! Read:

(on a bus ride)
    Me: So, what do you want to be when you grow up?
    ISTP girl: Happy.

Me: What should we eat for breakfast?
    ISTP brother: I don't know.
    Me: Do you want food? ( I decide to toy with him)
    ISTP brother: I guess. (I lose this one, but I don't always lose heh heh)

ISTP girl: People go up to me and they're like "oh, you draw so well, can you draw me something?" No, this isn't a circus show. Or, okay, I'll draw you something, but you can pay me.

It's hilarious when they're difficult. To me, ISTPs are "casually" intense, pretty reserved and yet not quite detached, and pretty matter-of-fact.

how2find: really, they're going to be all over the place, not just monster truck rallies or bars and stuff like that. You kinda have to just guess their vibe. It's more important than going to a certain location.
    Last edited by TheGolfCourse; 01-18-2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: added how to find
    The greatest revenge is living well.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfCourse View Post
    ISTP girl: People go up to me and they're like "oh, you draw so well, can you draw me something?" No, this isn't a circus show. Or, okay, I'll draw you something, but you can pay me.
    This made me laugh. It's something I would say.

It's hilarious when they're difficult. To me, ISTPs are "casually" intense, pretty reserved and yet not quite detached, and pretty matter-of-fact.
    I like this description.

On a personal side note: I mainly and unintentionally surround myself with extroverts. I've found INTJ's are the only introverts that I hit it off with immediately.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Me: Do you want food? ( I decide to toy with him)
    ISTP brother: I guess. (I lose this one, but I don't always lose heh heh)
    "I guess" means yes.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Very true...HOWEVER...if no one asks, ISTPs will draw something for everyone in the room as a surprise. LOVE performance, but only spur of the moment, not by command or request.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Very true...HOWEVER...if no one asks, ISTPs will draw something for everyone in the room as a surprise. LOVE performance, but only spur of the moment, not by command or request.
    Ya, thats a pretty major part of our personality IMO, if you can figure that one out without it being said directly, you're good in my books.
    Here's an example from my highly anticipated upcoming auto-biography for all you fans out there...

A couple weekends ago i'm at my local hangout/ bar and had my tab with the one waitress that was serving my groups entire table. Well the group i was with decided to leave early so while they're all paying their bills for the night i happened to notice some other people i knew on the other side of the bar. Not planning to charge anything else to my bill for the night, i decide to pull up a chair at the other table and pay my bill later when the line isn't so busy. Well, after the waitress is done with them she walks directly over to me and says "you can pay your bill, now." in a sort of impatiant demanding tone.
    Now, if your an ISTP you'll understand how that sentence said that way could be a bit of a deal breaker... So i casually told her, "k, transfer it to her. Have a good night." and turned back around, she didn't like that.
    Fastforward to the next weekend, i get the same waitress and changed tables again. This time she asked with no expectations, "do you want to transfer your bill tonight?" I paid it right away with a GOOD tip in her name that time. She's one of those people who "got it", and we've had some fun times since that happened.