User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Are SFPs practical? My initial thought was that Fi is too 'spacey', for lack of a better word, but I realize that Se is eminently practical. And now I realize that I misread 'practical' for logical/rational, not to say that practical is illogical. Anyways.

Now I will try and be relevant.
    1. (raw) Should I race in the local race series this winter (mountain bikes, downhill racing)? Racing means I get to pay race fees, as well as deal with logistics (spending the weekend camping and drinking shitty beer versus staying at home and riding locally + drinking nicer beer).

or

(refined) Do I be a hermit and sit at home and be a good student, putting race fees towards shiny new bike parts that I WILL need at some point and spending time with old + good friends?

2. (raw) Should I take a photography class next semester (versus some simpler sociology or philosophy class)? Photo is really interesting + fun but very time consuming and can REALLY space me out, at a time when I will be struggling with multivariable calculus and physics.

or

(refined) take cinema 100, or some other and more normal class that will not require me to spend several hours a week waiting around for silver halide crystals to tell me how well my perceptions and judgments have worked out. Write papers instead of create portfolios.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    1. (raw) Should I race in the local race series this winter (mountain bikes, downhill racing)? Racing means I get to pay race fees, as well as deal with logistics (spending the weekend camping and drinking shitty beer versus staying at home and riding locally + drinking nicer beer).

or

(refined) Do I be a hermit and sit at home and be a good student, putting race fees towards shiny new bike parts that I WILL need at some point and spending time with old + good friends?
    Adventure > Practicality

Sorry, SFPs... or whomever

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    Are SFPs practical? My initial thought was that Fi is too 'spacey', for lack of a better word, but I realize that Se is eminently practical. And now I realize that I misread 'practical' for logical/rational, not to say that practical is illogical. Anyways.

or

2. (raw) Should I take a photography class next semester (versus some simpler sociology or philosophy class)? Photo is really interesting + fun but very time consuming and can REALLY space me out, at a time when I will be struggling with multivariable calculus and physics.

or

(refined) take cinema 100, or some other and more normal class that will not require me to spend several hours a week waiting around for silver halide crystals to tell me how well my perceptions and judgments have worked out. Write papers instead of create portfolios.
    Balance.
    Race (raw) but take cinema 100 (refined).

Rationale:

1) Racing because it'll make you a better rider. Competition always pushes a person past their limits and brings the best out of them. 2) Either way, you're drinking beer. No loss there. 3) Memories with friends camping will always be great to look back on. 4) Needing bike parts is inevitable.

Taking Photography might be interesting but it also would endanger your concentration with calculus and physics and be a distraction. Take it when you have an easier class load.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    Should I show up in costume to school tommorow?

I missed the "dress up as a holiday character" day because I was sickly.
    'Should' you still participate? If it counts toward any grade, at least bring the costume with you. Otherwise . . the party's over and you missed it. These things happen.

'Could' you still participate (s-t-r-e-t-c-h the party out a bit and have some fun)? Depends on the tone of your school and the sense of humor of teachers/administration.

How about: Wear the hat, or some small part, pack the rest of the costume in a bag of some kind, and test the waters. If it feels right, put the whole thing on while at school.

At your service.

(BlackCat, this is tons of fun.)

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    It takes being hit in the face with unwavering and expansive emotional roadblocks
    Lucky you, that's quite the gem.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    Should I show up in costume to school tommorow?

I missed the "dress up as a holiday character" day because I was sickly.
    Yes. I always advocate dressing up. I vote for dressing up as Dasher or Blitzen. They seem like the cool ones of the bunch.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Yes. I always advocate dressing up. I vote for dressing up as Dasher or Blitzen. They seem like the cool ones of the bunch.
    I CANT BELIEVE YOU DISSED VIXEN LIKE THAT
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Comet: "Talk to the hoof!"

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I don't need an answer to anything but I sometimes wonder if certain people here don't think i really understand their posts. Quick answer to my own question - theoretically I don't. Of course this is a little problem to which a solution seems impossible to find in most instances. In my own mind, I feel as if "friends" should make it a little bit easier... oh well.

MBTI
    INTP

Let's say, hypothetically, a non-SP regularly went to a bookstore to read, and a devastatingly cute blond works at that bookstore. Suppose this non-SP doesn't think the fact that someone is outwardly well-formed constitutes a good reason to initiate an interpersonal interaction. Suppose time passes, and now the non-SP is on a first name basis with several of the employees and cordial relations with the rest, but nary a word passes between the ~SP and the blond; suppose further that a game of "I'm not paying attention to you" has developed between our ~SP and the blond, and this fact agitates the ~SP.

Question: should the ~SP speak to the blond, continue the game, find a new study spot, or what?