• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xSTP goofiness

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everybody knows you only want to check out her car and give some "helpful" suggestions on a new model. Dastardly devils.

:whistling:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My istp little brother is very goofy. He and I have very similar senses of humor, we find a ton of things funny. I would say he maintains a bit of a "drier" goofiness, though, if that makes any sense.

I wonder if it's because you are related or so close that you see that side of him? I started this thread because I can be very silly or goofy but it's generally only with one on one interactions or with intimate interactions most definitely. I have to feel very comfortable and I have wondered about other STP opinions. So thanks for sharing everyone.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My ESTP husband is the goofiest person I know :) He LOVES to make people laugh with slapstick humor. I'm a teacher and I've had quite a few ESTP class clowns as well.

Now in my observation, ISTPs can be very funny and playful but in shorter spurts than ESTPs. Many ESTPs are "on" almost anytime they have an audience. My ISTP students may occasionally throw out a clever one-liner that gets their friends laughing, but they don't really have interest in being a class clown or keeping the comedy going for extended periods.

And in response to someone's post, INTJs absolutely have a goofy side and it's so adorable when it comes out. I like to think of it as their ESFP shadow coming out to play :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeh, situational comedy and one-liners are my forte'

I suck at telling jokes, and don't have much of an attention span for them.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many ESTPs are "on" almost anytime they have an audience.

If we go too long between audiences we get bored as hell... :cheese:

Then we get into trouble. :doh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could be wrong but my general impression has been....

STP's - Serious with a dose of goofiness thrown in.
SFP's- Goofy with a dose of seriousness thrown in.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know an ESTP who's pretty playful (we had like a 10 minute, very ridiculous conversation about cannibalism), and the occasional ISTP, but it seems to me that the introverts are very rarely goofy. When they are it seems to be an Fe thing, very warm and affectionate :wubbie:

Wow that's pretty interesting. Never thought about it, but I suppose you're right... when I'm being especially silly (as opposed to my dry humor attitude), it's almost an affectionate thing. I make silly faces, and act almost child like ("PLAY WITH ME, DAMN IT!" :steam: .... :D). Always with a person I especially like and feel affectionate towards.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I could be wrong but my general impression has been....

STP's - Serious with a dose of goofiness thrown in.
SFP's- Goofy with a dose of seriousness thrown in.

I would say for me I am always serious with goofiness thrown in, usually very dry humour. My ISTP husband is goofy with some seriousness thrown in. He's the one who relaxes me with his humour.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wow that's pretty interesting. Never thought about it, but I suppose you're right... when I'm being especially silly (as opposed to my dry humor attitude), it's almost an affectionate thing. I make silly faces, and act almost child like ("PLAY WITH ME, DAMN IT!" :steam: .... :D). Always with a person I especially like and feel affectionate towards.

I'm the same way. I'm affectionately physical with people I care very deeply about. It's almost a need to touch them, hold hands or to sit very close to. However, being married now, I just limit that physical affection to my husband and children.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
My older brother has tested ESxP, and I find he is very playful and goofy. We get along like a house on fire most of the time :D Running up behind him, poking him in the side and then scampering away is a favourite habit of mine - his reactions are VERY amusing.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
i guess i wouldn't use the word "goofy," but i can't think of a better one. maybe... playfulness?

i'm always getting chopped or punched by my istps. i find the physical jesting funny!

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Here's how to terrorize an ISTP: place him/her in a sandbox full of kids for an hour.
The only time an ISTP is goofy is when they drink...in excess.
Sober ISTP humor is adult and subtle and rarely understood.

DaPerformer

xstp don't get goofy because that is xsfp territory. We all have our place, I've had a lot of xstp friends, I know what I'm talking about. That slightly geeky thing is xsfp trademarked too and I'd be pissed if xstp started walking all over my territory.

I'M SAYIN'... right?

LOL