User Tag List

12311 Last

brainheart

Default Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?

It's getting to the point that I'm not sure I can be on here any longer, the ignorance about what it means to be an SP (or SJ) vs NT and NF is beginning to make me see red.

Anyone else feel like that?

I mean seriously, it's driving me f'in nuts.

Improviser from Best fit:

The core needs are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. People of this temperament highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. They tend toward pragmatic, utilitarian actions with a focus on technique. They trust their impulses and have a drive to action. They learn best experientially and when they see the relevance of what they are learning to what they are doing. They enjoy hands-on, applied learning with a fast pace and freedom to explore.
    Does it say anywhere on here that we can't understand abstract ideas or metaphors, or employ them, for that matter? No, it says we 'tend' toward pragmatic actions, we learn 'best' experientially.

Keirsey:

Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business.
    Artisans are most at home in the real world of solid objects that can be made and manipulated, and of real-life events that can be experienced in the here and now. Artisans have exceptionally keen senses, and love working with their hands. They seem right at home with tools, instruments, and vehicles of all kinds, and their actions are usually aimed at getting them where they want to go, and as quickly as possible. Thus Artisans will strike off boldly down roads that others might consider risky or impossible, doing whatever it takes, rules or no rules, to accomplish their goals. This devil-may-care attitude also gives the Artisans a winning way with people, and they are often irresistibly charming with family, friends, and co-workers.

Artisans want to be where the action is; they seek out adventure and show a constant hunger for pleasure and stimulation. They believe that variety is the spice of life, and that doing things that aren't fun or exciting is a waste of time. Artisans are impulsive, adaptable, competitive, and believe the next throw of the dice will be the lucky one. They can also be generous to a fault, always ready to share with their friends from the bounty of life. Above all, Artisans need to be free to do what they wish, when they wish. They resist being tied or bound or confined or obligated; they would rather not wait, or save, or store, or live for tomorrow. In the Artisan view, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow never comes.
    I don't see anything here that says we are incapable of new ideas, or creating something new based on a collaboration of the multitude of things we've experienced, read, seen, do you? I don't see anything that says we see pretty and shiny, therefore, paint pretty and shiny...

:steam: :steam: :steam:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

There is "Sensor" prejudice in some here,

Some have made extremely derogatory remarks about ESTPs,

I have yet to pick up on a trend of "SP" prejudice,

But I also don't see the virtues of artisans extolled near like the rationals or idyllics are in comparison, but there are some "Pro SP" threads laying around.

The bottom line is this. Lead by example.

Disagree with false prophecy and show the better way.
    The truth is in the pudding...preferably pistachio!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I understand what you're talking about here.
    I have seen a few people who think this way, even though its completely false.
    I choose to believe that all people are capable of doing whatever they want. Its just some of us lean towards different ways than others do. None of the ways are wrong, just different.

I personally enjoy talking to those who can think up ideologys. It allows me to see a different way in people think and it challenges me to try it. I'm capable just like anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.
    Likes Waste of Paint liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

No I don't get pissed off over some forum content, it's no different than everyday life.

It's most certainly not different from say...going to church and having someone else interpret the book differently.

Only thing that's really missing in that context, is there's less entertainment. At least at church one can every now and then observe a couple of sweet little ole' retired people...beating the hell out of each other with their purses over minor disputes regarding verse.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yup, there is a sensor bias here. It's pretty annoying...

You've gotta keep in mind that a lot of these people are NTs in high school with teenage angst. lol

I personally think it's hilarious, that some people have decided to hate or not associate with sensors; since we make up ~75% of the world.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes Kyubey liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I personally think it's hilarious, that some people have decided to hate or not associate with sensors; since we make up ~75% of the world.
    No shit, BC! Bad idea, eh?! :yim_rolling_on_the_
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

oh, NT's?

Well I'm guilty of making amusement, etc. i.e. The Official INTP Universal Greeting

Or saying something to the effect that reading NT threads gave me an f* headache and helped me finally identify as an S type.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    No shit, BC! Bad idea, eh?! :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Yeah, I'm not going to get discouraged by those idiots.

I'm here to learn about people and myself. The sensor biased people are absolutely doing it wrong, and I almost feel sorry for them.

One day they'll learn.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

brainheart

I think I just have to stay away from all of the popular culture typing threads. They make me really angry, one, because people have the presumption to 'just know' what a person's type is and they give little to no evidence and disagree with what evidence you give because they use their intuition which is something complicated that intuitives understand and that's why I'm not getting it and evidence proves nothing; and two, anyone who does anything original or wacky must be an NT or NF.

I am not saying most NTs and NFs do this, of course, but some most decidedly do.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I get a little mad sometimes, but I ususally just laugh it off. This forum doesn't represent real life in any way. Sometimes you see a real life bias against "stupid people" but the truth is there are slow people of all types. Any bias towards sensors on here is clearly based on plain insecurity or not having much to brag about in real life so they brag about being an N on here. When I see someone saying nasty things about S's, (or any type) that's completely unfounded in reality, I picture a lonely person, sitting in a dark room, picking their nose, jobless, what have you... And then I figure well, it's good for them to feel that they shine somewhere . I find that the majority of people on here are very accepting of one another. The ones that aren't just stick out like a sore thumb. (Three hours of sleep makes me say really cliche things, and I apologize for that. I also apologize for the verbiage, i'm having a punctuation issue. )

I understand being irritated with it though, since any blatant ignorance is always just plain annoying. (Here or anywhere else.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.