• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?

B

brainheart

It's getting to the point that I'm not sure I can be on here any longer, the ignorance about what it means to be an SP (or SJ) vs NT and NF is beginning to make me see red.

Anyone else feel like that?

I mean seriously, it's driving me f'in nuts.

Improviser from Best fit:

The core needs are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. People of this temperament highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. They tend toward pragmatic, utilitarian actions with a focus on technique. They trust their impulses and have a drive to action. They learn best experientially and when they see the relevance of what they are learning to what they are doing. They enjoy hands-on, applied learning with a fast pace and freedom to explore.

Does it say anywhere on here that we can't understand abstract ideas or metaphors, or employ them, for that matter? No, it says we 'tend' toward pragmatic actions, we learn 'best' experientially.

Keirsey:

Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business.
Artisans are most at home in the real world of solid objects that can be made and manipulated, and of real-life events that can be experienced in the here and now. Artisans have exceptionally keen senses, and love working with their hands. They seem right at home with tools, instruments, and vehicles of all kinds, and their actions are usually aimed at getting them where they want to go, and as quickly as possible. Thus Artisans will strike off boldly down roads that others might consider risky or impossible, doing whatever it takes, rules or no rules, to accomplish their goals. This devil-may-care attitude also gives the Artisans a winning way with people, and they are often irresistibly charming with family, friends, and co-workers.

Artisans want to be where the action is; they seek out adventure and show a constant hunger for pleasure and stimulation. They believe that variety is the spice of life, and that doing things that aren't fun or exciting is a waste of time. Artisans are impulsive, adaptable, competitive, and believe the next throw of the dice will be the lucky one. They can also be generous to a fault, always ready to share with their friends from the bounty of life. Above all, Artisans need to be free to do what they wish, when they wish. They resist being tied or bound or confined or obligated; they would rather not wait, or save, or store, or live for tomorrow. In the Artisan view, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow never comes.

I don't see anything here that says we are incapable of new ideas, or creating something new based on a collaboration of the multitude of things we've experienced, read, seen, do you? I don't see anything that says we see pretty and shiny, therefore, paint pretty and shiny...

:steam: :steam: :steam:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is "Sensor" prejudice in some here,

Some have made extremely derogatory remarks about ESTPs,

I have yet to pick up on a trend of "SP" prejudice,

But I also don't see the virtues of artisans extolled near like the rationals or idyllics are in comparison, but there are some "Pro SP" threads laying around.

The bottom line is this. Lead by example. :yes:

Disagree with false prophecy and show the better way.
The truth is in the pudding...preferably pistachio!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I understand what you're talking about here.
I have seen a few people who think this way, even though its completely false.
I choose to believe that all people are capable of doing whatever they want. Its just some of us lean towards different ways than others do. None of the ways are wrong, just different.

I personally enjoy talking to those who can think up ideologys. It allows me to see a different way in people think and it challenges me to try it. I'm capable just like anyone else. :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I don't get pissed off over some forum content, it's no different than everyday life.

It's most certainly not different from say...going to church and having someone else interpret the book differently.

Only thing that's really missing in that context, is there's less entertainment. At least at church one can every now and then observe a couple of sweet little ole' retired people...beating the hell out of each other with their purses over minor disputes regarding verse.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, there is a sensor bias here. It's pretty annoying...

You've gotta keep in mind that a lot of these people are NTs in high school with teenage angst. lol

I personally think it's hilarious, that some people have decided to hate or not associate with sensors; since we make up ~75% of the world.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally think it's hilarious, that some people have decided to hate or not associate with sensors; since we make up ~75% of the world.

No shit, BC! Bad idea, eh?! :yim_rolling_on_the_

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh, NT's?

Well I'm guilty of making amusement, etc. i.e. The Official INTP Universal Greeting

spock_3.jpg

Or saying something to the effect that reading NT threads gave me an f* headache and helped me finally identify as an S type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No shit, BC! Bad idea, eh?! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Yeah, I'm not going to get discouraged by those idiots. :cheese:

I'm here to learn about people and myself. The sensor biased people are absolutely doing it wrong, and I almost feel sorry for them.

One day they'll learn.

B

brainheart

I think I just have to stay away from all of the popular culture typing threads. They make me really angry, one, because people have the presumption to 'just know' what a person's type is and they give little to no evidence and disagree with what evidence you give because they use their intuition which is something complicated that intuitives understand and that's why I'm not getting it and evidence proves nothing; and two, anyone who does anything original or wacky must be an NT or NF.

