• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As the only ESTP in Vent on a regular basis, I understand what you're talking about all too well.

I'm hoping to show up on Vent soon. I had a balst last time you and shot the $hite on Vent. :newwink:

I'd also like to point out that most of the NFs and NTs here are probably SFs and STs. There is so much Intuitive worshipping in this place due to a lack of understanding that I think many people have mistyped themselves, purposefully or unknowingly, to feel special or fit in with the masses. A couple of thousand intuitives versus a few hundred sensors, viewed with an understanding that 75% of the world is comprised of sensors, cannot be accurate..

The defense rests your honor... <owwwwch! when it stings, it burrrrns!> :coffee:

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
If people don't except me for who I am then C'est la vie!!they haven't a clue on what they are missing out on!! By the way,I am capable of intellectual discourse. My IQ(verbal and intuitive combined is 141) Just a small part of who I really AM!!! lol

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I'm very stereotypically ISTP in my line of work...and people are always SHOCKED to find out I have a master's degree in Latin and philosophy.

One thing I have discovered is that Europeans accept, if not expect, that a person pursue a variety of interests and activities. Americans find that upsetting and demand a singular focus...you can't be an athlete and a scholar...an artist and a successful business person...a poet and a car mechanic...or all of them combined.

We Americans are in some ways the most conventional and rigid of peoples.

wolfy

awsm
It doesn't really bother me at all. I just take it as trash talk and shrug it off as the rantings of infantile minds. I mean, it is obvious that people who do that are using type to bolster their fragile egos. How sad is that? That a person needs type to make themselves feel special. That is simply pathetic.

The popular culture threads don't bother me. Most people can't even type themselves so how can they be so sure of someone they have never met. The truth is they aren't and that is why they set up shop in a small hole and throw stones at people.

At the end of the day they are just pissing into the wind.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, some people such as Sarah and SolitaryPenguin have "left" the forum over frustration with this very thing. Personally, i have gotten pissed at certain individuals here for their behavior, but not because of stereotyping SPs really. I mean, some of what is said about SPs here is true. People sometimes take things to extremes, but often they are just joking.

I guess I need to do a better job of updating the thread in my signature. Part of why I continued to remember to participate in this forum was I wanted to do some education of people about SPs, because there were so few here and the Ns seem to not understand us. But because I'm a lazy SP I have slacked off and not updated it lately. :newwink: Maybe if I write more and it's stickied or something then people will at least have one source for some ways to cure some ignorance about us. Feel free to contribute to that thread too! :)

wolfy

awsm
Everything is exaggerated here. The N types even do it to themselves. I'm thinking so much I never notice my surroundings and stuff like that. Reminds me of Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman...'It's dark in here!'

Some of the stuff directed at sensors is actually true but exaggerated. And some of the other stuff is way off. It's a typology forum, stereotypes are part of the game.

You remind me of Sarah. And not just because of this. Hopefully we can sort it out before you vanish into thin air..

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Sometimes, the forum gets to be a bit too toxic. I don't like the negativity and the stereotyping. It makes me wonder what the purpose of the forum is. If the purpose of the forum is for all different types to interact and learn about and better understand our differences and similarities, then the atmosphere needs to change to reflect that. I can hardly believe that insult and negativity is the purpose of the forum.

B

brainheart

I'm very stereotypically ISTP in my line of work...and people are always SHOCKED to find out I have a master's degree in Latin and philosophy.

One thing I have discovered is that Europeans accept, if not expect, that a person pursue a variety of interests and activities. Americans find that upsetting and demand a singular focus...you can't be an athlete and a scholar...an artist and a successful business person...a poet and a car mechanic...or all of them combined.

We Americans are in some ways the most conventional and rigid of peoples.

You, sir, rule. I have always considered myself a bit of a renaissance woman as well. One day I'll be re-tiling my bathroom, the next I'll be reading Dante's Divine Comedy or teaching myself a new piece on the piano.

I have no singular focus.

I love all of these responses... they are very insightful and wise.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Merci.

I would say we do have a singular focus: creativity..or perhaps better, participation in the ongoing dance of creation of that which is, has been and will be. We just change partners more often during the dance.

wolfy

awsm
This forum sucks. I invite you all to INTPc:

INTP Central

That is an excellent idea. None of that kind of nonsense on INTPc, no siree. Last time I visited it was a bunch of people sharing ideas in a beautiful spirit of collaboration. Warmed my heart to see it.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
That is an excellent idea. None of that kind of nonsense on INTPc, no siree. Last time I visited it was a bunch of people sharing ideas in a beautiful spirit of collaboration. Warmed my heart to see it.

rofl haven't been there for ages.... (for exactly the reasons stated in the OP)

It used to be that SJ's were the target of all negativity, but yeah us SP's seem to take our (un)fair share of hassle and negative stereotyping now...

The thing I've noticed mostly with MBTI is that when I'm talking to people of different types - the main area I struggle with is N's. It's not that one or the other is any more intelligent than that other it's just the way N's process things just doesn't compute for me at times and vice versa.... I have no problems (generally) with I's F's or J's.

I guess that as the majority of people on here identify themselves as N's then the bias against us S's will come through - basically because in their minds - we don't compute to them...

Generally I find this forum more accepting of all types then INTPC, but that could just be me.....

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

Yeah I temporarily forgot what the OP was compaining about.

Let's start an SP central... we can call it 4chan.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
SP Central: They'll build it but won't come.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
instead of SP Central it should just be called what it is - Awesome Central.

robosaurusvb8.jpg

wolfy

awsm
I think SP Central would be like show and tell for big boys and girls.