User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Thread: ISTP or ADD?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    There is much I do agree with you on.

But when you make statements about long-term effects, dependencies, etc, you are plain wrong.
    I have made no statements about long-term effects or dependencies without backing up those statements with direct links to WebMD or other medical sites.

As I have stated ad nauseum, I have taken 80 mg of Ritalin daily for 15 years. The dosage has never changed and the effect is always the same. I can stop taking it for months at a time with no side effects whatsoever. NONE. No depression, no cramps, no insomnia, nothing except for one thing: the lack of controlling my focus. Ritalin works in the ADD brain WAY different than in the non-ADD brain. Nor am I some superman exempt for these supposed long-term effects.
    I hear what you're saying, but the same could be said for any chemical substance. The fact that some people have little to no harmful effects from smoking is not to say that smoking is good for human bodies, or that it should be generally promoted as safe.

I am a 50--year old man living a very successful and fufilling life after having discovered ADD and Ritalin in my 30s. Prior to that my life was a living hell...and I tried suicide at age 14. That would not have happened if I had been diagnosed and properly medicated earlier. Nothing you say or any narcissistic doctor can say will ever change the facts of my life.
    I'm sorry to hear that, and can't begin to imagine the relief you've found after such a difficult life experience.

Your experiences are of mis-diagnosed children. Go to a ADD conference and spend time with those who have been correctly diagnosed and given correct medicine and whose lives have gone from black to white...ask them about the lack of side-effects and the ease of stopping meds at any time......THEN we can talk.
    I was a member of CHADD prior to some of my own experiences. We just don't agree. Which is cool.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Done.

MBTI
    INTP

You're already using this against me, so I will reveal a little of my thinking. You do this on purpose to send a message. Don't hire this guy to destory me, he's fucking crazy. Most people would never get this behavior because most people would not go out of their way to find and push these buttons.

Am I right?

Oh, and I don't want to destroy you. I not that unbelievably selfish. You sometimes push just the right buttons to make me say words that might allude to it. But it's all hot air.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Rumi, you kinda remind me of Jag..*ponders*
    The difference between an ISTP and an ENTJ , on an interaction level, is actually not that big. Both have Te in the ego block. It's just that one has Te as leading function, the other has Te as creative.

It is not worthwhile to convince either type that they are wrong when they are confident.

If you're interested however, you can stop an ISTP on its track when they're on a roll, by putting in an Ne-joke. Take one of the points and link it to another context in a humorous way. If you can link it to something Si related, it will be irresistible.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    It is not worthwhile to convince either type that they are wrong when they are confident.

Of course it is. The ISTP always stores away information...even that they consider to be incorrect...to be used later in case matters change.

So...definitely worthwhile to the ISTP....maybe not as worthwhile to the other frustrated party.

And yes, humor can be a track-stopper.

Just don't mess with my Ritalin!

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Of course it is. The ISTP always stores away information...even that they consider to be incorrect...to be used later in case matters change.

So...definitely worthwhile to the ISTP....maybe not as worthwhile to the other frustrated party.

And yes, humor can be a track-stopper.

Just don't mess with my Ritalin!
    Yeah, Yeah, you can have your Ritalin.

I'm fine with vitamins.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, you boys play nice now
    It was just an observation..and thanks for the tip..most of it I already knew though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, you boys play nice now
    It was just an observation..and thanks for the tip..most of it I already knew though
    As I would expect from an ENFP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Playing nice always seems a contradiction in terms.

MBTI
    INTP

Does this mean will continue to play dirty? Don't do that. This will take a turn for the worse.