First 12

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post

Interesting article by Psychology Today:

Is There a Sixth Sense? | Psychology Today
    That was an interesting article, thank you for sharing

As to the type logic quote, I don't know about other SP's, but ISTP friends often speak of "gut feeling" or "going with the gut."

Sixth sense for me describes the experience of the function arising unconsciously. Intuition yes, we all have it to a degree...but I tend to perceive it as being more active and/or direct.
    I also get that gut feeling, other times i just know that something is going to happen (no details though) or i am talking to someone and i KNOW they are withholding information, which i eventually get out of them, lol.

The only thing i find scary yet fascinating about it is that i have no control (although that contradicts what the article above says) over it, i am not sure how it is beneficial to me and i wish it would happen more often as i like those Wooooo moments.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Nice that someone likes it. btw...it creeps me out.

MBTI
    STP

Ok, I will add one. I was sitting at a table outside with an umbrella. The wind all of a sudden blew the umbrella out of the center of the table and I reached up and caught it. It was so fast that most either didnt realize what happened yet or were just noticing not even thinking about how to respond. My wife gave me this look like how the crap did you catch that.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

It's fun to find oneself in motion, before anyone else...including oneself has time to think.

MBTI
    STP

It's fun to find oneself in motion, before anyone else...including oneself has time to think.
    Yeah it required no thought. A reaction where my subconcious somehow sensed it or was already prepared for it to happen and sent a signal to my hand and arm without me even being conciously aware of it. These are the things you wish you had a video of because it happened to fast for anyone to analyze anything.
    Im out, its been fun

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I am like that in my dreams. During the day I take in a lot of details, to a point of annoyance. I am so focused on external world and all its details, that even my dreams are usually just about my day, or a day similar to other days. In those dreams, I am often able to predict exact scenarios for the next day, or a week later. (that sounds more ISTJ than SP. But. whatev. haha)

Anyway, during the day sometimes similar things happen, and I think its kind of what Colonel was describing, your subconscious holding onto things that consciously, you have no idea about.
    I tend to predict my own future, too. It comes to me in instantaneous thoughts, like a potential conversation will pop into my head and I'll think about how I'd respond, having this feeling that I'll be having that conversation later, and I do. I partially make it happen, but some of the factors involved seem to, strangely enough, have nothing to do with me.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Yeah it required no thought. A reaction where my subconcious somehow sensed it or was already prepared for it to happen and sent a signal to my hand and arm without me even being conciously aware of it. These are the things you wish you had a video of because it happened to fast for anyone to analyze anything.
    Oh yeah, that's the other thing. I tend to react physically to things without even thinking about it. Or I'll act preemptively in perfect motions by instinct. (I've noticed lately that I'm crazy good at catching things, especially when they're on the brink of destruction. That's always automatic.)

I do the same thing with comebacks. I have no idea how I ever got so good at coming up with comebacks, witty retorts and puns, it just seemed to develop somewhere, and sometimes I don't even have to think about it, but quick as lightning my lips are forming some rather amusing verbage.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]