User Tag List

First 45678 Last

brainheart

I've realized that I really can't go anywhere on here except the SP forum, especially the 'typing' celebrities threads. If I stick to my own kind, all good! (Eye roll)

Funny, because a big chunk of my friends irl are of the intuitive variety-

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I've realized that I really can't go anywhere on here except the SP forum, <snip>. If I stick to my own kind, all good! (Eye roll)

Funny, because a big chunk of my friends irl are of the intuitive variety-

+1

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... NOBODY except for about 3 people gets ANYWHERE in the celeb typing threads, so don't feel bad about that! (unless it's typing a type that is of the unsavory variety on the site, like sensors )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm perfectly happy to be an "unsavory" type. At least, I won't get cooked and eaten as would a more "tasty" type.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Something like that. I miss the Big Boys Toys show in NZ
    I'm with Halla! That looks like so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    I, too, very much liked McRumi's take on being well-rounded. Your wanting "to do EVERYTHING!" is wonderful. Whatever profession(s) you end up in, I think your intelligent curiosity will make you a better employee (or freelancer or small business owner) -- balanced, valuable, one who can understand the big picture in a company or in co-worker interactions.

Life contains so much that's intriguing and amazing! Everywhere!
    +1. I've never known what I really wanted to do forever. I like a lot of things and picking a major in school was definitely harder than picking what job to take afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerformer View Post
    ...I am truly interested in improving myself, and I feel I can probably gain some insight. Myers-Briggs, as I understand it, is supposed to help people help themselves, by giving understanding of potential natural tendancies within their defined types. What many people seem to forget is that, it is common for us to not follow a natural tendancy, either by upbringing or life experience, so it doesn't define who we are. But our understanding that it could be there is helpful.

Someone else said "lead by example" earlier in this thread, and that is what we need to do.
    I've mainly used MBTI to improve upon myself. At least I'd like to think so. Secondarily I've used to to understand how other types work. Of course it's not perfect. People are exact molds of the types they lean towards.

After reading about how different types work, and certain weaknesses that are typical of ISTPs, I can use that to not ALWAYS hurt people's feelings as is usually the case with me 'cause I'm callous and insensitive a lot of the time. I can at least let people know in advance that I'm usually the bitch in the group, that I don't pick up on stupid hints and that if they ask me a question I will give them a blunt, honest answer. While I inform them of these fact, I *am* trying to fix these flaws about me. I never know if I'm making much progress 'cause no one really provides feedback on particular actions. Once again, it's about telling the emperor he's not wearing any clothes*. I srsly don't pick up on these things. Why can't my friends just tell me I'm acting like an idiot?

*Side note: Not enough people know that story. I keep using the phrase and I get looks from folks like I'm retarded.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Permabanned

Wasn't the first man on the moon Neil Armstrong an ISTP? I mean that just shows the intelligence and strength of the sensor.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I've never faced any prejudice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think I just have to stay away from all of the popular culture typing threads. They make me really angry, one, because people have the presumption to 'just know' what a person's type is and they give little to no evidence and disagree with what evidence you give because they use their intuition which is something complicated that intuitives understand and that's why I'm not getting it and evidence proves nothing; and two, anyone who does anything original or wacky must be an NT or NF.

I am not saying most NTs and NFs do this, of course, but some most decidedly do.
    I agree with you here. I've noticed over typing celebrities and characters, that just because someone is creative verbally with say song lyrics or the like, that some want to automatically cross SP off the list. I've been quite irritated over some of the pop culture typing threads as well, and just stopped visiting that section.

But, we shouldn't let that stop us from expressing our opinions. And I agree with someones statement on here, that we should just lead by example and show that SP's are just as creative, or hardworking, or whatever, as the next type. We just have particular preferences that are natural, but that doesn't make us incapable of other areas.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP

^ For real. Altho if the N's want to take on the "creative" artists that rhyme "fat" with "phat"...then by all means do it!! lol

I was pretty good at making up poems in school, I just needed a topic to run with. And I was in drawing class for a few years which was a lot of fun. I learned random stuff from the teacher that can be applied to daily life...like taking control of the pencil/paint brush, making it do what you want it to do. And so I've applied that to all sports/outdoor activities. Control the ball. Don't just let it fly around. Use the tools you have at your disposal. Don't use the 9H pencil for the dark stuff.

Anyway, I'm not the most creative person ever, I don't come up with fanciful stories about dragons and princesses or space invaders or anything...but it works for me.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I should write a story about a dragon princess who IS a space invader... that'll show everyone
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett