MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Ah...the fairy tale land of the NFs.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Good point, and am pretty sure you wouldn't want for someone newly or incorrectly "diagnosed" to take the risk of abruptly stopping.

No. but they should stop as quickly as possible. Misdiagnosis is misdiagnosis. All the drama queen NFs focus on are mis-diagnosed cases...and assume that means that ADD does not exist. That's even more dangerous. The Sarah Palin's of medicine. Ignore reality. Cling to faulty intuition regardless of the facts.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lookingglassworld View Post
    Stopping Adderall for any length of time is an utter BITCH!! I'm living proof!! If you can manage your ADHD or ADD symptoms without it then do so!! Keep away from at all costs!! Totally wicked withdrawals.
    After doing some googling it does seem that Adderall can be a nasty dug. It is a different type of drug than Ritalin.

I don't know why folks put up with things like elevated blood pressure, loss of appetite etc. To me those are all signs that something is still out of whack. Obviously, there are lots of mis-diagoses.

As I said earlier I have been taking 80 mg of Ritalin a day for 15 years..and have had no negative side effects at all. And i have lovely low blood pressure. Can go off it at any time and no withdrawal problems at all.

ADD is real. Ritalin works. Correct diagnosis is key.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Nonsense. More quackery.
    Ritalin Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD:
    WARNING: Methylphenidate should be given cautiously to emotionally unstable patients such as those with a history of alcohol or drug abuse. These patients may be more likely to unnecessarily increase their doses or take this medication too often. Long-term overuse of this medication may lead to reduced drug effect, drug dependence, and abnormal behavior. Take this medication only by mouth. Serious mental/mood changes (e.g., psychosis) may occur, especially if this drug is abused. If methylphenidate must be stopped, it should be stopped gradually over time. Follow your doctor's instructions on how to gradually lower the dose. In some patients, long-term monitoring may be required after the medication is stopped.
    METHYLPHENIDATE - ORAL (Ritalin) side effects, medical uses, and drug interactions.
    This medication may cause dependence, especially if it has been used regularly for an extended period of time, or if it has been used in high doses. In such cases, if you suddenly stop this drug, withdrawal reactions may occur. Such reactions can include severe depression and chronic overactivity. Report to your doctor immediately any such reactions. When stopping extended, regular treatment with this drug, gradually reducing the dosage as directed will help prevent withdrawal reactions.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Not true for ADD folks...only true for those not having ADD. Big difference.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Anyone diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD presumably has the illness and are treated as such. The warning is for all people taking the medication who have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. It is especially for those who take high doses or who have taken the medication for a long time, and for those who overuse their own meds because they have developed a tolerance to the medication over time.

With no definitive psychological or medical marker for ADD or ADHD in the first place, how do you conclude whether or not a person has or hasn't been diagnosed "properly"?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

You're clueless. And you have never taken Ritalin. I have for 15 years. I know you NFs like to ignore reality for your grand schemes, but my 15 year reality trumps your googled knowledge base.

You don't see the ADD trees for the pharmaceutical forest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INTP

Why am I unloading my frustration on stupid morons? It's like cruelty to animals. You don't kick a dog because it poops on your carpet. You lock it in the backyard.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Truth hurts, eh?