User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    XXFP

^where you know them from? Random friends, or a class, or a job, or what?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I've also heard that INFJs are supposedly 1% of the population. I can't see this as true. There are like 6,000,000 INFJs on this site.
    1) A huge amount of INFJs are interested in personality theories
    2) Most of the people here are mistyped ISFJs

... I think.

I'd really like to know more ISTPs, they're awesome!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    ^where you know them from? Random friends, or a class, or a job, or what?
    good friend from school, girlfriend of said istp friend from school (now girlfriend of enfp friend who is no longer friends with good friend from school), past crush of mine, two from job (who good friend of school works at too), other is girl who started working last year. two other friends of mine from high school are ISTPs...although one is a bit of a dick unless you get to know him. We don't really talk very much but I ran into him a few times this semester.

I could probably add to the list but I don't want to think that hard right now

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Very plausible.

... I think.
    Ha Ha!

I'd really like to know more ISTPs, they're awesome!
    Yes, ISTPs are awesome! Don't forget to give their extroverted cousins some credit, they're cool too. <shameless self promotion>
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

3) They aren't as rare and shpecial as they'd like to think

I've met many, many ESTPs. Of course, extroverts tend to be more "visible", but I don't think they are in danger of going extinct. ISTPs are more unusual to come across, but I've met a few of those also, both male and female. There's a certain kind I'd like to encounter more often .

I'd say that of all the SPs, ESFPs seem the most "common" and I come across them all over the place. I know a ton of ISFPs, but being into art/design tends to draw other artsy fartsy types to you.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

haha, nice, Halla.

I want to feel like I'm a part of a rare type, but I dunno. I think that for sure, SJs outnumber SPs, and thus we are more of a rare temperament, but still have many in our number. And alot of us are tough-minded for sure (thinkers). So, I dunno. You have to keep in mind though, Keirsey basically theorizes about how many there are of each type out there, admittedly so. So he could be a little off. I know that his son (DMK) at least doesn't really put that much stock in the KTS results because taking a sorter isn't always that accurate.

I've noticed ESTPs here and there around me. Not all of us are so vivacious that we're "larger-than-life" probably because of the influence of other types and the forcefulness of Pygmalian Projects (which basically means people forcing you to be more like them *coughGuardianscough*). The reason I think they must be ESTPs is because they're very tough-minded, aware of their environment, have a wacky sense of humor and alot of energy and they fit alot of the description. Yes, they do stand out, and people often defer to them, they're usually at the forefront of the minds of others. For instance, "Where is that dude? It's not the same without him around." I know that was said alot about me. Sometimes they're seen as sleazy, though, or way too sneaky, and thus become unpopular.

But those who are true to the ESTP type, who don't let others change them too much, and have alot of character (not just in the sense of morality, but an all-encompassing sense, including having a fresh take on life) really, really stand out and seem to truly encompass what it means to be an ESTP.

Take the characters in my signature, for instance. Those characters stand out in our minds as being truly unique and vivacious and larger than life. That's what it means to be an ESTP, and yes, in that sense we are a rare breed indeed.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Yes, ISTPs are awesome! Don't forget to give their extroverted cousins some credit, they're cool too. <shameless self promotion>
    Most ESTPs are also very decent and enjoyable fellows

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    ESTPs are common, ISTPs are rare... that's what I've heard from whatever statistics I read up, and also seems to hold irl.
    This is what it seems to be in real life for me too. Based on who I've interacted with in my life, it seems that ESTPs are more common than ISTPs. But both are not that common imo.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm not saying that xSTPs are particulary rares, they still more common than the most part of the N types, but that they're the rarest sensors. It could explain in part why S is usually associated with conformism and difficulty with theory, xSTPs are the contrary, but we're the rarest, so...

By the way, males STPs are'nt rares, it's above all females STPs who are. I have a good appreciation for the idea that ISTP is the third most common type among american males, behind xSTJs. Various iconic actors and directors like Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Sylvester Stallone, etc, have built a popular image in the worldwide where the ISTP type is match with a stereotype of the american man. I think ISTPs are more many than ESTPs, we're just more discrets.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan