• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP or ADD?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
There is much I do agree with you on.

But when you make statements about long-term effects, dependencies, etc, you are plain wrong.
I have made no statements about long-term effects or dependencies without backing up those statements with direct links to WebMD or other medical sites.

As I have stated ad nauseum, I have taken 80 mg of Ritalin daily for 15 years. The dosage has never changed and the effect is always the same. I can stop taking it for months at a time with no side effects whatsoever. NONE. No depression, no cramps, no insomnia, nothing except for one thing: the lack of controlling my focus. Ritalin works in the ADD brain WAY different than in the non-ADD brain. Nor am I some superman exempt for these supposed long-term effects.
I hear what you're saying, but the same could be said for any chemical substance. The fact that some people have little to no harmful effects from smoking is not to say that smoking is good for human bodies, or that it should be generally promoted as safe.

I am a 50--year old man living a very successful and fufilling life after having discovered ADD and Ritalin in my 30s. Prior to that my life was a living hell...and I tried suicide at age 14. That would not have happened if I had been diagnosed and properly medicated earlier. Nothing you say or any narcissistic doctor can say will ever change the facts of my life.
I'm sorry to hear that, and can't begin to imagine the relief you've found after such a difficult life experience.

Your experiences are of mis-diagnosed children. Go to a ADD conference and spend time with those who have been correctly diagnosed and given correct medicine and whose lives have gone from black to white...ask them about the lack of side-effects and the ease of stopping meds at any time......THEN we can talk.
I was a member of CHADD prior to some of my own experiences. We just don't agree. Which is cool.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
You're already using this against me, so I will reveal a little of my thinking. You do this on purpose to send a message. Don't hire this guy to destory me, he's fucking crazy. Most people would never get this behavior because most people would not go out of their way to find and push these buttons.

Am I right?

Oh, and I don't want to destroy you. I not that unbelievably selfish. You sometimes push just the right buttons to make me say words that might allude to it. But it's all hot air.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Rumi, you kinda remind me of Jag..*ponders*

The difference between an ISTP and an ENTJ , on an interaction level, is actually not that big. Both have Te in the ego block. It's just that one has Te as leading function, the other has Te as creative.

It is not worthwhile to convince either type that they are wrong when they are confident.

If you're interested however, you can stop an ISTP on its track when they're on a roll, by putting in an Ne-joke. Take one of the points and link it to another context in a humorous way. If you can link it to something Si related, it will be irresistible.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It is not worthwhile to convince either type that they are wrong when they are confident.

Of course it is. The ISTP always stores away information...even that they consider to be incorrect...to be used later in case matters change.

So...definitely worthwhile to the ISTP....maybe not as worthwhile to the other frustrated party.

And yes, humor can be a track-stopper.

Just don't mess with my Ritalin!

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Of course it is. The ISTP always stores away information...even that they consider to be incorrect...to be used later in case matters change.

So...definitely worthwhile to the ISTP....maybe not as worthwhile to the other frustrated party.

And yes, humor can be a track-stopper.

Just don't mess with my Ritalin!

Yeah, Yeah, you can have your Ritalin.

I'm fine with vitamins.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, you boys play nice now :D
It was just an observation..and thanks for the tip..most of it I already knew though ;)

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Playing nice always seems a contradiction in terms.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Does this mean will continue to play dirty? Don't do that. This will take a turn for the worse.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I have to be careful what I say. I'm concerned you want me escalate this conflict. That's a serious mistake. Look at this whole mess. Given the chance would you choose to go back and not take the path that leads here?

Fast forward a year. This situation has escalated markedly. You are feeling the pain and regret of earlier decisions. What would you give to come back to this point and put an end to this pointless conflict?

BTW: I'm not stupid. I know the boss is not home. I also notice how you escalate whenever the boss leaves on a business trip. I address you collectively.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
St Benedict wrote that every monastery needs a gadfly. Helps everyone practice their charity and tolerance.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
St Benedict wrote that every monastery needs a gadfly. Helps everyone practice their charity and tolerance.

That's only when it's a monastery of fruit-pulps. :newwink: