• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP on ISFP (23m 52s)

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Who gives a shit?

Satan's a pissed off motherfucker: Not a T.

Jesus is a holy pacifist, I know ISTPs that like to "shake things up."

Jim from the office: ENTP.
Heath Ledger's joker: ISTP.
Jeff Winger from Community: ESTP.
Dexter from... Dexter: INTP.

THERE, FUCK. I have television and movie references, your argument is invalid.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Satan's cold and calculated. What he objects to is human emotion because it is so imperfect. He's pure T.

Jesus shook everything up, including the money-changer's table in the Temple. That's why they killed him. ISTPs like to shake things up so they can fix em, not for the pleasure of it.

If you want to be effective, argue from the evidence.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
We've left ISTP land. Happily, it' s time for lunch.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Satan's cold and calculated. What he objects to is human emotion because it is so imperfect. He's pure T.

If you want to be effective, argue from the evidence.

How exactly are you arguing from evidence here? Satan's in rike 2% of the Bible, mainly Zacharia and Job. Sin is more frequently mentioned. Still, asserting that he's a T is just as ridiculous as asserting he's an F (Don't quote my last post :tongue:). Ts may see F as a flaw, but not understand it; Fs may understand emotion and utilize it.

Jesus shook everything up, including the money-changer's table in the Temple. That's why they killed him. ISTPs like to shake things up so they can fix em, not for the pleasure of it.

I'll be more specific: I know more than one ISTP that starts fights. An ISTP would more likely be executed for shaking things up physically (as seen in your money-changer's table example- also, IRCC this is the only documented example of Jesus using physical force to prove his point). INFJs would be/were (in the examples of Gandhi and MLK) killed for questioning beliefs. Huge difference.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm still pretty certain Gandhi was an INFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wait . . . isnt the ENTP dual the mbti ISFJ?

ISTPs might be my soul buddies

You don't switch J/P for socionics to get types. Duals are just shared p or j.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
How exactly are you arguing from evidence here? Satan's in rike 2% of the Bible, mainly Zacharia and Job. Sin is more frequently mentioned. Still, asserting that he's a T is just as ridiculous as asserting he's an F (Don't quote my last post :tongue:). Ts may see F as a flaw, but not understand it; Fs may understand emotion and utilize it.

I'll be more specific: I know more than one ISTP that starts fights. An ISTP would more likely be executed for shaking things up physically (as seen in your money-changer's table example- also, IRCC this is the only documented example of Jesus using physical force to prove his point). INFJs would be/were (in the examples of Gandhi and MLK) killed for questioning beliefs. Huge difference.

Satan: It really does depend upon which Satan we are talking about. I am referencing the one defined by traditional Christianity, and more specifically Catholicism. Type will vary by religion and sect.

Jesus Christ: I've given several examples from the New Testament texts that show a pattern of behavior consistent with ISTP type. You have provided none. For all I*know your friends are mis-typed..a weak proof. But even if they were ISTP, this too proves little since there are many variations of ISTP.
Nor is Gandhi a proof for JC's type. People are killed for all sorts of reasons. My argument was against your Hollywood-ish version of Jesus as wimpy pacifist. He shook the foundation of a major religion, inspired a new one, and influenced all of history.

The question is: what pattern of behavior etc from the New Testament texts is consistent with any other type?

Note: I do not believe in Satan or in the divinity of Jesus Christ...but I do believe in backing up conclusions about literary or historical figures with relevant source material.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Note: I do not believe in Satan or in the divinity of Jesus Christ...but I do believe in backing up conclusions about literary or historical figures with relevant source material.

Which is totally weak compared to my FA-32 carbine that literally shoots facts at people.

The discussion was nice, but I think you're making assumptions of my image about Jesus. I was raised a Christian for 16 years, and I've read the Bible at least three times over; I feel I've always had a pretty clear view to who Jesus was. If you're looking for a conversation based purely on grounded information, I'm not the person to talk to. Sorry.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
So I think we can all agree that Jesus was an ISFP and all ISFPs are the chosen ones.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
So I think we can all agree that Jesus was an ISFP and all ISFPs are the chosen ones.

So back to the subject, do ENTPs get first dibs on the chosen ones? And will you all turn my water into delicious lemonade? :popc1: