User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    My ISTP can use Fe very well in response to stress, as long as the stress involves other people, particularly people he cares about, as long as he doesn't feel directly angry or agitated for himself. His Fe can really suck, but like if you mess with his mommy or someone he cares about, he'll be there to jump over the fence and beat your ass in about two seconds. Of course that also involves Se. A more particular "NFJ-ish" example would be when he goes into "counselor" mode, and is totally chill while other people are freaking out, and he explains why everyone else should calm down, and what might produce a win-win situation.
    Generally, our "counselor" mode is practical in nature. It's not Fe at all. We do that to circumvent emotional displays. Let's solve this issue so the problem disappears and things can get back to normal. Emotional energy is a time waster as far as proactive approaches go so we tend to look past that if it's the only approach we see being used.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Generally, our "counselor" mode is practical in nature. It's not Fe at all. We do that to circumvent emotional displays. Let's solve this issue so the problem disappears and things can get back to normal. Emotional energy is a time waster as far as proactive approaches go so we tend to look past that if it's the only approach we see being used.
    Yes. This is what I've seen from ISTPs as well.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes. This is what I've seen from ISTPs as well.
    I changed back to ISTP because you made me think about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I thought you had strong Ni inclinations btw. Or maybe you read a lot of stuff sparking it? I don't mean any offense, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about sometimes.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I thought you had strong Ni inclinations btw. Or maybe you read a lot of stuff sparking it? I don't mean any offense, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about sometimes.
    I don't either but I've experienced that with a couple of other ISTPs sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I don't either but I've experienced that with a couple of other ISTPs sometimes.
    I guess I used to think strangely when I used certain drugs, but that's been years since. Whenever I encounter intense use of symbols and conspiratorial thinking now, I'm like.. "Oookay. Gotta go!". It's disturbs me, even if seen in others. Like I want to get to the nearest mundane, realistic place and just let that surround me instead. It gives me peace. The other stuff may very well be an SP type of Ni (rather than dominant), but I'm not sure.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. Emotional drama really seems to drain him, and he likes to say things like "come on now use your head, if you do xyz then YOU actually look better!" and I thought that was lower-level Fe the way TPs tend to use it, especially early in life, in a more practical or manipulative way.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. Emotional drama really seems to drain him, and he likes to say things like "come on now use your head, if you do xyz then YOU actually look better!" and I thought that was lower-level Fe the way TPs tend to use it, especially early in life, in a more practical or manipulative way.
    I thought the manipulative types were the NTJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought the manipulative types were the NTJs.
    Have you ever met an ExTP?

NTJs don't have enough Fe to be truly manipulative, not in the warm, "gosh I'm so sweet and cute" way that TPs can sometimes pull off. Like "aww shucks, what me worry?"

Two words: Simulated World.

One more word: entropie.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In fact I'll honestly say I'm still not closed off to the possibility that the person I'm talking about is actully a reserved ESTP by Jungian function order, because I swear I've had incidents with him where I felt like he was rejecting his N function, and his own mother talks about how manipulative he can be, and how he was possessive of her, even as a little boy like "my mommy" and he did this cute thing where he said he was going to carry her in his pocket.

It's very difficult to type other people sometimes. I've had ISTPs say he sounds ISTP, but I haven't ruled out ESTP 100%.