• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFP VS ESTP Breakdown

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would love a break down highlighting and contrasting the differences between ESTPs and ESFPs, specifically females.

Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

This was the best I could find on the forum, and I'm looking for clear cut stuff like this.
ESTP's predominately shows a "solid" front. One of the first thing that comes to mind is "capable"
ESFP's predominately shows a "warm" front. One of the first thing that comes to mind is "welcoming"

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...ESTP's are more practical in their recreational pursuits. Things like card sharking, and conning little old ladies out of their life savings are definately ESTP-esque kind of fun.

An ESFP takes a completely differing approach...things like shagging an East German womens pole vaulting team in a public fountain, or fleeing from their ex-wife in her new boyfriend's BMW are simply things they like to do for fun.

:shock:

The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant

I just love this link. :)

kind of bored, think I'll go outside and entertain myself by blowing some chit up now

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'mdrunk but ESFP= Sexy female. ESTP= Sexy male. the end. Your welcoem.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dang, I thought that said "smackdown" the first time I looked, not "breakdown."

Actually, I was just talking about this with my co-worker earlier - ESTP know what they want and go after it until they get it, and people better not stand in their way - whereas ESFP are more cooperative because they want to entertain an audience and get that response.

Or something like that. I'm not drunk I'm just tired.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was the best I could find on the forum, and I'm looking for clear cut stuff like this.

ha! I think that's my quote. :D

Jeffster's description is accurate.

The ESFP female I know is very "bouncy" she breaks out in dance quite a bit. She likes being goofy and saying things to get reactions out of people or to make them laugh even when they aren't true. She has told me on more than one occasion that she loves "shock value". Although, I would say that might be an SP trait overall.

ESFP - lighthearted, flirty, funny character.
ESTP - competitive, seductive, wants to have fun more than is a funny character.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
ha! I think that's my quote. :D

Jeffster's description is accurate.

The ESFP female I know is very "bouncy" she breaks out in dance quite a bit. She likes being goofy and saying things to get reactions out of people or to make them laugh even when they aren't true. She has told me on more than one occasion that she loves "shock value". Although, I would say that might be an SP trait overall.

ESFP - lighthearted, flirty, funny character.
ESTP - competitive, seductive, wants to have fun more than is a funny character.
Hm, I'm a little of both descriptions. I wonder if either I'm a mixture of both types or if getting reactions out of people for the fun of it is an ESTP trait as well. I think the latter is true, although I'm not totally sure about dancing all the time, which is something I do (unless it causes people to write me off as too silly). I definitely would rather have fun than be seen as a funny character.

Here's what Dr. Keirsey's son said about the difference between the two:

Distinguishing between Promoter and Performer can be difficult, and your research and observations illustrates this. Both Promoters and Performers can be peacocks; however, the Promoters are the ultimate braggarts (most Performers aren't braggarts). Just as John Kennedy (from a wealthy background) was considered a smooth operator, whereas Lyndon Johnson (from a poor background) was a unrepentant braggart. Self-promotion is can be the weakness of the Promoter: because they are the best at it (ala Donald Trump).

I'm pretty much always trying to find a reason to brag, and I can get offended pretty easily if my image is ruffled, whereas it seems like Performers (ESFPs) not only don't mind looking totally ridiculous but go for that look (think Will Ferrell). I only like that a little bit, as long as it gets people to notice me more and from there begin to see the more competent side of me.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Dang, I thought that said "smackdown" the first time I looked, not "breakdown."
Don't lose hope yet, Jeffster! :D

BreakItDown.jpg

BMEF

My father is an ESFP. My older brother is an ESTP.

My brother (ESTP) is more outgoing, having a huger desire to explore the world than my father (ESFP).
My father (ESFP) is more respected by his peers, more hot-tempered than my older brother (ESTP).
My father always makes my older brother feel reprehensible.

Both of them can be funny, social, and exuberant.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
My father is an ESFP. My older brother is an ESTP.

My brother (ESTP) is more outgoing, having a huger desire to explore the world than my father (ESFP).
My father (ESFP) is more respected by his peers, more hot-tempered than my older brother (ESTP).
My father always makes my older brother feel reprehensible.

Both of them can be funny, social, and exuberant.

Hm. My overall impression of ESFPs is that they're more likely to at least appear conventional and fall in line with expectations in everyday situations in order to be socially acceptable. We ESTPs can't stand that. It's the SP nature to go with the flow, but we ESTPs as Initiators like to create the flow very smoothly while ESFPs as CoWorkers would rather just be a part of what's going on than in control.

My brother is an ESFP and he's much more emotional than I am - well, obviously, but he seems to get in moods and is more likely to be self-reflective (which I find impossible), which is strange to me since I thought that was supposed to be Idealist.