First 3456 Last

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    If I were in an auditorium and the individual accompanying farted, I wouldn't stop to ask if it were them. I'd more likely say, "Well, why didn't you just go ahead and light it."
    Oh come on, play along. He used a lie as a self-defense mechanism.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Oh come on, play along. He used a lie as a self-defense mechanism.
    Ok, I'm game...

Lying about a fart? If it were in a humorous way, sure it'd be ok so long as
    the intent were to make light of the situation. Which is an admission.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't hang out with any dude that's hung about about farting.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Ok, I'm game...

Lying about a fart? If it were in a humorous way, sure it'd be ok so long as
    the intent were to make light of the situation. Which is an admission.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't hang out with any dude that's hung about about farting.
    Right, so you want something more serious.

A person who is very closed to you has broke your favorite [insert something here]. That thing is irreplaceable and s/he totally thinks you'll flare up about it (I guess you wouldn't but let's pretend that you do). Because that person value his/er relationship with you as the highest priority, s/he denied the incident when you asked.

Would that be okay?

Edit: I might be able to provide some concrete objects as well. Let's say the person broke your computer which you stored your food spreadsheet and internet bookmarks? I wonder if those are rage worthy enough for you.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Right, so you want something more serious.

A person who is very closed to you has broke your favorite [insert something here]. That thing is irreplaceable and s/he totally thinks you'll flare up about it (I guess you wouldn't but let's pretend that you do). Because that person value his/er relationship with you as the highest priority, s/he denied the incident when you asked.

Would that be okay?
    That's a difficult one for me to get my mind around. I'm a non-attachment kind of person when it comes to both people and material possessions in a Zen kind of way, but I'll give it a go.

Even though I wouldn't give a rats ass they broke it. Lying about it would demonstrate a lack of integrity.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm... I wonder what Heinel would do in those scenarios?

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

That's a difficult one for me to get my mind around. I'm a non-attachment kind of person when it comes to both people and material possessions in a Zen kind of way, but I'll give it a go.

Even though I wouldn't give a rats ass they broke it. Lying about it would demonstrate a lack of integrity.
    Yeah, I tried to think of something that can enrage Si and failed >.>
    Maybe withhold beer because you have to drive that person home after?

Anyway, the idea behind it was that I was trying to create a situation where lying is used as a self-defence, but as defence against you personally.

hmm... I wonder what Heinel would do in those scenarios?
    I wonder actually. Normally if I sense a person is "framing" a response I automatically drop the frame too, but I will still feel bad about it. And the person get minus points from me. If they accumulate too much minus then I will gradually become more distant.

MBTI
    ISTP

+1. I feel silly, but it's just about exactly how I feel about it
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

If I were in an auditorium and the individual accompanying farted, I wouldn't stop to ask if it were them. I'd more likely say, "Well, why didn't you just go ahead and light it."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

If someone crosses a line in which I would never cross I don't think my trust can be regaining in the realm in which they crossed it. The relationship can continue on in other dynamics. It is not completely dismissed it is just different.

I rarely treat people the same way twice. So much depends on what I know about the person. I've forgiven people for the same offenses that I've cut ties with others for. A lot depends on my interpretation of their character to begin with. How much I'm emotionally invested. Lots.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

LOL.
    Could be she wasn't really lying.

She said she had no money...possibly meaning she views her financial situation as not good...not that she didn't have an actual dollar bill in her pocket. NFs speak in these global terms.

Conversely, if an ISTP had said that she had no money, it would have meant they didn't have a physical dollar on them.

I have learned that if I confront them on the spot about the discrepancy, I can get a clearer idea about what she meant....THEN I can decide whether she ever gets another dime out of me.