User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Sometimes I don't get you dude. You're like an F on estrogen.
    No, Poki is an ISTP who uses Fe in an utterly beautiful way. Well maybe not that butt sucking part....

At 55 my ISTP mom-in-law uses so much Fe, I was avoiding her. She made me want to unleash Te hellfire upon her...

At 33 my ISTP ex shows massive Fe towards his kids and me or the few others he cares about. For him it is simple but strong when it happens.

Fi scares the shit out of him though. He is very wary of it.

haha, little ISTPs, one day you will also be sweet

MBTI
    STP

lol, I protect Fi. Its one thing to be F another to protect F. Welcome to Fe and Se gone wild. Its my weak function which means I can use it, but sometimes it just gets out of control and turns to the dark side

In this world we have "who people are" and "who people want to be". Se is about what is real, what is concrete, who someone is. Ne is about who someone wants to be or who someone is trying to be, etc.

Its one thing to know who someone wants to be and manipulate them based on what they want, its another thing completely to be able to see who someone is. If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen

Its one thing to zing someone another to take a swing at who they are, know the difference please.

edit: sorry I will try to control myself.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Maybe these ESTPs are weird-but they all keep lying. Three are "close friends" yet lie about each other, and to each other, and to me, all the time. They admit freely they lie and then seem confused when I catch them lying to me. They assume others "will just figure it out" and react accordingly to the lie that everyone knows is a lie. They also talk trash about each other and harshly criticize each other to me in one on one convos, yet claim to be "close".

I distanced myself from them as I cant understand them. I care for them, but I cant figure out what to believe anymore-meaning I follow the default of believe nothing they say.
    HP, I'm glad you say this.

This is pretty much off topic but I'm convinced there are a lot of ExTPs (and TPs in general) out that due to tertiary Fe are being mistyped as manipulative ExFJs and ExFJs are taking the fall.

I can tell you one thing: ExFJs are more likely to dissolve into histrionics and theatrics than the nonchalant, play-or-be-played attitude that you've described. I've seen one ESTP female cry a river of tears and then turn around and wink.

I've always thought SPs were the group most attuned to things like this anyways, so...
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    HP, I'm glad you say this.

This is pretty much off topic but I'm convinced there are a lot of ExTPs (and TPs in general) out that due to tertiary Fe are being mistyped as manipulative ExFJs and ExFJs are taking the fall.

I can tell you one thing: ExFJs are more likely to dissolve into histrionics and theatrics than the nonchalant, play-or-be-played attitude that you've described. I've seen one ESTP female cry a river of tears and then turn around and wink.

I've always thought SPs were the group most attuned to things like this anyways, so...
    I have always thought that an unhealthy P comes across as J, but to take it one step farther I think an unhealthy TP can easily come across as mean FJ. So yes I will agree with what you say. Its our inferior shadow.

I also wonder if with an ENFJ beside an ISTP I can work on my inferior functions without having to worrying about my other 4 functions and vice versa.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    No, Poki is an ISTP who uses Fe in an utterly beautiful way. Well maybe not that butt sucking part....

At 55 my ISTP mom-in-law uses so much Fe, I was avoiding her. She made me want to unleash Te hellfire upon her...

At 33 my ISTP ex shows massive Fe towards his kids and me or the few others he cares about. For him it is simple but strong when it happens.

Fi scares the shit out of him though. He is very wary of it.

haha, little ISTPs, one day you will also be sweet
    I suppose Fe could look a lot like psychological projection?

MBTI
    STP

I suppose Fe could look a lot like psychological projection?
    Which part is projection? Im curious what you see about me within what I posted.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Which part is projection? Im curious what you see about me within what I posted.
    Honestly, nada...as in not a damn thing.

MBTI
    STP

Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselvesa strong sense of their own identity.
    I dont think you will ever GET me, but this is a start
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Oh, oh, oh...I just want to hug and snuggle this thread. So many xSTPs in one place! Woot!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I know, it's like christmas...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”