• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What are some great presents you've gotten?

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Since gift-giving season is here, I wanna know. And what kinda gifts have you given that were very appreciated?

:thinking: :blush:

I'm getting my SO a theremin kit :)ninja: hope he's not a lurker here) this year, but want to plan ahead! :wubbie:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money, a pocket knife, and pretty much anything that I was specifically asking for.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Well, the most useful thing I've ever received that I still use to this day would be my luggage set. Beyond that I'm not too sure, I really don't get into the gift-giving/receiving spirit.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My little niece of 3 years old loves blowing bubbles. So, I got her a hello kitty watch that blows bubbles, so she can always take her bubbles with. Cost like 2 euro as well :D

My SO and I were together for 10 years this year, so I got him that I-phone he's been whining about for a year, and didn't get coz he was being all responsible and saving up for us to buy some much needed furniture. I also recorded several files of my voice (reading an erotic story, singing, tantra exercises, etc) into the phone, as he regularly goes abroad and misses my voice, he says :blush:

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Almost all...ISTPs are so observant we know what someone wants/needs before they do. We'll remember something that was casually said (even years ago) and one day it will show up as a gift.

EXCEPTION: ISFJs....they never feel worthy of anything they are given.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is memory an SP thing? I hate it! I remember crap no one else remembers from decades ago.

I want to go senile just like everybody else. :shock:

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ugh. 'Gift-giving'. Birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, fuuuuuuuuuuck. I would elaborate, but it's not really relevant.

Money is always a welcome gift. Most of the things I want cost a non-trivial sum of money, and I'd rather get them myself (most people wouldn't know where to get the stuff I typically want). Aside from that, if there's something I specifically ask for, go for it. Otherwise, I don't really care. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't need people to get me things for me to feel loved :|

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Is memory an SP thing? I hate it! I remember crap no one else remembers from decades ago.

My ISTP SO can't remember the names of anybody or anything for the life of him, but oh yes he can remember the tiniest physical details and has a great memory for all the places he's been. My ISFP girlfriend also has an amazing recollection of concrete details. I'm quite jealous of it, as I'm sure it comes in handy. I have a knack for distilling things to its essence, but it makes me sound so vague... :p

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I gave my ISFP fiance this for completing one of his milestones and he almost died!

I most appreciate "quality time" gifts, so for my Christmas gift I asked that we could just do a romantic dinner/movie on New Year's Eve.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

Elephants have nothing on us. But we remember faces, not names. How to get somewhere, not street names. What happened in history but not dates.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Ugh. 'Gift-giving'. Birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, fuuuuuuuuuuck. I would elaborate, but it's not really relevant.

Money is always a welcome gift. Most of the things I want cost a non-trivial sum of money, and I'd rather get them myself (most people wouldn't know where to get the stuff I typically want). Aside from that, if there's something I specifically ask for, go for it. Otherwise, I don't really care. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't need people to get me things for me to feel loved :|

LOL> Too true. ISTPs never get what they want/need...they either bought it themselves a year ago or the giver hasn't a clue what an ISTP wants at all...and it's no good asking either.

Best for ISTP: carton/case of their favorite food/candy/beverage. Or gift certificate (preferably to local music/food/hardware store). Cash is a bit crass. Unless they are under 25. 30 maybe.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm... In school I could never remember the author of a book, or the main character names. But I could recall the story in vivid detail...

If I see a face outside of the context I'm used to seeing it in I can't place the name.

But have gotten quite good at remembering names using a mind trick.

When I meet someone new I think of something absurd I can picture to associate the name with a face.

So there are people walking around called Jaba, Princess Leiha, Marshmellow, etc. :)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
LOL> Too true. ISTPs never get what they want/need...they either bought it themselves a year ago or the giver hasn't a clue what an ISTP wants at all...and it's no good asking either.

Best for ISTP: carton/case of their favorite food/candy/beverage. Or gift certificate (preferably to local music/food/hardware store). Cash is a bit crass. Unless they are under 25. 30 maybe.

Definitely! I usually get something I want and my parents or sister pay me back as a present. :D My mom's lifelong complaint about me is that I never want anything for my birthday or xmas and she never knows what to get for me. My dad is a little better at picking things out (like computer-y stuff). My sister is usually thoughtful and picks out a tshirt I'll prolly wear, or makes something like a scarf I can use (which I do).

My favorite random gift of kindness (usually from a person I'm dating) is definitely food...or a cool trip/outing (that probably involves food, and it doesn't have to be anything extravagant, it could be a random walk in a park, or going to a new show, exhibit, whatever).

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
:thinking: Well that explains the ISTP bf constantly plying me with food... and food... and more food... I find S's especially gravitate around food. :D

How do you guys feel about bacon? Or is that just a guy thing?

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I make bacon brownies. Bacon is very big in the South...man or woman.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
:thinking: Well that explains the ISTP bf constantly plying me with food... and food... and more food... I find S's especially gravitate around food. :D

IT IS NOT JUST A GUY THING! I LOVE BACON! :ohmy: Ahem. Please pardon my outburst. Bacon is an amazing thing and if I were queen of the world, everyone would have bacon all of the time. :)

I had some chocolate covered bacon at a halloween party this year...and it was so. freaking. good. :drool:

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
There needs to be a separate thread on bacon it looks like. ;)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You know those animals that will eat themselves to death if they have a never ending food supply?

This is how I would be with bacon.

It's truly a lasting love affair. :wubbie:

I'm in the South as well but never tried this. Recipe please. :D

As far as the OP I agree with what everyone else has said. I'll add that one of my best "presents" was from my ISTJ ex.

For about a month, he did all my laundry, ironed my clothes (even my jeans!) :happy2: and folded them neatly away for me. I never looked so good.