Thread: xSTP goofiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Everybody knows you only want to check out her car and give some "helpful" suggestions on a new model. Dastardly devils.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    My istp little brother is very goofy. He and I have very similar senses of humor, we find a ton of things funny. I would say he maintains a bit of a "drier" goofiness, though, if that makes any sense.
    I wonder if it's because you are related or so close that you see that side of him? I started this thread because I can be very silly or goofy but it's generally only with one on one interactions or with intimate interactions most definitely. I have to feel very comfortable and I have wondered about other STP opinions. So thanks for sharing everyone.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

My ESTP husband is the goofiest person I know (: He LOVES to make people laugh with slapstick humor. I'm a teacher and I've had quite a few ESTP class clowns as well.

Now in my observation, ISTPs can be very funny and playful but in shorter spurts than ESTPs. Many ESTPs are "on" almost anytime they have an audience. My ISTP students may occasionally throw out a clever one-liner that gets their friends laughing, but they don't really have interest in being a class clown or keeping the comedy going for extended periods.

And in response to someone's post, INTJs absolutely have a goofy side and it's so adorable when it comes out. I like to think of it as their ESFP shadow coming out to play

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

yeh, situational comedy and one-liners are my forte'

I suck at telling jokes, and don't have much of an attention span for them.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Many ESTPs are "on" almost anytime they have an audience.
    If we go too long between audiences we get bored as hell...

Then we get into trouble.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I could be wrong but my general impression has been....

STP's - Serious with a dose of goofiness thrown in.
    SFP's- Goofy with a dose of seriousness thrown in.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I know an ESTP who's pretty playful (we had like a 10 minute, very ridiculous conversation about cannibalism), and the occasional ISTP, but it seems to me that the introverts are very rarely goofy. When they are it seems to be an Fe thing, very warm and affectionate
    Wow that's pretty interesting. Never thought about it, but I suppose you're right... when I'm being especially silly (as opposed to my dry humor attitude), it's almost an affectionate thing. I make silly faces, and act almost child like ("PLAY WITH ME, DAMN IT!" :steam: .... ). Always with a person I especially like and feel affectionate towards.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I could be wrong but my general impression has been....

STP's - Serious with a dose of goofiness thrown in.
    SFP's- Goofy with a dose of seriousness thrown in.
    I would say for me I am always serious with goofiness thrown in, usually very dry humour. My ISTP husband is goofy with some seriousness thrown in. He's the one who relaxes me with his humour.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Wow that's pretty interesting. Never thought about it, but I suppose you're right... when I'm being especially silly (as opposed to my dry humor attitude), it's almost an affectionate thing. I make silly faces, and act almost child like ("PLAY WITH ME, DAMN IT!" :steam: .... ). Always with a person I especially like and feel affectionate towards.
    I'm the same way. I'm affectionately physical with people I care very deeply about. It's almost a need to touch them, hold hands or to sit very close to. However, being married now, I just limit that physical affection to my husband and children.

MBTI
    INTP

My older brother has tested ESxP, and I find he is very playful and goofy. We get along like a house on fire most of the time Running up behind him, poking him in the side and then scampering away is a favourite habit of mine - his reactions are VERY amusing.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons