User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation View Post
    Ugh. 'Gift-giving'. Birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, fuuuuuuuuuuck. I would elaborate, but it's not really relevant.

Money is always a welcome gift. Most of the things I want cost a non-trivial sum of money, and I'd rather get them myself (most people wouldn't know where to get the stuff I typically want). Aside from that, if there's something I specifically ask for, go for it. Otherwise, I don't really care. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't need people to get me things for me to feel loved :|
    LOL> Too true. ISTPs never get what they want/need...they either bought it themselves a year ago or the giver hasn't a clue what an ISTP wants at all...and it's no good asking either.

Best for ISTP: carton/case of their favorite food/candy/beverage. Or gift certificate (preferably to local music/food/hardware store). Cash is a bit crass. Unless they are under 25. 30 maybe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm... In school I could never remember the author of a book, or the main character names. But I could recall the story in vivid detail...

If I see a face outside of the context I'm used to seeing it in I can't place the name.

But have gotten quite good at remembering names using a mind trick.

When I meet someone new I think of something absurd I can picture to associate the name with a face.

So there are people walking around called Jaba, Princess Leiha, Marshmellow, etc.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    LOL> Too true. ISTPs never get what they want/need...they either bought it themselves a year ago or the giver hasn't a clue what an ISTP wants at all...and it's no good asking either.

Best for ISTP: carton/case of their favorite food/candy/beverage. Or gift certificate (preferably to local music/food/hardware store). Cash is a bit crass. Unless they are under 25. 30 maybe.
    Definitely! I usually get something I want and my parents or sister pay me back as a present. My mom's lifelong complaint about me is that I never want anything for my birthday or xmas and she never knows what to get for me. My dad is a little better at picking things out (like computer-y stuff). My sister is usually thoughtful and picks out a tshirt I'll prolly wear, or makes something like a scarf I can use (which I do).

My favorite random gift of kindness (usually from a person I'm dating) is definitely food...or a cool trip/outing (that probably involves food, and it doesn't have to be anything extravagant, it could be a random walk in a park, or going to a new show, exhibit, whatever).
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well that explains the ISTP bf constantly plying me with food... and food... and more food... I find S's especially gravitate around food.

How do you guys feel about bacon? Or is that just a guy thing?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I make bacon brownies. Bacon is very big in the South...man or woman.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Well that explains the ISTP bf constantly plying me with food... and food... and more food... I find S's especially gravitate around food.

IT IS NOT JUST A GUY THING! I LOVE BACON! Ahem. Please pardon my outburst. Bacon is an amazing thing and if I were queen of the world, everyone would have bacon all of the time.

I had some chocolate covered bacon at a halloween party this year...and it was so. freaking. good.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

There needs to be a separate thread on bacon it looks like.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yum
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTP

There needs to be a separate thread on bacon it looks like.
    I think it needs a whole forum
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

You know those animals that will eat themselves to death if they have a never ending food supply?

This is how I would be with bacon.

It's truly a lasting love affair.

I'm in the South as well but never tried this. Recipe please.

As far as the OP I agree with what everyone else has said. I'll add that one of my best "presents" was from my ISTJ ex.

For about a month, he did all my laundry, ironed my clothes (even my jeans!) and folded them neatly away for me. I never looked so good.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance