User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lazydaisy View Post
    this one's for isfps

how important is appearance to you for someone you are attracted to? i'm just curious because i've read that isfps have a strong aesthetic appreciation...
    Pretty important.

For me, you don't have to be outstanding or anything. But you do have to be somewhat attractive.

And character is important, too.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lazydaisy View Post
    this one's for isfps

how important is appearance to you for someone you are attracted to? i'm just curious because i've read that isfps have a strong aesthetic appreciation...
    Well for myself, I like a guy who's easy on the eyes in the sense that he has a nice style and is groomed. By all means, don't out stage me in appearance
    But I've found myself attracted to guys who don't dress in a way that I may [very outgoing clothing, bright, in your face].
    Idk, I'm really just a hair kind of girl. If thats nice then I'm good to go
    Personality goes a long way for myself though. You may be attractive but I don't ever jump someone just because they're 'attractive'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Good looks aren't as important to me as other aesthetic considerations... um... smell... guys who smoke smell like cigarettes, even when they're not smoking... people who eat lots and lots of garlic...
    I like men who look good, dress somewhat decently with clothes that fit, and do not smell bad.
    But the thing that really attracts me is sound above sight. If the man has a beautiful singing or speaking voice... especially singing... that's it...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Good looks aren't as important to me as other aesthetic considerations... um... smell... guys who smoke smell like cigarettes, even when they're not smoking... people who eat lots and lots of garlic...
    I like men who look good, dress somewhat decently with clothes that fit, and do not smell bad.
    But the thing that really attracts me is sound above sight. If the man has a beautiful singing or speaking voice... especially singing... that's it...
    I like a guy with a deep voice, especially over the phone. Talk to me baby!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I like a guy with a deep voice, especially over the phone. Talk to me baby!

Oh yes, voice! A great voice will make my knee's weak.
    ...Now I'm starting to be a bit sad I'm single and don't have a guy with an awesome voice to speak sweet nothings in my ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Dear Abby - aherm, I mean Dear SPs,

I know this isn't related to a practical issue, but it's related to an SP issue, so maybe you could give me a practical solution to this?

Okay, here it is: How can you tell that an SP likes you, i.e. thinks of you as a really, really good friend? I have a hard time reading you guys sometimes, especially ESFPs. I have an ESFP friend who considers me to be her best friend, and I had no idea until she told me, partially because she doesn't really open up to me, and partially because I'm just bad at reading people's emotional cues . Same with the ISFP I'm friends with (i.e. the opening-up thing, not the best-friend thing. THAT would be a weird coincidence). Are there cues or something?

- Emotion-reading Errorist ESTJ
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I know this isn't related to a practical issue, but it's related to an SP issue, so maybe you could give me a practical solution to this?

Okay, here it is: How can you tell that an SP likes you, i.e. thinks of you as a really, really good friend? I have a hard time reading you guys sometimes, especially ESFPs. I have an ESFP friend who considers me to be her best friend, and I had no idea until she told me, partially because she doesn't really open up to me, and partially because I'm just bad at reading people's emotional cues . Same with the ISFP I'm friends with (i.e. the opening-up thing, not the best-friend thing. THAT would be a weird coincidence). Are there cues or something?

Well, I myself am not very vocal about my affections. I'm not going to come out and say, "You're my best friend!" unless the situation calls for it (which is usually not too often). For those I truly care about, the signs of my affection are usually very small and specific. The way I talk to you, whether you are male or female, will be a bit more involved if I genuinely care about you. After all, if I like you as a friend, your interests and your stories will matter a lot to me. If you detect that I am interested in what you have to say, then answer my questions! Give me details about what happened; I want you to take me to the very scene you are describing in your story.

If I am very, very close to you and think of you as a best friend, I will usually put you above everyone else on the priority list. As an introvert, I usually have no problem being alone for two or three days. Sometimes I'll get calls from people I really like as friends, but I'm just not in the mood to hang out with their "type." It's nothing personal, I'd just rather not hang out with certain people at certain times (for example, a boisterous extrovert when I'd rather be playing video games). If you have an introvert friend who is willing to hang out with you on a daily basis and you have figured out that he or she puts you first, I guarantee there's some connection there.

If you are looking to connect with an ISFP and encourage him or her to "open up," try talking real and honest with the person. Bring up some topic of discussion that will interest the ISFP. Remember, introverted F is the primary function of such a person, so the chances are good that the person has a deep well of emotions buried inside.

As for SPs in general, remember that some of them get bored easily. If an SP person spends a lot of time with you no matter what is going on, you've got a friend.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    As for SPs in general, remember that some of them get bored easily. If an SP person spends a lot of time with you no matter what is going on, you've got a friend.

It definitely depends upon the SP and the above quote is pretty accurate. I have an ESFP best friend. I was surprised when she told me the same thing. I don't take it too seriously. ESFP is all over the place socially. I took it to mean that ESFP feels comfortable confiding in me about things she doesn't talk to others about. That's pretty cool though.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, here it is: How can you tell that an SP likes you, i.e. thinks of you as a really, really good friend? I have a hard time reading you guys sometimes, especially ESFPs.
    That's weird to me, because I feel like we're the most straightforward types. But if you don't know, then just ask. At least that works with me. I never have a problem answering questions about anything.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That's weird to me, because I feel like we're the most straightforward types. But if you don't know, then just ask. At least that works with me. I never have a problem answering questions about anything.
    We are quite straightforward. But I, personally (at least as an introvert) don't usually talk about my affection, I act on it.