User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default Do ISTPs with well developed Ni and Fe start acting like xNFJs?

The title sounds so boring. I know.

Can't help it.

------------------------------------------------

Needs feedback from MBTI experts.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

While it is theoretically possible that anyone with balance could use any function, I don't think it turns out that types end up "looking" like such a different type. Normally, the person would still seem like an ISTP, however they'll just be more effective at Ni-Fe use.

If their behavior changes so much that you notice a switch, I'd suggest Ni-Fe is actually poorly developed and is immaturely emerging in response to stress. But I don't know the specifics.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    While it is theoretically possible that anyone with balance could use any function, I don't think it turns out that types end up "looking" like such a different type. Normally, the person would still seem like an ISTP, however they'll just be more effective at Ni-Fe use.

If their behavior changes so much that you notice a switch, I'd suggest Ni-Fe is actually poorly developed and is immaturely emerging in response to stress. But I don't know the specifics.
    I thought when ISTP are under stress an ESTJ type character emerge. I have noticed this on couple of occasion.

Not flexible
    Rigid
    etc

Are ESTJ characteristics which are common to ISTPs under stress.

Are you suggesting that under stress they use the functions they are not used to? (applies to any type)

Riva

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm not a huge believer in shadow types and their expression. If anything, when I get stressed I'll just tunnel into Ti and burrow, seeing any kind of intrusion as an attack on my independence.

But this is based solely on personal experience. I've read the Tertiary Temptation theory, there's a shadow theory, and I'm sure a bunch of others but I haven't really seen anything that jumps out at me.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm not a huge believer in shadow types and their expression. If anything, when I get stressed I'll just tunnel into Ti and burrow, seeing any kind of intrusion as an attack on my independence.

But this is based solely on personal experience. I've read the Tertiary Temptation theory, there's a shadow theory, and I'm sure a bunch of others but I haven't really seen anything that jumps out at me.
    Maybe you tunnel into Ti to analyze things a bit more. Analyze yourself. I would imagine Ti dominants doing that when they are in a rut.

What's wrong? What is going on?

simple!

My Ti (which is what I am most comfortable with) will provide answers.

??

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Maybe you tunnel into Ti to analyze things a bit more. Analyze yourself. I would imagine Ti dominants doing that when they are in a rut.

What's wrong? What is going on?

simple!

My Ti (which is what I am most comfortable with) will provide answers.

??
    This is exactly how I get. To me this is understanding cause and affect. Sometimes its understanding emotions, sometimes its not.

My own experience, and I think what most ITPs report, is more an attempt to coax something out, to give form to some idea that I won't fully understand until it's been given form. A goal known in advance of this process would interfere with the process; it would corrupt the idea so that what emerges wouldn't be pure.
    Because of this I dont think we could ever push as much as an ENFJ can because it would go against who we are. My goals are generally very broad and dont have alot of detail or plans.

Its logically possible as we get better with our tertiary and inferior. No we would not act like an ENFJ, but we could easily perform(appear to act) like an ENFJ would do, but with much better results as we can fully use Ti and Se along with Ni and Fe.
    Im out, its been fun

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Every peoples, whatever there type is, can act like others types when using sompe functions or conbinaisons of functions. Notably ISTPs, who can act like xNFJs when using the Ni-Fe combo. When he's bad developped theses function, he acts like an xNFJ in a wrong way, and when he has well developped it, he acts like an xNFJ in a good way. But he stills ISTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

YES YES YES!!!

When my ISTP mom in law was 25 she told her son to quit whining and being such a baby when he hit his elbow. After four days she realized it was the size of a softball and he had punctured the bursa sack (?). They have tons of stories like this. She was the toughest, most practical human being ever.

Now at 55 she makes those little scrapbook cards obsessively, home decorates and goes insane if the tile color doesnt match the carpet, hovers over me telling me which plates are microwave compatible, gets weird if the lamp doesnt match the couch, tells me my clothes dont match, and also tells me I am weird and in short, Fe's me until I want to kill her.

I can see my 33 ex-husband doing this now. He is turning from a 6 foot tall, tattoo covered bmx riding tattoo artist who got in fights and never paid his bills into a PTO dad who worries if we didnt pick up the "right" gift for the other toddler for the daycare christmas party.

It is utterly hysterical.

It is odd though as it isnt like a real-deal xNFJ-it really feels "shadowy". Kinda like I will freak out and go nuts if someone messes with the order my instruments ship out in at work-a very ISTJ response, but not the real ISTJ manner.