• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Ask an SP, get a practical answer

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Title says it all! Bring all of your practical problems to us, and we'll surely help you!

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
what wireless service provider should I go with? My sister doesn't know how to handle her money and the plan I was on with her got canceled. I am materialistic and want a cool phone but I don't need too much extra crap (internets, gps, lasers, etc), just a minimum amount of minutes with free N&W, and unlimited texting.

give me pros and cons of each provider if you can, I've done a small amount of research but simply can't be arsed to look through all of their websites and determine what is true and what isn't.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps you should ask /b/ ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually I'll get around to answering for you, because I need to research phones for myself; since I'm getting a new one.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I don't know where you live, but first step is to ask your neighbors what they have. Some places, you don't want the "other" provider. My sister, for instance, lives just 30 minutes outside of a U.S. state capital city, but turns out there's only one company (Alltel) that has decent coverage in her area. Around here, I already know what company to go with (Verizon) because of the advice of friends/neighbors, if I should change from my prepaid cell (Tracfone).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know where you live, but first step is to ask your neighbors what they have. Some places, you don't want the "other" provider. My sister, for instance, lives just 30 minutes outside of a U.S. state capital city, but turns out there's only one company (Alltel) that has decent coverage in her area. Around here, I already know what company to go with (Verizon) because of the advice of friends/neighbors, if I should change from my prepaid cell (Tracfone).

Yeah I'm swapping to Verizon because literally everyone I know has it. Good advice! I've just heard some of the benefits orally, but I want to do some research on my own.

breakfastsurreal

MBTI Type
xNFP
OK here's a question, from a newbie. My husband is an ISTP, and I am xNFP. We are like oil and water, but we love each other. I am constantly trying to love on him but he just won't have it. How can I express my affections to him in a way that he will appreciate it more? Also, if he appreciates me, do you think he will ever try to express love to me the way I want to feel it?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK here's a question, from a newbie. My husband is an ISTP, and I am xNFP. We are like oil and water, but we love each other. I am constantly trying to love on him but he just won't have it. How can I express my affections to him in a way that he will appreciate it more? Also, if he appreciates me, do you think he will ever try to express love to me the way I want to feel it?

There are a TON of ISTP romance threads on this site, have you read up on those?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/24942-me-i-love-you-istp-silence.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/23601-behaviors-good-istp-boyfriends-husbands.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/24158-making-istp-happy.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/24679-istp-scared-love.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...8-enfj-female-w-istp-male-oh-god-help-me.html

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4

The best way I can think of is still to say it as bluntly as possible. Try to think of what you'd say to a psychiatrist or your best friend who you tell secrets to, then instead of telling them, you tell him instead.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Title says it all! Bring all of your practical problems to us, and we'll surely help you!

Forgive me: Does dressing like that help your social life???

Seriously, there is some "ninja training academy" like 10 miles away, and there website talks about how they want to practice and preserve ALL the aspects of the ninja tradition, and there are a bunch of photos of them doing it too [running around in the woods dressed in ninja garb carrying swords around]. You'd think I'd show more leniency since I trained for a number of years in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, including at Stephen K Hayes private school in Kettering Ohio, but no I don't

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

What is important to remember about ISTPs is that they literally don't know what/how they feel. Our feelings are like a lost planet. Many ISTP relationships are really based on practical considerations or choosing whoever first told the ISTP that they liked him or her. That's how out of touch with feeling ISTPs are. They usually don't get in touch with their feelings til age 50 or so.

Not pretty , I know.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
LeafandSky said:

Yeah I'm swapping to Verizon because literally everyone I know has it. Good advice! I've just heard some of the benefits orally, but I want to do some research on my own.

I'll probably end up getting verizon, seems that's what everyone has here too. My brother and his family, my stepdad, everyone. Thing is, I know I'll pay it every month but 60 dollars is a lot more than I was paying to tag along on at&t (10 a month, lol). At that rate I'd actually have to work normal hours! >:|

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My problem is that I need to get my daughter's bathtub drain unstopped by Friday. I tried some liquid plumber- type stuff and it didn't work. I know of a good plumbing co. to call for help, but the last time the guy came by he tried to hit on me, so I don't want to call them again. It would be really nice if you could tell me a way to unstop the drain by myself. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My problem is that I need to get my daughter's bathtub drain unstopped by Friday. I tried some liquid plumber- type stuff and it didn't work. I know of a good plumbing co. to call for help, but the last time the guy came by he tried to hit on me, so I don't want to call them again. It would be really nice if you could tell me a way to unstop the drain by myself. :)

Hmm the last time my bathtub got stopped up I put some hot water in the tub (like, very hot) from another source (if I used the tub it would have filled up) and I let it sit there for a few minutes. Then I used the plunger on the drain. It wasn't really that clogged up though, so it worked.

If that doesn't work, get some Draino or something.

Ha, I googled the issue and here is the site that I used that told me how to unclog it myself the time it happened to me! Unclogging a Drain | DoItYourself.com

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP

To add to what BlackCat wrote, I'm wondering how long you let the "liquid plumber-type stuff" work. The bottle I currently have says to: let it work for 15 minutes (or in cases of standing water, until the drain is clear, but I've never been in a "standing water" situation, and hope you aren't!), then flush with hot water, and repeat if it doesn't work.

In my experience, 15 minutes just isn't long enough, maybe they WANT you to have to use up the whole bottle. :) I use 1/2 bottle like it says, but I let it work for 3 hours. Nothing bad has ever happened to my pipes, knock on wood, and I've even forgotten and let the stuff sit overnight once.

Good luck!

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm the last time my bathtub got stopped up I put some hot water in the tub (like, very hot) from another source (if I used the tub it would have filled up) and I let it sit there for a few minutes. Then I used the plunger on the drain. It wasn't really that clogged up though, so it worked.

If that doesn't work, get some Draino or something.

Ha, I googled the issue and here is the site that I used that told me how to unclog it myself the time it happened to me! Unclogging a Drain | DoItYourself.com

Thanks! I'll try your suggestions. :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Heinel - The best way I can think of is still to say it as bluntly as possible. Try to think of what you'd say to a psychiatrist or your best friend who you tell secrets to, then instead of telling them, you tell him instead.

Good advice.

What is important to remember about ISTPs is that they literally don't know what/how they feel. Our feelings are like a lost planet. Many ISTP relationships are really based on practical considerations or choosing whoever first told the ISTP that they liked him or her. That's how out of touch with feeling ISTPs are. They usually don't get in touch with their feelings til age 50 or so.

Not pretty , I know.

There's another way for ISTP's to get in touch with their emotions. It takes being hit in the face with unwavering and expansive emotional roadblocks coupled with three years of intensive therapy.

Worked for me. :laugh:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
To add to what BlackCat wrote, I'm wondering how long you let the "liquid plumber-type stuff" work. The bottle I currently have says to: let it work for 15 minutes (or in cases of standing water, until the drain is clear, but I've never been in a "standing water" situation, and hope you aren't!), then flush with hot water, and repeat if it doesn't work.

In my experience, 15 minutes just isn't long enough, maybe they WANT you to have to use up the whole bottle. :) I use 1/2 bottle like it says, but I let it work for 3 hours. Nothing bad has ever happened to my pipes, knock on wood, and I've even forgotten and let the stuff sit overnight once.

Good luck!

I let it sit for about 30 minutes. I'm not sure if I remembered the "rinse with hot water afterwards" part, though. :doh:

I like your avatar, btw. :)

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Should I show up in costume to school tommorow?

I missed the "dress up as a holiday character" day because I was sickly.