User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah. I'd just say any friendship was a side benefit and not my main priority. Come to think of it, whenever I initiate contact with someone it's because of a common interest.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post

Yeah. I'd just say any friendship was a side benefit and not my main priority. Come to think of it, whenever I initiate contact with someone it's because of a common interest.
    You know (to keep it on topic) you are a beautiful women, so how hard is it to 'manipulate' men anyways?

MBTI
    STP

Stick me around a table of people I dont know and I am bored. Stick me with someone who has a common interest and I will talk, put me in a place where the common interest is put into practice like actually 4 wheeling and I will have some fun.

I need to be moving and thinking and pushing myself. The definition of stunt man.

Me and my wifes brother spent alot of time together while we were both into the same thing, as our interests changed so did the time we hang out.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    You know (to keep it on topic) you are a beautiful women, so how hard is it to 'manipulate' men anyways?
    Thanks

I don't think you have to be especially attractive to manipulate anyone. How many marks are there in the world? Lots. There's no real challenge in using or manipulating someone. There's always someone who will fall for anything.

I'm thinking of gold diggers and trophy wives. I despise that. Just as I despise the men who fall for it but that's another topic. It's like the women are living half a life. Giving up their independence for money. Might as well get a lobotomy and a bottle of lube and settle in to the rest of your life.

Maybe looks will get your foot in the door (of that I'm aware) but I'm not especially skilled at keeping someone eating out of my hand. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered by the responsibility of another person's expectations nor do I desire their demands on my time.

My last post is probably the most "manipulation" I do. Yet, I never asked that person to do me any favors. I simply read him correctly and knew he'd share his hobby with me once he learned that I shared it too. *shrug*

Therein, lies the crux of manipulation. Good or bad. A person has to invest TIME and ENERGY into others. To get something from someone you have to make them feel good. You have to make them feel so special by your presence that they will give you things they wouldn't normally give. I'll leave this to the ESTP's, ENFP's and ENFJ's. They do this very well naturally.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Stick me around a table of people I dont know and I am bored. Stick me with someone who has a common interest and I will talk, put me in a place where the common interest is put into practice like actually 4 wheeling and I will have some fun.
    so you find it much easier to connect when you are actively sharing a common interest? i guess i do too, usually.

but then, i like to just talk if we have similar ways of expressing ourselves, a conversational groove we can fall into. if that is the case, then Bam! it is like a runaway freight train, even if we are doing something very boring. i think that is an enneagram sx type thing.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I would say I'm exceptionally bad at manipulating people, actually (though I'm not sure I've consiously tried, I have a fuzzy idea of what it means). Can't speak for other stps though, and I believe Estps, like entps, are very talented at this. Fe would probably be useful for this, and mine is not the greatest.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks

I don't think you have to be especially attractive to manipulate anyone. How many marks are there in the world? Lots. There's no real challenge in using or manipulating someone. There's always someone who will fall for anything.

I'm thinking of gold diggers and trophy wives. I despise that. Just as I despise the men who fall for it but that's another topic. It's like the women are living half a life. Giving up their independence for money. Might as well get a lobotomy and a bottle of lube and settle in to the rest of your life.

Maybe looks will get your foot in the door (of that I'm aware) but I'm not especially skilled at keeping someone eating out of my hand. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered by the responsibility of another person's expectations nor do I desire their demands on my time.

My last post is probably the most "manipulation" I do. Yet, I never asked that person to do me any favors. I simply read him correctly and knew he'd share his hobby with me once he learned that I shared it too. *shrug*

Therein, lies the crux of manipulation. Good or bad. A person has to invest TIME and ENERGY into others. To get something from someone you have to make them feel good. You have to make them feel so special by your presence that they will give you things they wouldn't normally give. I'll leave this to the ESTP's, ENFP's and ENFJ's. They do this very well naturally.
    Perhaps an SP motto would read "independance and freedom". And I understand not being able to bother with keeping people eating out of your hand. Too much work. I see manipulation negatively, as a deep insecurity, mostly as people who are afraid if they ask directly that they will not get their needs met.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

but I'm not especially skilled at keeping someone eating out of my hand. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered by the responsibility of another person's expectations nor do I desire their demands on my time.
    yeah, i am the same way.

but it seems like a lot of the people who are the most successful with that are people who don't try, have you noticed that? very charming people who don't try, whose natural charisma keeps others coming back for more.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    yeah, i am the same way.

but it seems like a lot of the people who are the most successful with that are people who don't try, have you noticed that? very charming people who don't try, whose natural charisma keeps others coming back for more.
    I would say I am not a people person at all, yet people like my company for down time, personal time, etc. Just to hang out with, talk to, help them, etc. I can and will do anything by myself, yet people I know like to tag along with me and like my company. I notice this especially with SFP, NFP, and STP types, not so much NTPs.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My response is an effect, above is the cause

My examples I used are real life examples of when this was used to steer and "try" to manipulate the balls out of someones actions.

Let me give you an example of my manipulation to get what I want. Its called doing things for others. You would be suprised at how much you can "manipulate" others by making them want to do it. The way I test how much manipulation or control I have is to ask them to do something that I want, but it will never be anything they dont like doing, just something they dont normally do. I also can tell by what they do that they dont normally do without my asking.

You truly have someone by the "balls" when they do it without asking, now figure out how to get them to want to. I promise you its much harder then some Jedi Knight force, takes alot more effort. Thats why I dont like the term "manipulation", but it truly is "manipulation".
    There are many ways to manipulate someone. I enjoy many manipulation techniques. I don't limit myself to only manipulating other's with what you may call "good" manipulation. Whether something is good or bad is too subjective to worry about. In the "end", good and bad cease to exist.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”