User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Yeah, I act like an NFJ from time to time, but only in very small doses. I tire and get stressed very quickly when I'm in that mode, and will need to run away to recharge after.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

When I stress out I get really anal about the way in which I approach my work. In my personal life, I also get real paranoid feelings without any indication I should be paranoid about anything. I hate that. Is that xNFJ? I don't know.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    When I stress out I get really anal about the way in which I approach my work. In my personal life, I also get real paranoid feelings without any indication I should be paranoid about anything. I hate that. Is that xNFJ? I don't know.
    Oh my god I get that too, and it gets really bad whenever it happens.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    YES YES YES!!!

When my ISTP mom in law was 25 she told her son to quit whining and being such a baby when he hit his elbow. After four days she realized it was the size of a softball and he had punctured the bursa sack (?). They have tons of stories like this. She was the toughest, most practical human being ever.

Now at 55 she makes those little scrapbook cards obsessively, home decorates and goes insane if the tile color doesnt match the carpet, hovers over me telling me which plates are microwave compatible, gets weird if the lamp doesnt match the couch, tells me my clothes dont match, and also tells me I am weird and in short, Fe's me until I want to kill her.

I can see my 33 ex-husband doing this now. He is turning from a 6 foot tall, tattoo covered bmx riding tattoo artist who got in fights and never paid his bills into a PTO dad who worries if we didnt pick up the "right" gift for the other toddler for the daycare christmas party.

It is utterly hysterical.

It is odd though as it isnt like a real-deal xNFJ-it really feels "shadowy". Kinda like I will freak out and go nuts if someone messes with the order my instruments ship out in at work-a very ISTJ response, but not the real ISTJ manner.
    :eek: .... Please don't tell me I'm going to be like that at 55. It makes me want to curl up under my desk in the fetal position and stare at the wall in horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I thought when ISTP are under stress an ESTJ type character emerge. I have noticed this on couple of occasion.

Not flexible
    Rigid
    etc

Are ESTJ characteristics which are common to ISTPs under stress.

Are you suggesting that under stress they use the functions they are not used to? (applies to any type)
    While I see your point, I don't think that's -quite- how shadow functions work.. or at least not for me. When I'm stressed, I don't look like an ESTJ. If I'm feeling oppositional/stubborn, I use my 5th function, Te. So I look like an ISTP using a lot of negative Te. When I'm feeling critical, I use my 6th function, Si. So I look like a really mean ISTP using really mean Si. Etc., etc. So I actually am pretty aware of when I'm using my shadow functions. But I use -individual- shadow functions in specific situations, in addition to my commonly used (though probably more negative than usual) functions. I'd only look like an ESTJ if some how used the correct degree of all my shadow functions at once. Which... well... hopefully I never get that stressed.

As for the xNFJ thing... I really couldn't say. I can see INFJ, .... -maybe-. I say that because I feel my Ni is sufficiently more developed than my Fe, and can't ever see that switching around. I agree with what Jock said about this, though. I'd just look like an ISTP with more developed Ni and Fe.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I actually need a lot of help with this. As an ISTP, growing up with more than one auxiliary Fe user in my house did NOT help with my development. My Fe is too strong, but in an overactive way instead of a helpful way. I tend to get really butthurt when people act rude or vindictive toward me, yet I could easily act similarly toward them without feeling at thing. I base too many of my arguments off of emotion. I FEEL too much! I act like an overemotional crazy, but I want to express my anger by punching a hole in the wall instead of crying.

Dear God...someone help me with this...

The only time I tend to act Fe dom like is when a plan/project/job is complete shit and I want others to see it too. For example, I remember this time working at a restaurant, and I quit within a couple of hours. The boss was a prick (more than usual). I had a few friends who were happier there, but I wanted them to quit with me. I channeled ENFJ or something, and got everyone on board.. caused a little insurrection, if you will. Like 6 or 7 of us walked out and he was screwed for the night. And possibly, screwed longterm. The restaurant closed within a year (although I doubt that was really my doing).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Of all of my shadow functions my intuition Ni is the most developed and my feeling Fe is the least developed. My preferences in order of strength are TIPS. I think it is common for ISTP to have a more well developed intuition that any other sensing type. That is why so many ISTPs fall into the trap of typing themselves INTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

This sounds like you're using our 8th function, Fi. I am a complete and total wreck when I'm stressed out/depressed enough to be using a lot of Fi. I feel like my world is caving in.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ISTP can use Fe very well in response to stress, as long as the stress involves other people, particularly people he cares about, as long as he doesn't feel directly angry or agitated for himself. His Fe can really suck, but like if you mess with his mommy or someone he cares about, he'll be there to jump over the fence and beat your ass in about two seconds. Of course that also involves Se. A more particular "NFJ-ish" example would be when he goes into "counselor" mode, and is totally chill while other people are freaking out, and he explains why everyone else should calm down, and what might produce a win-win situation.

I thought he might possibly be an ESTP at first, like just a very reserved one, because of his Fe, but his mother is an ESFJ so he's tapped into it because of that, and it's really not as good as it first appears to be. If he gets his own personal feelings of anger or anxiety involved, his Fe turns to absolute dust, like it doesn't even exist. Instead of being a counselor, he becomes a terse, abrupt jerk.

He's still pretty young, though.

Still, he has concerns, like what his family will think about this or that, he tends to want to keep things private, and I think that might have to do with his inferior Fe, for all of his kind of quiet lone wolf insolence he does actually care what certain people think.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yes. Tom Cruise.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan