• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seinfeld fans

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was doing homework the other night with two classmates - one I'm best friends (Tony) with and the other is a newer friend from the class (Jacob)...

They both came to the conclusion that I'm super-duper similar to Jerry Seinfeld - from the show, of course.

I've actually tried watching the show and I can't stomach it! I've never thought he was funny, the stand-up humor was too dry and his friends are stupid and melodramatic. Or that's my impression. So I never watched anymore of it.

Tony and Jacob both agreed that we're similar because:
1) I'm a totally logical thinker (and if you're a fan of the show, the episode when Kramer and George get spit on and Jerry demonstrates why the scenario wasn't possible is a good example).
2) I always want to know what the point of something is.
3) Apparently I have a dry sense of humor...
4) In the season 7 finale, Jerry dated Jeannie Steinman (played by Janeane Garofalo) and he decided that he didn't like people who were just like him - and I usually don't like people who are just like me (not a strong dislike, I just don't really care for them being around, they don't bring a new dynamic to anything if they're just like me...).
5) When people tell me I'm funny - I have no idea what was so funny about what I did/said.
6) I eat a lot of cereal (and my favorite is Cheerios).
7) I've been told various times that I'd be good at stand-up.

Is this an ISTP thing?

Since I'm not a fan of the show, I don't really know what Jerry is like.

Well, one expert thinks that Jerry Seinfeld is an INFJ, so I dunno.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I always thought he was an ENTJ. One of my best friends is an ENTJ that LOVED Seinfeld and those two (my friend and the Seinfeld TV character) seemed incredibly similar to me.

His character is definately NOT an ENTJ.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Senfield is not dark enough to be INFJ!

hmm. I suppose Glinda the good witch isn't dark enough either (she represents introverted intuition in that story).

heart

heart on fire
hmm. I suppose Glinda the good witch isn't dark enough either (she represents introverted intuition in that story).

I don't know anything about Glinda, but I do think that Senfield is not dark enough to be male INFJ. Male INFJ seem a bit more gritty than many of the INFJ females I read here.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Seinfeld is an Artisan for sure- I think he's an ISTP.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know anything about Glinda, but I do think that Senfield is not dark enough to be male INFJ. Male INFJ seem a bit more gritty than many of the INFJ females I read here.

Well, I'm, not going to name names, but you're talking about the """INFJS""" here. nuff said.
I don't quite know what you mean by gritty though. I have yet to meet an emo INFJ.

heart

heart on fire
Well, I'm, not going to name names, but you're talking about the """INFJS""" here. nuff said.
I don't quite know what you mean by gritty though. I have yet to meet an emo INFJ.

They won't show it on the surface, but it would come out in the relations with Senfield's closest friends, the darkness, the angst. He really has quite shallow observations and reflections about life. He is glib, changable. Senfield is no Nietzsche, not even a vague echo of him. There would be a bit of that darkness, that intensity, that vision. Look to some of the INFJ males here.

Senfield is not INFJ by any means.