User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

I understand your "f'in nuts" feelings although I don't feel that way. But I'm rather new, give me time.

SP can certainly equal intelligent, curious person with nuanced views.

MBTI
    IsTP

I get worked up over some of the things on here, though overall I enjoy posting and reading (mostly reading) what people post here. One trend I've sort of seen are people who are attracted the site initially because it is new and interesting. After lingering for a while and getting the gist of things they feel the need to stir drama up and complain about thread redundancy. Lets face it, there is only so much you can post on MBTI before you start to see the same old threads.

I came for MBTI forum, stayed for the friends, relaxed enviroment, and general BS'ing. If somebody trys to tell you you are a sensor-robot-whatever just tell them they are a lazy, neuotic, space cadet. Man I feel better already.....
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i guess if there is type bashing or bias it doesn't bother me, becuase it tends to slip through my mind and not gain any traction. people have all kinds of weird ideas.

and a lot of times people say things in bravado, without having anything solid underneath them. there is always a lot of silly posturing going on anywhere, and i think it is best to just glide on through it. not even past it or around it, just right through it like it's not even there.

brainheart

Willfrey, very true. I kind of wonder if I would still post on here if I didn't feel the need to contradict other's assumptions as to what sensing vs intuition means. I think once I get that settled all be ready to move on.... hopefully away from the computer.

Kingfisher, ye wise sage, you are right. Just curious, what enneagram type are you? You seem so what my perception of nine is it's nuts.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Just curious, what enneagram type are you? You seem so what my perception of nine is it's nuts.
    yes, i am a 9! a 9w8.

by the way, my wife has a typecentral account but never posts here, because she feels that the forum is too hostile for her. she is an SP too, an ISFP.

brainheart

See, I'm pretty sure I'm a 4w3 so I think I get really caught up in it, especially if people are saying all of these creative types are intuitives, because here I am, a creative type. Look at me! I'm special! I'm an artist! So I come out swinging, getting all competitive with my uniqueness.

(I'm poking fun at myself right now.)

I can understand your wife's pov, for sure.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

These internet sites are not our natural element. We come, squeeze everything out of it we need, tease a little, have a few laughs, roll our eyes at the ENFs and eventually leave.
    Stimulation factor is too low to sustain interest...although we might pop in and out over the months/years when our other interests flag. Only the ISTP can understand the enormous range and depth of ISTP interest, skill and accomplishments.

We're best appreciated after we're dead. Too much to take in while we are alive and active!

MBTI
    STUF

Hakuna Matata.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselephant View Post
    Hakuna Matata.
    Wise words indeed!

I've actually gotten pi$$ed at a few folks when they have dumped Sensor/ESTP hate stereotypes out. I ask them if they even know any verified S/ESTP types, 9 out of 10 times the answer is "Ummm..No, but I think they are S/ESTP." Then I chew their ass out (1) First they are buying into BS stereotypes, and I think all stereotypes as BS, and (2) They are trashing someone with a given stereotype WITHOUT EVEN knowing if that person is indeed a member of the stereotypical population being HATED on. :rant: :steam: That $hite pi$$es me 0ff!!!

Halla's rule of thumb regarding stereotypes: (1) They are all bullshit, and (2) Don't ever cast them on anyone else unless you yourself are willing to be bound by the stereotypes that others cast upon YOU.

I pity the fool that stereotypes me...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro
    Likes SiegfriedSchtauffen liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As the only ESTP in Vent on a regular basis, I understand what you're talking about all too well.

I've been told that I'm too scatter-brained to follow complex thoughts, that I'm not intellectual nor am I capable of being intellectual, that I'm the type of person who would believe the WWF was real, that I am "the queen of sensor talk" meant to suggest that I'm only capable of idiotic prattle, and my personal favorites, that I'm not capable of commitment, that I'm promiscuous emotionally and sexually, and that I'm basically an uncultured brute.

What's ironic is that I'm probably innately more intelligent than most of the supposed NT geniuses who accuse me of being stupid. Just because I don't go around masturbating to my own intellect doesn't mean I'm a caveman.

Yep, there is definitely a sensor bias around these parts.

I'd also like to point out that most of the NFs and NTs here are probably SFs and STs. There is so much Intuitive worshipping in this place due to a lack of understanding that I think many people have mistyped themselves, purposefully or unknowingly, to feel special or fit in with the masses. A couple of thousand intuitives versus a few hundred sensors, viewed with an understanding that 75% of the world is comprised of sensors, cannot be accurate..
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post