I am not saying most NTs and NFs do this, of course, but some most decidedly do.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get a little mad sometimes, but I ususally just laugh it off. This forum doesn't represent real life in any way. Sometimes you see a real life bias against "stupid people" but the truth is there are slow people of all types. Any bias towards sensors on here is clearly based on plain insecurity or not having much to brag about in real life so they brag about being an N on here. When I see someone saying nasty things about S's, (or any type) that's completely unfounded in reality, I picture a lonely person, sitting in a dark room, picking their nose, jobless, what have you... And then I figure well, it's good for them to feel that they shine somewhere :). I find that the majority of people on here are very accepting of one another. The ones that aren't just stick out like a sore thumb. (Three hours of sleep makes me say really cliche things, and I apologize for that. ;) I also apologize for the verbiage, i'm having a punctuation issue. )

I understand being irritated with it though, since any blatant ignorance is always just plain annoying. (Here or anywhere else.)

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I understand your "f'in nuts" feelings although I don't feel that way. But I'm rather new, give me time. :)

SP can certainly equal intelligent, curious person with nuanced views.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I get worked up over some of the things on here, though overall I enjoy posting and reading (mostly reading) what people post here. One trend I've sort of seen are people who are attracted the site initially because it is new and interesting. After lingering for a while and getting the gist of things they feel the need to stir drama up and complain about thread redundancy. Lets face it, there is only so much you can post on MBTI before you start to see the same old threads.

I came for MBTI forum, stayed for the friends, relaxed enviroment, and general BS'ing. If somebody trys to tell you you are a sensor-robot-whatever just tell them they are a lazy, neuotic, space cadet. Man I feel better already.....

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i guess if there is type bashing or bias it doesn't bother me, becuase it tends to slip through my mind and not gain any traction. people have all kinds of weird ideas.

and a lot of times people say things in bravado, without having anything solid underneath them. there is always a lot of silly posturing going on anywhere, and i think it is best to just glide on through it. not even past it or around it, just right through it like it's not even there.

B

brainheart

Willfrey, very true. I kind of wonder if I would still post on here if I didn't feel the need to contradict other's assumptions as to what sensing vs intuition means. I think once I get that settled all be ready to move on.... hopefully away from the computer.

Kingfisher, ye wise sage, you are right. Just curious, what enneagram type are you? You seem so what my perception of nine is it's nuts.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Just curious, what enneagram type are you? You seem so what my perception of nine is it's nuts.

yes, i am a 9! a 9w8.

by the way, my wife has a typecentral account but never posts here, because she feels that the forum is too hostile for her. she is an SP too, an ISFP.

B

brainheart

See, I'm pretty sure I'm a 4w3 so I think I get really caught up in it, especially if people are saying all of these creative types are intuitives, because here I am, a creative type. Look at me! I'm special! I'm an artist! So I come out swinging, getting all competitive with my uniqueness.

(I'm poking fun at myself right now.)

I can understand your wife's pov, for sure.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
These internet sites are not our natural element. We come, squeeze everything out of it we need, tease a little, have a few laughs, roll our eyes at the ENFs and eventually leave.
Stimulation factor is too low to sustain interest...although we might pop in and out over the months/years when our other interests flag. Only the ISTP can understand the enormous range and depth of ISTP interest, skill and accomplishments.

We're best appreciated after we're dead. Too much to take in while we are alive and active!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hakuna Matata.

Wise words indeed!

I've actually gotten pi$$ed at a few folks when they have dumped Sensor/ESTP hate stereotypes out. I ask them if they even know any verified S/ESTP types, 9 out of 10 times the answer is "Ummm..No, but I think they are S/ESTP." Then I chew their ass out (1) First they are buying into BS stereotypes, and I think all stereotypes as BS, and (2) They are trashing someone with a given stereotype WITHOUT EVEN knowing if that person is indeed a member of the stereotypical population being HATED on. :rant: :steam: :wtf: :dont: :threaten: That $hite pi$$es me 0ff!!!

Halla's rule of thumb regarding stereotypes: (1) They are all bullshit, and (2) Don't ever cast them on anyone else unless you yourself are willing to be bound by the stereotypes that others cast upon YOU. :rules:

I pity the fool that stereotypes me... :newwink:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As the only ESTP in Vent on a regular basis, I understand what you're talking about all too well.

I've been told that I'm too scatter-brained to follow complex thoughts, that I'm not intellectual nor am I capable of being intellectual, that I'm the type of person who would believe the WWF was real, that I am "the queen of sensor talk" meant to suggest that I'm only capable of idiotic prattle, and my personal favorites, that I'm not capable of commitment, that I'm promiscuous emotionally and sexually, and that I'm basically an uncultured brute.

What's ironic is that I'm probably innately more intelligent than most of the supposed NT geniuses who accuse me of being stupid. Just because I don't go around masturbating to my own intellect doesn't mean I'm a caveman.

Yep, there is definitely a sensor bias around these parts.

I'd also like to point out that most of the NFs and NTs here are probably SFs and STs. There is so much Intuitive worshipping in this place due to a lack of understanding that I think many people have mistyped themselves, purposefully or unknowingly, to feel special or fit in with the masses. A couple of thousand intuitives versus a few hundred sensors, viewed with an understanding that 75% of the world is comprised of sensors, cannot be accurate..