User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 80

  1. #31
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Let's say, hypothetically, a non-SP regularly went to a bookstore to read, and a devastatingly cute blond works at that bookstore. Suppose this non-SP doesn't think the fact that someone is outwardly well-formed constitutes a good reason to initiate an interpersonal interaction. Suppose time passes, and now the non-SP is on a first name basis with several of the employees and cordial relations with the rest, but nary a word passes between the ~SP and the blond; suppose further that a game of "I'm not paying attention to you" has developed between our ~SP and the blond, and this fact agitates the ~SP.

    Question: should the ~SP speak to the blond, continue the game, find a new study spot, or what?
    Yeah. Say hello.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #32
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Let's say, hypothetically, a non-SP regularly went to a bookstore to read, and a devastatingly cute blond works at that bookstore. Suppose this non-SP doesn't think the fact that someone is outwardly well-formed constitutes a good reason to initiate an interpersonal interaction. Suppose time passes, and now the non-SP is on a first name basis with several of the employees and cordial relations with the rest, but nary a word passes between the ~SP and the blond; suppose further that a game of "I'm not paying attention to you" has developed between our ~SP and the blond, and this fact agitates the ~SP.

    Question: should the ~SP speak to the blond, continue the game, find a new study spot, or what?
    I have an idea. Wait until she's the only one at the front and then walk up, acting slightly put off and ask her if they have a certain romantic book (or better yet, a book with a subject she loves) in stock. She can look it up on the database and if they don't have it you can order it. While you're ordering it, (or while she's taking you to the book if they have it) you can start BSing and shooting the breeze with her, relating all kinds of funny anecdotes about what's happened to you and laughing. Before you know it you've broken the ice and disarmed her.

    At the end you can tell her she's very helpful, thank you, and look her in the eyes and smile. If it feels right at the moment, you can ask her out, or maybe you can just let that whole event have its effect for next time when you DO.

    It doesn't take much, it just takes being yourself and being human. So many guys trip over themselves trying to be impressive that it's a huge turn-off. Yeah girls like intriguing or exciting aspects of a guy but what they really want is someone solid. The girls who just want the hype aren't really worth it.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  3. #33
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I have an idea. Wait until she's the only one at the front and then walk up, acting slightly put off and ask her if they have a certain romantic book (or better yet, a book with a subject she loves) in stock. She can look it up on the database and if they don't have it you can order it. While you're ordering it, (or while she's taking you to the book if they have it) you can start BSing and shooting the breeze with her, relating all kinds of funny anecdotes about what's happened to you and laughing. Before you know it you've broken the ice and disarmed her.

    At the end you can tell her she's very helpful, thank you, and look her in the eyes and smile. If it feels right at the moment, you can ask her out, or maybe you can just let that whole event have its effect for next time when you DO.

    It doesn't take much, it just takes being yourself and being human. So many guys trip over themselves trying to be impressive that it's a huge turn-off. Yeah girls like intriguing or exciting aspects of a guy but what they really want is someone solid. The girls who just want the hype aren't really worth it.
    I believe you're giving away ESTP trade secrets here. :eek:
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #34
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I believe you're giving away ESTP trade secrets here. :eek:
    It's all for a good cause, homes.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  5. #35
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Let's say, hypothetically, a non-SP regularly went to a bookstore to read, and a devastatingly cute blond works at that bookstore. Suppose this non-SP doesn't think the fact that someone is outwardly well-formed constitutes a good reason to initiate an interpersonal interaction. Suppose time passes, and now the non-SP is on a first name basis with several of the employees and cordial relations with the rest, but nary a word passes between the ~SP and the blond; suppose further that a game of "I'm not paying attention to you" has developed between our ~SP and the blond, and this fact agitates the ~SP.

    Question: should the ~SP speak to the blond, continue the game, find a new study spot, or what?
    Boy, guys are sure confusing. Clearly her "well-formed"-ness is enough for you to be thinking/ concocting this whole backwards-ness-> aka, it's a good enough reason to approach her! Talking to strangers is not a crime. Everyone's a stranger at some point. Just don't be creepy. (See above "sussing-out" can be creepy.)

    P.S. Girls generally know you've been eyeing them.

  6. #36
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    Are SFPs practical? My initial thought was that Fi is too 'spacey', for lack of a better word, but I realize that Se is eminently practical. And now I realize that I misread 'practical' for logical/rational, not to say that practical is illogical. Anyways.
    True.

    ISFPs are practical. Which is not so apparent from their 'Hello world, I am lost' like appearance.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Yes, and it's annoying because it's hard to joke around with them sometimes..and they just have to punch you with their iron fist of practicality and you're kind of left on a cliff.

    Ok, maybe it's just hard for me to joke around with them, because my sense of humor doesn't always involve burning or blowing up things..and they don't always catch my drift.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  8. #38
    Senior Member Chunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    367

    Default

    What is your best advice to someone who has absolutely no sense of logistics or technical capability whatsoever. And when I say technical, don't get me wrong; I'm talking about pretty much everything that could physically go wrong. It seems like everything I touch with the intent of fixing just ends up worse than if I had left it alone.

    And the weird thing is, it isn't getting any better with time and experience..
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

  9. #39
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    This should probably go without saying, but I have many NF relatives and friends, so I say this from a place of love: Read the instructions/manual. Beforehand.

    And start small. Small victories are much better at building confidence/skill than large failures. Don't be so hard on yourself.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I have an idea. Wait until she's the only one at the front and then walk up ... you can start BSing and shooting the breeze with her, relating all kinds of funny anecdotes about what's happened to you and laughing. Before you know it you've broken the ice and disarmed her.
    If I could do the BSing and story telling, I'd be golden.

    That's where I trip up - but it seems so stilted to try and remember beforehand "hey, this would make a good story, I should tell people about it later." I tend to just start talking about the stuff right there. For better or worse.

    Or I'd fail to approach. That's the real problem. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, eh? I'm too reliant on what just randomly falls into my lap (figuratively...) and that is ok but not as good as it could be.

    I've been kicking myself for fail to approach lately. Lots of cute girls on the metro, sitting right across from or near me, while I'm out with my BMX bike (ideal convo tool, cause it's something I love + admittedly flashy bright color). I usually keep myself occupied on the metro when I have my bike by just pulling out my multitool and start wrenching, checking to make sure everything is tight (it's better than staring into space).

    Damn, I'm too shy. I mean I know, know that that one girl, (cute kinda hipster chick) moved from end of the car to mine and sat down right across from me and smiled, and I just smiled and looked away. Fish in barrel material.





    I suppose I could turn this into a question about approaching people, but I really just need to stop being a giant...kitty cat...and start a conversation for once.

    /rant
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Similar Threads

  1. Ask an ISFP, get a simple answer.
    By wolfy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 08:47 PM
  2. Ask an ENFP, get a flirty answer
    By Amargith in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
  3. Ask an ENTP get a nasty answer
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  4. Ask an INTJ... get the RIGHT answer
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO