First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    As the only ESTP in Vent on a regular basis, I understand what you're talking about all too well.
    I'm hoping to show up on Vent soon. I had a balst last time you and shot the $hite on Vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I'd also like to point out that most of the NFs and NTs here are probably SFs and STs. There is so much Intuitive worshipping in this place due to a lack of understanding that I think many people have mistyped themselves, purposefully or unknowingly, to feel special or fit in with the masses. A couple of thousand intuitives versus a few hundred sensors, viewed with an understanding that 75% of the world is comprised of sensors, cannot be accurate..
    The defense rests your honor... <owwwwch! when it stings, it burrrrns!>
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The defense rests your honor... <owwwwch! when it stings, it burrrrns!>
    It burns us precious! It freezes!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Talking

If people don't except me for who I am then C'est la vie!!they haven't a clue on what they are missing out on!! By the way,I am capable of intellectual discourse. My IQ(verbal and intuitive combined is 141) Just a small part of who I really AM!!! lol
    Welcome to the Rabbit Hole
    The Cheshire Cat

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

AMEN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I'm very stereotypically ISTP in my line of work...and people are always SHOCKED to find out I have a master's degree in Latin and philosophy.

One thing I have discovered is that Europeans accept, if not expect, that a person pursue a variety of interests and activities. Americans find that upsetting and demand a singular focus...you can't be an athlete and a scholar...an artist and a successful business person...a poet and a car mechanic...or all of them combined.

We Americans are in some ways the most conventional and rigid of peoples.
    Likes Fregoli liked this post

It doesn't really bother me at all. I just take it as trash talk and shrug it off as the rantings of infantile minds. I mean, it is obvious that people who do that are using type to bolster their fragile egos. How sad is that? That a person needs type to make themselves feel special. That is simply pathetic.

The popular culture threads don't bother me. Most people can't even type themselves so how can they be so sure of someone they have never met. The truth is they aren't and that is why they set up shop in a small hole and throw stones at people.

At the end of the day they are just pissing into the wind.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, some people such as Sarah and SolitaryPenguin have "left" the forum over frustration with this very thing. Personally, i have gotten pissed at certain individuals here for their behavior, but not because of stereotyping SPs really. I mean, some of what is said about SPs here is true. People sometimes take things to extremes, but often they are just joking.

I guess I need to do a better job of updating the thread in my signature. Part of why I continued to remember to participate in this forum was I wanted to do some education of people about SPs, because there were so few here and the Ns seem to not understand us. But because I'm a lazy SP I have slacked off and not updated it lately. Maybe if I write more and it's stickied or something then people will at least have one source for some ways to cure some ignorance about us. Feel free to contribute to that thread too!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Everything is exaggerated here. The N types even do it to themselves. I'm thinking so much I never notice my surroundings and stuff like that. Reminds me of Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman...'It's dark in here!'

Some of the stuff directed at sensors is actually true but exaggerated. And some of the other stuff is way off. It's a typology forum, stereotypes are part of the game.

You remind me of Sarah. And not just because of this. Hopefully we can sort it out before you vanish into thin air..

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Sometimes, the forum gets to be a bit too toxic. I don't like the negativity and the stereotyping. It makes me wonder what the purpose of the forum is. If the purpose of the forum is for all different types to interact and learn about and better understand our differences and similarities, then the atmosphere needs to change to reflect that. I can hardly believe that insult and negativity is the purpose of the forum.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    I'm very stereotypically ISTP in my line of work...and people are always SHOCKED to find out I have a master's degree in Latin and philosophy.

One thing I have discovered is that Europeans accept, if not expect, that a person pursue a variety of interests and activities. Americans find that upsetting and demand a singular focus...you can't be an athlete and a scholar...an artist and a successful business person...a poet and a car mechanic...or all of them combined.

We Americans are in some ways the most conventional and rigid of peoples.
    You, sir, rule. I have always considered myself a bit of a renaissance woman as well. One day I'll be re-tiling my bathroom, the next I'll be reading Dante's Divine Comedy or teaching myself a new piece on the piano.

I have no singular focus.

I love all of these responses... they are very insightful and wise.
    Likes Fregoli liked this post