User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    You can tell if an ISTP is in agreement with your position and supportive because then they will swing into full problem-solving mode and become virtual Joan of Arc's to solve the problem.
    I'd say that's a fair assessment!

(the rest of it too, but that in particular)
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    My experience is that ISTPs give advice support conditioned by the "stickiness" factor. If there is any hint of getting bogged down in endless discussion, short non-committal responses are the norm. If a friendship exists but ISTP doesn't agree with the friend's position, it's usually an objective response if they know the friend can handle it..otherwise fall back position is the short non-committal response or silence.

You can tell if an ISTP is in agreement with your position and supportive because then they will swing into full problem-solving mode and become virtual Joan of Arc's to solve the problem.

Their response is ALWAYS related to how quickly they can get into problem-solving mode. If no avenue is seen, shut down occurs and problem solving is taken within while the other person babbles on...(hence the famous ISTP empty stare)... if they haven't already found a physical escape route out of the room itself.
    This is a relief to read (especially the part in bold) and this applies to the ISTP I'm with perfectly. With people she doesn't care as much for, but knows they're more sensitive, so she throws empty words of, "Everything will be all right", even though she doesn't mean it. This is purely towards people who moan for the saking of moaning and don't seem open to a solution to their problem. With them, she soon switches off and ignores them.

What amazes me is how interested she seems about everything I have to say. She was so excited when she heard about my new piercing. She even named it for me.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh, you don't even have to spend a lot of money on me. If you buy me an ice cream cone and we sit down and tell funny stories, I'm just as happy as if you've taken me to an expensive restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    They're like most other sensor women: "Spend money on me or i won't feel loved."

c'mon, tell me I'm wrong! fight me!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    This is a relief to read (especially the part in bold) and this applies to the ISTP I'm with perfectly. With people she doesn't care as much for, but knows they're more sensitive, so she throws empty words of, "Everything will be all right", even though she doesn't mean it. This is purely towards people who moan for the saking of moaning and don't seem open to a solution to their problem. With them, she soon switches off and ignores them.

What amazes me is how interested she seems about everything I have to say. She was so excited when she heard about my new piercing. She even named it for me.
    She doesn't just *seem* interested. I bet she really is.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

after initial reservedness and not talking to you much they seem to be pretty blunt and seemingly unaware that it may come off as rude (because it's usually an attempt to help so why are you upset about it?). the ones I've met are very sweet besides this, but I think it can sometimes be a sugar coat to cover up their cold-blooded, grey, and clammy-skinned bodies.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    after initial reservedness and not talking to you much they seem to be pretty blunt and seemingly unaware that it may come off as rude (because it's usually an attempt to help so why are you upset about it?).
    I'm aware (after many years of being this way) that I come off as rude, but I don't usually know what I've done to be rude. I don't mean to be that way. Of course over 99% of the population doesn't have the balls to say "that comment hurt my feelings"... Ergo, we don't always know what to watch out for.

Do your part and tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes. Preferably nicely since some of us actually have a sensitive ego.

the ones I've met are very sweet besides this, but I think it can sometimes be a sugar coat to cover up their cold-blooded, grey, and clammy-skinned bodies.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm aware (after many years of being this way) that I come off as rude, but I don't usually know what I've done to be rude. I don't mean to be that way. Of course over 99% of the population doesn't have the balls to say "that comment hurt my feelings"... Ergo, we don't always know what to watch out for.

Do your part and tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes. Preferably nicely since some of us actually have a sensitive ego.
    yeah, I'm not saying you ISTPs aren't aware, it would just seem that way to a lot of people (maybe the 99% you're referencing). The way an istp communicates can sometimes be misinterpreted as serious and biting to the sensitive, even though it's usually just a less watered down and less winded form of communication. Once someone can differentiate honest and/or helpful criticism from a jest or an insult feelings shouldn't get hurt anymore. I used to not be able to tell the difference when I was a kid and take things personally, but now I understand it and find myself doing it too. Still though, communication should generally be an equal effort for harmony and understanding for both parties (no matter what type).

don't be so blue, who wouldn't want a candy-covered istp woman around?

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm actually really not like the typical ISTP when it comes to cuddly-ness. I love cuddling and PDA's (well...not making out or anything, but holding hands, small kisses, etc.) And I'm actually pretty in-touch with my emotions, but sometimes I suppose I can be insensitive. It doesn't happen often although my INFP( I THINK that's what his type is) boyfriend says that I don't get his when we're in a fight. I dunno. It's funny because he's always on about being 'logical' when I'm upset about something, then I think about it and realize that he's right and I'm not upset anymore. Then somehow, he becomes very 'illogical' and emotional and talks to me in analogies and metaphors, which I have a hard time associating with. I really think we need to continue to work on our communication skillz.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post

+1

Nicely said.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Okay, I have a question.

ITP types are known for their objective thinking, right? So if I were to rant about someone/something to my ISTP, naturally, she would offer another perspective on the matter? Just to be objective? Whereas an ISFP would be all-out supportive, emphasizing my needs and how dare the other person be so rude? Well, my ISTP is more the latter. She always takes my side, never seeming to weigh up the information objectively. Unless TiSe is less into evalutation than TiNe? Would ISTPs offer support to their partner, regardless?

It's just that even when I try to be supportive, I always end up trying to justify the people she defers to me about. I'm not a very good bitching-buddy. I'm just confused about her type, basically.
    I'm interested in your unusual perspective here. What other differences have you observed between ISTP women and INTP women? So far, this is the only thing that stands out. I.e. Ns being more impersonal/objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.