User Tag List

12 Last

Default Hopelessly in love

with an ISTP.

He's been an ex for almost 2months and I still think about him. We almost got married and he planned to move to where I live. It was a long-distance relationship so there isn't even the odd chance we may bump into eachother. We were absolutely in love with one another but things got ugly. I love him so much, no matter what has happened. Feeling like this really sucks. I have even tried to get over him with rebounds, holidays and I forget him only temporarily but then it returns.

I just want to wake up one day with him completely out of my mind or him beside me. Both seem impossible at the moment.

Do you think he will ever return? I heard once SPs are done, they're done, is this really true?

I'm sorry if this sounds so tragic.

Thanks.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cooliogirly1000 View Post
    with an ISTP.

He's been an ex for almost 2months and I still think about him. We almost got married and he planned to move to where I live. It was a long-distance relationship so there isn't even the odd chance we may bump into eachother. We were absolutely in love with one another but things got ugly. I love him so much, no matter what has happened. Feeling like this really sucks. I have even tried to get over him with rebounds, holidays and I forget him only temporarily but then it returns.

I just want to wake up one day with him completely out of my mind or him beside me. Both seem impossible at the moment.

Do you think he will ever return? I heard once SPs are done, they're done, is this really true?

I'm sorry if this sounds so tragic.

Thanks.
    you'll get over it as time goes by
    nothing strage or different about your situation
    just keep yourslef busy/distracted
    until you get over him
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Well, typically when I'm done I'm done. But it depends upon the level of trust that was reached, vs. ok why did the relationship break up? Over stupid stuff or was there a betrayal of some kind?

If it were just stupid stuff, normally there's no need to discuss what transpired...just pick up like nothing happened. If things continue to be cool, the return to the previous established level of trust is pretty much automatic.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My ISTP and I were on and off for ten years.

If there is substance to your relationship, he'll come back, I promise.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My ISTP and I were on and off for ten years.

If there is substance to your relationship, he'll come back, I promise.

I've been teased that it's similar to peeling an onion. i.e. Get back together, ut..oh where'd that next layer come off from.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It really, really depends on why your relationship ended. If there are unresolved issues or the ending relationship was something he did not agree with, you might be able to pick it up. But if he gave some clear and definite reasons for ending (or you did) and he's the one who left (or the end of your relationship had a definite sense of finality), then I would suggest you start working on moving on.

MBTI
    enfp

yea agree with pettycure

why did it end? if u don't mind us asking...

sry, I don't feel comfortable about this anymore. I'll delete everything and just move on. Thanks to everyone who commented.
    Last edited by cooliogirly1000; 12-29-2009 at 02:16 PM.

MBTI
    enfp

wow. i guess the internet is good for diversity of experiences after all... lol

religious differences are hard to overcome for a lot of relationships.

maybe u should also be as strict about intimacy as he does too. i can see how it would be very attractive for him if u were more "strict" about intimacy than he was.

but yeah, it sounds like his roommate has a lot of influence over him. maybe u want to write him a letter saying that u "prayed" for forgiveness for both of your transgressions.

anyways, cool beans. I had a similiar experience with an ex. it can work if u guys just pray together. but i guess the different sect thing might be hard to pray about. but maybe all this difficulty was for a reason, and u just have to pray to find what that reason is...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by cooliogirly1000 View Post
    We were of two different religious sub sects but within the same general group.
    I am an ardent individualist. I would NEVER let religious affiliation interfere with a serioos romantic relationship. Organized religion is a tool for human beings to collectively participate in some mutually agreed upon version of what is assumed to be "God's will on Earth." That's all fine and good, great, I love it. BUT - I'll be damned if ANYONE is going to tell me what to do, especially if I love someone.

My wife and I are both of the same religion, but I guarantee you, if we weren't, and there were going to be one or more conflicts from our respective churches/sects, that both of us would choose each other and find a new religion. Can a religious organization start a family with you, keep you warn at night, support you financially and fulfill your need for intimate personal relations? NOPE, none I have ever heard of anyway. people first, churches are an afterthought as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, I am not a heathen, I have a great spiritual outlook on life, but my relationship with God and with other people are managed on my terms. I got over needing other people's approval at around age 3.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro