User Tag List

First 234

brainheart

Do you guys think this need to get out, be doing something physical is a need exclusive to SPs or something that is more universal?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Do you guys think this need to get out, be doing something physical is a need exclusive to SPs or something that is more universal?
    I think some of that is kinda type-related. I *do* things with people. I don't usually sit and chit chat with them.

However, I think it's probably helpful for most people to just get out and move on with the help from friends or diving into a hobby. It's not like I share all of my feelings with these friends when I feel this way. They're really a good distraction that helps me move on. At some point I'll probably bring it up, but it's not my gut reaction to gush feelings as soon as I see them. It depends on 2 main things. 1) Do they seem like they want to talk about it? I have a lot of T friends who probably wouldn't mind listening, but they rarely have any words of comfort for me. I know they care for my well-being, but I also know they are just as uncomfortable as I am talking about feelings. 2) Will I start crying as soon as the topic comes up? If yes, don't talk. Crying is one of those things I just can't do in front of people. I think it's a self-perpetuated thing. I never used to cry about much when I was young, so no one expects it. If I cry, people kinda freak out a little. And I feel completely weak and vulnerable and generally awful when I do it.

Anyway...do stuff. It's good, mkay?
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Well, I think the need to get out and to be doing something physical is a universal impulse. It's all a matter of degree. SPs relate to the world primarily through their 5 senses and are open-ended in that relationship. For them, to be physically active is like scratching a very big itch.

Which is why SPs are at a great disadvantage in our passive education system, being forced as they are to sit at a desk. It's an artificial system which instills self-doubt into the SP.

No surprise that SPs thrive and come into their own much later in life, unconstrained by passive learning...if they are lucky and have the wherewithal to pursue paths more amenable to their type.

MBTI
    ?

Neither. I think a lot of non-SPs feel energized by getting out, doing something active, etc... But I don't think it's entirely universal either. Some people, regardless of type, probably don't need it as much as others.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

yeh, some probably more than others...sort of like breeds of dog.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Well, I think the need to get out and to be doing something physical is a universal impulse. It's all a matter of degree. SPs relate to the world primarily through their 5 senses and are open-ended in that relationship. For them, to be physically active is like scratching a very big itch.

Which is why SPs are at a great disadvantage in our passive education system, being forced as they are to sit at a desk. It's an artificial system which instills self-doubt into the SP.

No surprise that SPs thrive and come into their own much later in life, unconstrained by passive learning...if they are lucky and have the wherewithal to pursue paths more amenable to their type.
    Excellent point.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I stay home, watch TV, and eat tons of icecrream. I don't want to talk to anyone, just chill.

MBTI
    IsTP

If I'm like.. angry and bummed out I typically do something active, I'll clean or organize things. If I'm just sort of bummed/emotionally depleted/etc I tend to zone out a lot, really spacy and hard to reach.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    If I'm like.. angry and bummed out I typically do something active, I'll clean or organize things. If I'm just sort of bummed/emotionally depleted/etc I tend to zone out a lot, really spacy and hard to reach.
    This.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.