User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 54

  1. #11
    Senior Member McRumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

    HOw does it work for ISTPs then?
    ISTPs normally don't show emotion...we actually have to fake it to make it easier for those we love...which doesn't mean the emotion isn't real, it's just introverted. So waiting for signs of remorse are futile.

    What you can look for is behavior...do they continue to do the same thing or is there a real change of behavior?

    ISTPs look for this as well..after all...all that really matters is what you do, not what you say. For ISTPs talk is not only cheap, it's worthless...unless its funny, then it's priceless.

    Unfortunately, ISTPs are not very sympathetic in front of jurors...they just don't show their emotions. And they are impatient to get on with life.

  2. #12
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    It's odd that.. I find that actions are often misinterpreted as the execution of said actions tends to be off sometimes. But the intention is what matters to me. I guess it's normal that for you it would be action that counts. But do you ever realize that maybe others, who aren't as good as you to be in the moment, to be the action, can therefore be falsely judged, because the execution of their intent wasn't done the way it should've been?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #13
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's odd that.. I find that actions are often misinterpreted as the execution of said actions tends to be off sometimes. But the intention is what matters to me. I guess it's normal that for you it would be action that counts. But do you ever realize that maybe others, who aren't as good as you to be in the moment, to be the action, can therefore be falsely judged, because the execution of their intent wasn't done the way it should've been?
    Basicall if I'm doing it, I mean it. Take it or leave it most of the time. I pretty much agree with what McRumi said in the last post. That's just how we go about it. I realize that some people want that verbal confirmation and (believe me!) I try with the people I care about. But words are just words, imo. You can say anything...but can you do it? Do you mean it enough to really do it? Now show me.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

  4. #14
    Senior Member McRumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's odd that.. I find that actions are often misinterpreted as the execution of said actions tends to be off sometimes. But the intention is what matters to me. I guess it's normal that for you it would be action that counts. But do you ever realize that maybe others, who aren't as good as you to be in the moment, to be the action, can therefore be falsely judged, because the execution of their intent wasn't done the way it should've been?
    Of course. Life isn't perfect.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    ISTPs normally don't show emotion...we actually have to fake it to make it easier for those we love...which doesn't mean the emotion isn't real, it's just introverted. So waiting for signs of remorse are futile.

    What you can look for is behavior...do they continue to do the same thing or is there a real change of behavior?

    ISTPs look for this as well..after all...all that really matters is what you do, not what you say. For ISTPs talk is not only cheap, it's worthless...unless its funny, then it's priceless.

    Unfortunately, ISTPs are not very sympathetic in front of jurors...they just don't show their emotions. And they are impatient to get on with life.
    You sound just like my wife in regards to ther bolded part. Are you sure your not LSI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oh I won't wait around for it..but it's essential to get me to trust you again. I can be friendly without though, but that's got it's limits

    If someone hasn't learned from their mistakes by realizing they made one in the first place and fessing up to it, showing that they realize it was wrong.... I mean, what's a confession without remorse? It's the acknowledgement that they did something. That doesn't mean that they acknowledge that action to be therefore also somethign that should not be repeated because it caused harm to someone. Some people may confess something, promising never to do it again, without actually showing remorse. That's fine, but without that acceptance of guilt, it means they're more likely to do it again, as they did not see it as something to be avoid, just something they agreed would not do around the other person again. And that's fine, I have several 'agreements' like this, where someone pointed out that my behavior bothers them. I'll try to work around it, make sure it doesn't bother them agian, but I'll refuse to share their belief that what I did was 'wrong'.

    When that is the case with another person, and I'm the one offended, I tend to try and understand where they come from, why they don't see it as a mistake and work around it. But I won't trust them again around that issue. Though I may very well do so on other matters

    How does it work for ISTPs then?
    I agree with this and when things hit the extreme go so far as to change what I believe to work around it. For an ISTP I change things logically instead of feelings. This is what it takes to keep me healthy in situations.

    In regard to my limit. Purposely screw me over and its done, you will wish you never met me or be glad something is keeping me from returning the favor. Think ESTP revenge driven by a tremendous amount of thought and logic. Everything else I agree with Amar and I am a pretty flexible person.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I agree with this and when things hit the extreme go so far as to change what I believe to work around it. For an ISTP I change things logically instead of feelings. This is what it takes to keep me healthy in situations.
    ok, the way a SLI brain works.

    thoughts "change things internally logically"
    thought pops up "mom(NFP) makes my son think"
    another thought pops up "NFPs are good at guiding people"
    final conclusion "NFP duality is because they can logically undue what the ISTp(SLI) does to themselves"
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #17
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's odd that.. I find that actions are often misinterpreted as the execution of said actions tends to be off sometimes. But the intention is what matters to me. I guess it's normal that for you it would be action that counts. But do you ever realize that maybe others, who aren't as good as you to be in the moment, to be the action, can therefore be falsely judged, because the execution of their intent wasn't done the way it should've been?

    I agree that intention is what matters but that comes from the heart and the easiest way to judge a person's heart is through their actions. Hense talk is cheap.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I agree that intention is what matters but that comes from the heart and the easiest way to judge a person's heart is through their actions. Hense talk is cheap.
    Talk before action is cheap, talk after action can show intention.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #19
    Senior Member McRumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Talk before action is cheap, talk after action can show intention.
    Talk/Action. It's all relative. The ISTP watches for patterns over a very long time. Which is why sometimes an ISTP can suddenly break off a long relationship seemingly out of nowhere...it's the final act after years of observing and small but pointed warnings. Conversely, soeone may foind out that an ISTP has liked them -a lot!-for many years and the person has no clue whatsoever.

    Which is why living non-judgmentally is always the best course. Assume the best unless you have rock-solid proof otherwise. THAT is the ISTP MO at it s best. We don't expect anyone else to understand it. Nor is their understanding necessary...only our own integrity.

    Life isn't fair. We know that. Nada problema.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Talk/Action. It's all relative. The ISTP watches for patterns over a very long time. Which is why sometimes an ISTP can suddenly break off a long relationship seemingly out of nowhere...it's the final act after years of observing and small but pointed warnings. Conversely, soeone may foind out that an ISTP has liked them -a lot!-for many years and the person has no clue whatsoever.

    Which is why living non-judgmentally is always the best course. Assume the best unless you have rock-solid proof otherwise. THAT is the ISTP MO at it s best. We don't expect anyone else to understand it. Nor is their understanding necessary...only our own integrity.

    Life isn't fair. We know that. Nada problema.
    We have obviously had to deal with much different problems in life. I grew up with my dual for 18 years, then have been with my conflicting pair for 11 or 12 years. I agree 100% an ISTP can suddenly break off a long term relationship seemingly out of no where, but you seem to miss the other side of the spectrum about intentions. This is the little twist that people put on actions and why they do them. This is what I believe drives the ENFP to ask themselves "why"(not always an external why), this is what drives the ENFJ into self-deception. This is what ISTPs look at without asking why. We first analyze the functional or objective side regardless of intention, then we will get to the intentions later. But honestly if the functional or objective side works then nada problema. Live and let live.

    My motto would be more along the lines of "you cant argue with what works"
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. You know you spend too much time on this forum when....
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  2. Does knowing too much about type end up biasing your test results?
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 12:19 PM
  3. Does a man know too much if he realizes he knows nothing at all?
    By Iriohm in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
  4. You know you spend too much time on Typ C....
    By Riva in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 03:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO