• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and Change

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Curious as to how often and how well SP's make changes in life.

Any frequent movers? job changers? car traders? Relationship changers?

Just general restlessness...

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty frequent mover. Frequent relationship changer in the sense that I frequently change the actual relationship not necessarily the person. I go with the flow too much and suddenly realize people are closer to me than I wanted. Then I take several steps back. I have frequently changing interests as well.

Yeah, I need to mix things up a lot for my sanity. Monotony is my worst nightmare.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've moved 12 times and I'm only 19. This means 12 different cities.
I've learned to get over it and just do it. I do hate it though because I've never had a best friend or people that are my base. I'm always the new person and its horrible.
I've been a loner my whole life, on my own lonely adventure.

sigh....

wolfy

awsm
I change around more than others, less than some others. I'm probably a little more restless than most but there are people I know more restless than me.

I've moved countries a few times. If I had a choice I think moving often would be good. I've always thought it nice for things to change but for things to always be the same.

Like Jackie Chan's stunt crew. Always the same crew, different movie, different place. Same thing yet not the same.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I have a seriously bad case of wanderlust nearly all of the time. My dream is to walk the Appalachian trail and see and touch something different every day... or go to Machu Picchu and see the Inca buildings and how they have stayed structurally sound despite being built with no mortar whatsoever (just pieces put together like a jigsaw puzzle). I was really happy during the summer of 2008, when I was walking with the "Witness Against War" group from Chicago to Saint Paul, Minnesota. It was great to be in a different town almost every day, meeting different people, hearing their stories, exploring different scenery from big cities to farmland.
So... I guess that qualifies as just general restlessness.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I've moved 12 times and I'm only 19. This means 12 different cities.
I've learned to get over it and just do it. I do hate it though because I've never had a best friend or people that are my base. I'm always the new person and its horrible.
I've been a loner my whole life, on my own lonely adventure.

sigh....

Loner High Five!~:hi:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agreed, but wait, if we stick together then we won't be loners anymore? :huh:

Er... how unfortunate.
There has to be some way around that rule.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, we need an address for the rehab centre. In case people ask.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kind of wondered about that type of element, in that I've moved almost yearly even in the same city...excepting periods where other things in life were changing.

Since 2000, I've had five different cars which is really stupid in that one loses so much in trading so frequently. Jobs well my profession is kind of stable/unstable...IT jobs are more process/structure oriented...in source, out source, complete the refresh cycle, das boot!

Most similar person I know, does the same thing. It's kind of funny in that we'd help each other move almost every year. And trade cars as frequently, etc.

I'm not so sure what's up with just moving? I do enjoy figuring out where everything will go, just visualizing? Don't think it's really that I have any expectation moving will make something or another different at all? Gosh knows I've lived in three other states and about six or seven different cities within the current state.

We always follow ourselves so I'm pretty ding dang sure that can't be it.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's post...and looking forward to seeing more from other SP's and non-SP types.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At my house, in the the living room. With the lights off of coarse.
:newwink:

Don't mind me :D

New av' looks really nice..more "present" and without knowing you I'd guess more flatteringly representative.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
hmmm never moved alot growing up although now that I moved across country I love it out west! I'm debating on where to go next...my guess is i'll be heading to California at somepoint since I love it there...but I have to go where the work is! No sense in being unemployed just to live somewhere new I gotta have money coming in to pay the bills!!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Skipping all the replies for the moment...

I just moved here to Seattle a couple months ago without a hitch. I didn't even know where I was gonna stay for sure until I got here, and had to open a checking account without using checks from my old bank back home, and also had to borrow money from my parents to even pay the first month's rent. Also had to find a job, and between that and friends sending me money, I've not only made it but come out way on top. (Yes, I consider all that to be without a "hitch" ;))

I got into a relationship a few weeks ago which started developing very rapidly, only for me to suddenly just break it off one day. I just woke up and realized that it wasn't working for me.

I really suck at my current job and it seemed like no one wanted me there so I decided I would start looking for another. All of a sudden and without even knowing my situation my roommate told me he would hire me for a way better paying job. I immediately put my two weeks in at my job, only for them to suggest that I stay on for weekends which I immediately agreed to.

I'm sure plenty of other examples will occur to me later. Basically I take each moment as it comes and I don't hold any expectations for tomorrow. If something doesn't work out I shrug my shoulders, forget about it, and find another option.

It's the only way to live in my most humble opinion. ;) :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty frequent mover. Frequent relationship changer in the sense that I frequently change the actual relationship not necessarily the person. I go with the flow too much and suddenly realize people are closer to me than I wanted. Then I take several steps back. I have frequently changing interests as well.

Yeah, I need to mix things up a lot for my sanity. Monotony is my worst nightmare.

I match this pretty good. I agree with what is said about suddenly realizing people are closer to me then I wanted. Can you elaborate on this? With me its something I can see and with me I act dumb to avoid leading them on anymore. I have seen smiles that to me scream "I love you"(not infatuation, but love) and I play dumb. Other times someone will say something to me and I start to think about what they say and realize how much I feel about them that I missed because I do live in the moment.

I like to keep things changing, but it doesnt have to be moving, changing jobs, changing people. Its more just changing the dynamics. I can lay in bed talking, have some fun, help them out, problem solve, dig emotionally. I try to become a jack of all trades personality wise. I am like an ESTP, except I have this drive to be perfect in regards to this. I will let it all lose and "practice" so to say around those I feel comfortable as opposed to how ESTPs do this with society.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
In college I moved apartments every year. Now that I've got a real job, I'm kinda stuck. My apartment is alright, but I'm actually in the process of buying a house here. If it were up to me, I'd definitely move every couple of years. But like JRT said, there's no point in moving without a job. I need steady income 'cause I'm terrible at saving up.

My friends do change a lot. I feel like I just get tired of them and move on to someone else. My interests change a little bit too, but I feel like there's a theme with them - exciting or fascinating. I've always liked building things and putting stuff together (erector sets ftw!).

I also moved a few times throughout my life that made me be the new kid. When I was 5 we moved to a different country, then when I was in 6th grade I changed schools, then in 11th grade I changed school again, then I moved back to the US for college and finally I moved states for the job. I feel like each of those moves made me not care for maintaining relationships with my friends. Honestly, I think that hurt my ability to really stay friends with people for more than a couple of years.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.