User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That's interesting...for the brief periods I'd do sales, damn good at it. Outsold all of the E types in the sample group. Mobility factor is appealing for that type of work, but not so sure I'd want to do it beyond a short term.

Like selling my own stuff, or a product I helped create would be cool.

Driving around pimping pills with a gazillion warnings on the label to Doctors offices...no can do.
    I bartended at a pretty busy bar and enjoyed it and was good at it. Hustle and bustle. Banter. Quick camaraderie then off to a new customer.

But those times when it was slow...

so much of an energy drain to talk to people.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I bartended at a pretty busy bar and enjoyed it and was good at it. Hustle and bustle. Banter. Quick camaraderie then off to a new customer.

yes, "energy drain" If I have to socialize for an extended period I get "overstimulated."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I was a drink waiter at a disco bar in my dissolute youth..perfect job...when I wasn't serving drinks i could just dance...ISTPs are performers at heart...didn't have to chat with anyone when it was slow and it was too loud to chat when it was busy...plus i was in constant motion. Navigating through the crowd with a tray full of drinks: poetry in motion.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Hadn't thought of it quite like that, "performers at heart."

Myself included, I'd guess male ISTP's are among the few Introverts that like to dance. Although I'm not sure it's universal?

But I'd wager the one's that don't would enjoy some other form of co-ordinated movement like karate or something.

hmm...maybe ISFP's too.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I always thought I'd be a good bartender... except for that whole A.D.D., not liking unfamiliar people, forgetfulness thing. ... Oh wait, this is off topic.

Um... it seems like y'all have covered a lot of ground, and I feel like I'm a broken record in all of these relationship/ISTP threads lately. -And- I'm not really the person to get advice on for this topic. But just FYI, silence from us could mean anything. We frequently use it as a universal answer to everything. So you shouldn't automatically take it as a negative thing. We use actions more than words/absence of words. Such as simply running/walking away from you.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I always thought I'd be a good bartender... except for that whole A.D.D., not liking unfamiliar people, forgetfulness thing. ... Oh wait, this is off topic.

Um... it seems like y'all have covered a lot of ground, and I feel like I'm a broken record in all of these relationship/ISTP threads lately. -And- I'm not really the person to get advice on for this topic. But just FYI, silence from us could mean anything. We frequently use it as a universal answer to everything. So you shouldn't automatically take it as a negative thing. We use actions more than words/absence of words. Such as simply running/walking away from you.
    I've been on Ritalin for years. ISTP, ADD.
    But agree with the bartender thing...not only forgetting how to make drinks but wanting to change em up all the time....and trying to remember names...oy! Waiter MUCH better....more performance art.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Hadn't thought of it quite like that, "performers at heart."

Myself included, I'd guess male ISTP's are among the few Introverts that like to dance. Although I'm not sure it's universal?

But I'd wager the one's that don't would enjoy some other form of co-ordinated movement like karate or something.
    Absolutely.

And we ROCK at racquetball!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Absolutely.

And we ROCK at racquetball!
    racquetball was a favorite pass time for several years...

I don't even know where a court is now...doesn't seem to be as many of them around these parts at least anymore.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

racquetball was a favorite pass time for several years...

I don't even know where a court is now...doesn't seem to be as many of them around these parts at least anymore.
    I miss it.

MBTI
    STP

I would love to bartend. I could see myself as the one who does all the tricks with the bottles and glasses. But yes the talking part and the banter would get draining.
    Im out, its been fun