First 1234 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Okay, I have a question.

ITP types are known for their objective thinking, right? So if I were to rant about someone/something to my ISTP, naturally, she would offer another perspective on the matter? Just to be objective? Whereas an ISFP would be all-out supportive, emphasizing my needs and how dare the other person be so rude? Well, my ISTP is more the latter. She always takes my side, never seeming to weigh up the information objectively. Unless TiSe is less into evalutation than TiNe? Would ISTPs offer support to their partner, regardless?

It's just that even when I try to be supportive, I always end up trying to justify the people she defers to me about. I'm not a very good bitching-buddy. I'm just confused about her type, basically.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think this could be more about how much you value loyalty to your friends. From my experience, ISFPs lend some emotional support (certainly never say a word against you -- they mostly just listen & agree), but ENTJs are hands-down the best if you want 'fight-to-the-death' allegiance (and words that pulverize the other side).

I like that my ISTP boyfriend always takes my side first (I think he gives me the benefit of the doubt), but it's more along the lines of listening and agreeing/attempting to understand. If he happens to see the other point of view, he's cautious about how he puts it... it's always in such a way that I can see what he means too, usually shedding new light on the matter for me. This is when he's being serious (as in the topic is quite serious to me). He usually is not serious though, because he frequently plays devil's advocate just to rile me up for fun.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I rile a certain co-worker up for fun.

Pushin' buttons feelz' good!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Another thing I really appreciate is feedback. Positive feedback is usually easy enough to give and receive. I'm really looking for a little bit of negative feedback if there is any. Someone has to tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes. How can I make myself better? How can we be better friends? What about me bothers you? I'm not going to randomly pick up on signals or hints. I don't play that game with people and I certainly shouldn't be expected to play along with others just 'cause they play it. I guess that ties in with honesty.

I've also dated both and lemme tell ya, T ftw.
    Judging from this, ISTP women are probably pretty awesome in relationships.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post

Pushin' buttons feelz' good!
    Haha! The feeling's mutual! You guys are good at keeping people on their toes!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Haha! The feeling's mutual! You guys are good at keeping people on their toes!
    You're INFP and you like it when people rile you up for fun?

I'll PM you my name, address and phone number. It is imperative that we meet.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're INFP and you like it when people rile you up for fun?

I'll PM you my name, address and phone number. It is imperative that we meet.
    INFPs are earnest, romantic, take themselves mostly seriously, intense, value and feeling-driven (and wish to unburden themselves of this from time to time)... to me it seems these are qualities that can easily attract a roguish mischief-maker intent on setting some fireworks that (temporarily) turn the world upside-down.

And one devil's spawn is enough for me right now, thanks!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I agree 99.9999% with everything that's been said. Especially:

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I've been with both and I definitely prefer a T in relationships. They aren't offended or made insecure by my bluntness. They even play off it. I love that. It's necessary that I can say what I think the way I want to say it and not have to translate it to be more palatable to the listener....
    I don't like to be in charge yet I will not be controlled.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Another thing I really appreciate is feedback. Positive feedback is usually easy enough to give and receive. I'm really looking for a little bit of negative feedback if there is any. Someone has to tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes. How can I make myself better? How can we be better friends? What about me bothers you? I'm not going to randomly pick up on signals or hints. I don't play that game with people and I certainly shouldn't be expected to play along with others just 'cause they play it. I guess that ties in with honesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilikoi View Post
    I need to be with someone that is adventurous and curious. Likes new experiences and doing outdoorsy things. Definitely NOT conservative. Otherwise I get bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Space, space and more space. Shared interests are also a bonus. A partner who isn't sensitive so they can use your ego as a scratching post. Kidding. But if you don't like being teased, then you may have a bit of trouble. ...When will she learn? Never challenge an INTP to a game of banter. You will always lose.
    I can guarantee you she thinks you're the one that always loses Or that's how it was for me when I dated an INTP.

She'll have her once-in-a-blue-moon snuggly moments. ...She likes to draw. She sent me an email on Christmas morning, with an adorable picture of an echidna. A note saying, "I thought of you and doodled".
    I'm surprisingly affectionate with people I care about AND feel comfortable with. I'll draw for extra special people. And I've had a track record of saying the "L word" first.... at least with Thinkers. I suspect this is because Thinkers have the rational fear that I'll freak and run away if they say it first. And I actually prefer saying it first. If I do say I love you, I'm confident in how I feel about you and know you return my feelings. So I don't feel vulnerable. This is similar with the cuddly thing. If I don't feel vulnerable and am confident you feel the same affection for me, I may step outside my comfort zone and be more cuddly.

To expand on the OP's questions... I value someone that helps me grow and introduces me to new ideas/concepts/interests that appeal to me. Someone I can have intelligent conversations with about things that interest me is a must. I value someone that respects my discomfort for "feelings" and encourage me or back off when necessary. I like it when people anticipate my needs, but I also like it when they verify it with me anyways. I need a good mixture of patience, easy-going, lowkey, understanding, confident, good at making decisions, and outgoing. So whatever type that is. I have a strong disgust for extreme arrogance though.

Oh, and past boyfriends usually view me as an enigma. They liked that I was rational, spontaneous and easy going. They disliked when I dug my heels in on something and became a little too insensitive (Oppositional Te). Many complaints about my critical parent function, Si, too (i.e.: "You did that wrong." or "Mannn... you really f*cked that one up." )
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Okay, I have a question.

ITP types are known for their objective thinking, right? So if I were to rant about someone/something to my ISTP, naturally, she would offer another perspective on the matter? Just to be objective? Whereas an ISFP would be all-out supportive, emphasizing my needs and how dare the other person be so rude? Well, my ISTP is more the latter. She always takes my side, never seeming to weigh up the information objectively. Unless TiSe is less into evalutation than TiNe? Would ISTPs offer support to their partner, regardless?

It's just that even when I try to be supportive, I always end up trying to justify the people she defers to me about. I'm not a very good bitching-buddy. I'm just confused about her type, basically.
    I dont offer things just to be objective when it comes to people, if you make sense then I will be supportive. With people I am not always objective in the manner you described, give me something like a political topic, speech, seminar, etc and my objectivity will come out. I will become very objective and work to debunk every little assumption that had to be made to reach a conclusion. They are trying to convince people of things and they will provide as much information as possible in support of what they say that I just have this urge to drop the "drama" that it creates several notches.
    Im out, its been fun

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I imagine they're pretty cool. Just invest in a sturdy bed and avoid combustibles.