User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    <g> Non-ISTPers just miss out on all the ISTP humor.

So sad.
    Having a bunch of SP's in a room is more entertaining than any sitcom.

A window to the soul

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    hmm... it could be fun.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Mmm, share the wealth, girl...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    <g> Non-ISTPers just miss out on all the ISTP humor.

So sad.
    Well, there is a reason why you are conflicts, this is part of it.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    In a nutshell:
    Of course she should dismiss unhealthy feelings and NOT express them. What's the benefit??

...she needs to suck it up! Why? Because...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP has not suggested that there are any 'real' issues other than the insecurities that she entertains in her own mind and her subsequent need for constant verbal reassurance from her ISTP. Actions speak louder than words, but yet she's reaching out for words to reassure her. It's as if she's disregarding his actions completely; she doesn't mention them in her OP. Let's be realistic here, would words really be enough to satisfy someone who has some deep rooted emotional, insecurity issues? ..No!
    It seems like a possibly large assumption that she has deep seated, emotional insecurities which are the sole driving reason behind her search for reassurance, or spoken confirmation.

Words can most definitely make a difference when someone is concerned about something, especially when the actions that will also speak for her partner won't be coming very soon, but are more long term. Also, just because a problem is primarily felt by one partner and not at all by the other doesn't mean it isn't necessarily a valid one.

If I'm way off base with this, please provide me more facts about the ISTP's 'actions' that would justify the need for reassurance. ...and YES, 'feelers' can make fact-based decisions, rather than emotional-based decisions, when we want to and try.
    Yes, "Feelers" as a group are certainly capable of that. Words can give further perspective on another's actions, can add a layer of caring to what one is doing - just as knowing that a person loves another and shows it is wonderful, but hearing it can make an entirely different and equally meaningful impact... and both are necessary for the full effect to take hold.

As I said before, there are plenty of cuties in the sea and to the OP: if you don't have deep rooted insecurity issues, why force a square peg in a round hole and try to force morph a personality type to be something you want it to be, but it's inherently not. Man it sounds complicated!
    Ye spoke of how meeting halfway should be easy when with the right person - but there are situations when two very, truly different people come together and want to make it work, but have to figure how to be with each other. It's a weird set of circumstances to be in.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That would be like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest only more intense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    From the comments in this thread and the plethora of other ISTP threads, I do wonder why you all even feel a need for romantic relationships if you always want to be alone.
    Wow, that seems harsh to me. I'm not an ISTP, but I need a lot of alone time, too, and if somebody is intent on talking me to damn death all the time, or has to be up in my face all the time, and if we keep having the same discussion with the same outcome, I start getting tired of it and have the urge to flee. I don't understand the need to feel that there is constant striving going on and to always be working on it. I HAVE a full time job... Realizing that there are some things about your partner that you don't find ideal but/and you still love them is really nice. Some relationship problems cannot be resolved. You have to learn to respect the differences and let the small stuff go, no?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

What I find interesting and curious is that you rarely see an SP in the other forums, but the other types are always over here in SP land. This mirrors the situation in the non-cyber world. It' s not that ISTPs want to be alone, it's that we just ARE alone..it's our natural way of being...and we welcome others as long as they don't block the door and keep the chatter to a minimum.

Unlike the other types, we never bought the "soul mate" hokum that Hollywood has manufactured to great profit. We're quite content on our own...which is why we don't wander over to the other forums, but are happy to host visitors here.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

^I have to say I generally perfer to hang out in the SP section but in RL most of my friends are NF.

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    I don't think anyone could "revel" in being an ENFJ for any good length of time. Though I am very glad to be who I am, it is a very difficult way of approaching the world.
    What do you find difficult about it?