User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    STP

ok, to give one example of an ISTP "manipulation" is to do or say something that will cause feelings or thoughts in the other person. In order to do this we must know exactly how the person feels and or thinks. We are always learning them as they grow.

It really stresses me to do this in a hurtful way. I know what will cut the deepest.

If someone changes to fast it really screws me up.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    XXFP

Re-reading the OP, the question(s) (implicit) seem to be:

- Do ISTPs take just things apart for analysis, or people too?

Well that's an easy question. People are one sub-type of the larger category things. So, yes. The answer is yes.

moving along...

- Are ISTP's sneaky little bastards?

Another easy question. Maybe.

- Do ISTP's get away with it because they are sneaky little bastards?

Based on above response, than maybe. If answer to above is yes, than answer to this question is maybe. If answer to above is no, than answer to this question is maybe.

Anything else to be clarified?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP

I, for one, am terrible at reading people, in general. This is because, I'd actually have to pay attention to them, which consumes quite a lot of energy. If I know I'm going to have to interact with someone new, I'll attempt to speed read them to determine their personality type. This way I know how to communicate (intuit or sensing), but that's about as far as I'll go. Over the years, I've found that SFP's are the best at observing and reading people. For me, I'd rather observe something like a 1964 Thunderbolt Fairlane, or a 1947 Knucklehead - that's much more interesting.

As for manipulating people; I tend to just lead by example, rather than actually steer people in a particular direction. I will occasionally force my way of doing something on those around me, if I see fit. Any other form of manipulation takes too much energy, though.

Regarding poking fun at people; I generally limit this to SP's and STJ's. The other types tend to offend easily, or take me wrong.

As for analytical thought; intuits are great a analyzing the big picture, while us sensors are best at analyzing the details. It just depends on what you need. As a person ages, however, they learn how to do both. My intuition started surfacing when I was in my 30's, and it was an eye-opening experience. For the first time, I was able to see more of the big picture and to better see into future. It's pretty cool, so don't knock it until you've tried it.

Troy

If you separate living things and nonliving things, as is usually done in most disciplines(religious, scientific or other) and then you further separate living things into flora and fauna(as is done in most disciplines concerned with living things) and then you further separate fauna into primate and non-primate and then separate primates by species and then...and.......and...and then......

Keep in mind that there are other suitable synonyms for every word I have typed in this post, including separate.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    If you separate living things and nonliving things, as is usually done in most disciplines(religious, scientific or other) and then you further separate living things into flora and fauna(as is done in most disciplines concerned with living things) and then you further separate fauna into primate and non-primate and then separate primates by species and then...and.......and...and then......

Keep in mind that there are other suitable synonyms for every word I have typed in this post, including separate.
    but what are you trying to get at?

that it is over-segmentation and unhealthy?
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

Permabanned

I think if an F has the ability to analyze non living and materialistic things, then a T has the ability to analyze and read living things and relationships.

I was just noticing how bamboo was recombining things and people when, in the original quote in the op, thing was not clearly being used as a category for both non-human things and humans. My unintentional point was: everything is a thing and the only way we can communicate about a certain thing is if we divide things in to useful categories.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think if an F has the ability to analyze non living and materialistic things, then a T has the ability to analyze and read living things and relationships.

Unless you're 100% F or 100% T(in which case you're probably in an insane asylum or dead) you have the ability to do both. This is the major con to worshiping under the MBTI religion: "only T's can do this, only F's can do that.", "I'm right, you're wrong", "meow - bark". Comprehension is key.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

oh, good topic!

Yes, I can be a sneaky little bastard. People in a social or organizational setting are just another system, my mind automatically picks apart and pieces together how it works. There's no consious effort involved at all.

I don't like using that ability, in that I don't desire to manipulate a situation unless someone f*'s with me or pisses me off. Manipulation and control is not only boring, it's a strong aversion.

But if someone is stupid enough to f* with me...Most of the time, they never even see the big ole' bus coming. Until there's tread marks on their face. My closest ISTP friend is exactly the same way...

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Hm, the ISTP I knew was pretty good at steering conversation, but I was definitely better. Let's face it, you ISTPs are way better at mechanical steering than we ESTPs, but we are still the cream of the crop when it comes to social maneuvering. People don't even suspect it with us. You guys still get sweaty palms in crowds sometimes.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]