• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do ISTPs with well developed Ni and Fe start acting like xNFJs?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I used to think strangely when I used certain drugs, but that's been years since. Whenever I encounter intense use of symbols and conspiratorial thinking now, I'm like.. "Oookay. Gotta go!". It's disturbs me, even if seen in others. Like I want to get to the nearest mundane, realistic place and just let that surround me instead. It gives me peace. The other stuff may very well be an SP type of Ni (rather than dominant), but I'm not sure.

Yeah I missed this post until I saw that [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] responded to it. I am the same way. I keep mocking this woman over on another web site who thinks EVERYTHING is a governmental conspiracy, and I also mock anyone who sees "secret messages" in music videos (like the original intent for my Lana Del Rey "Cool Story Bro" thread) ...I work sometimes for an older man who is a writer...he's like 82 years old. I don't know if he's an elderly ESTP (this is my guess because he's very gregarious, cheerful, seems highly Fe, was very competitive and driven as a younger man, had kind of an amazing life, is full of stories, and still wants to PHYSICALLY beat people up who threaten him) or an extremely, extremely Se ENFJ....but he believes in the Illuminati, aliens, researches pyramids, and so forth. He thinks if he publishes one of the novels I helped to edit that he may be killed. I just have to get away from him sometimes, like "Jesus christ stop it with this insanity."

HOWEVER...as a younger girl I did all the scrying, astrology, tarot cards, etc. that SPs can be known for with their "magical" sense of Ni.

Conspiracy theories and things that seem realistically, factually improbable *to me* make me want to either laugh or get away.

It's also why I make fun of anarcho-capitalist libertarianism, because I think it's insanely idealistic, and the flip side of communism.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I missed this post until I saw that [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] responded to it. I am the same way. I keep mocking this woman over on another web site who thinks EVERYTHING is a governmental conspiracy, and I also mock anyone who sees "secret messages" in music videos (like the original intent for my Lana Del Rey "Cool Story Bro" thread) ...I work sometimes for an older man who is a writer...he's like 82 years old. I don't know if he's an elderly ESTP (this is my guess because he's very gregarious, cheerful, seems highly Fe, was very competitive and driven as a younger man, had kind of an amazing life, is full of stories, and still wants to PHYSICALLY beat people up who threaten him) or an extremely, extremely Se ENFJ....but he believes in the Illuminati, aliens, researches pyramids, and so forth. He thinks if he publishes one of the novels I helped to edit that he may be killed. I just have to get away from him sometimes, like "Jesus christ stop it with this insanity."

HOWEVER...as a younger girl I did all the scrying, astrology, tarot cards, etc. that SPs can be known for with their "magical" sense of Ni.

Conspiracy theories and things that seem realistically, factually improbable *to me* make me want to either laugh or get away.

It's also why I make fun of anarcho-capitalist libertarianism, because I think it's insanely idealistic, and the flip side of communism.

Based on the Ni/Ne users I know first hand, I always attributed Ne as the conspiracy theorist type. It sounds like a form of hypothesizing -- and it can drive me crazy in large doses. When I listen to Ni users speak about something that could be a conspiracy, they manage to make it sound like it's just a fact. Imagine an INTJ telling you something out there vs. an ENTP telling you something crazy. Although... my interpretation of that may just be due to my own type, and my tertiary Ni.