User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't see why though. Everybody needs to express themselves in the world. And that takes extroversion.
    yeah, i think so too. i think everbody is a little extroverted and introverted.
    but very extreme introverted people seem to be more uneasy in social settings and enjoy it less, and extremely extroverted people seem to be more at ease socializing and enjoy it more.

it seems like personal development comes from expressing what doesn't come naturally, and ease and peace of mind comes from what's natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    yeah, i think so too. i think everbody is a little extroverted and introverted.
    but very extreme introverted people seem to be more uneasy in social settings and enjoy it less, and extremely extroverted people seem to be more at ease socializing and enjoy it more.

it seems like personal development comes from expressing what doesn't come naturally, and ease and peace of mind comes from what's natural.
    I guess it does depend on how extroverted/introverted you are. In the more general sense of the word I am fairly ambiverted. And I have a strong desire to express myself on the world, maybe at the world, or even in the world. It seems like a waste to leave it in my mind.

So in my mind my history is littered with attempts to do so.

Don't you think things are going to have to manifest as a physical reality to satisfy you? I do. I want something to produce something that is real.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I agree.
    We all need to express ourselves. It's good to have someone there to hear it and to respond. I like the sharing and the give and take of a conversation.
    Also, I really like an audience. I sing in several choral groups and music is best expressed to an audience. It is a different way to share a message of hope or of sadness or of joy. It is OK with me if the audience is very small, just a few individuals. Then the setting becomes intimate and I feel as if, as a member of the choral group, I am part of offering a special gift to those few people who came.
    Most of the tests indicate that I am an introvert but, no, I don't gain any energy from being alone. I know my own stories. I want to hear other people's stories. It is that connection that gives me energy.
    Anyone else feel this way?

I don't see why though. Everybody needs to express themselves in the world. And that takes extroversion.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

brainheart

I need a good balance. I wish I felt more comfortable sharing myself with others via performing music, writing, art, etc. I have the need but fear my contributions will not be perfect, so I refrain...

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Oh, Brainheart, your contributions don't have to be perfect. They are your gift, and it's ok if they are imperfect. As you create more, you will grow as an artist and your contributions will reflect that.
    But it's ok to feel a little scared.
    Please know that I am here to support you at any time that you wish to open up your wings and fly like a butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I need a good balance. I wish I felt more comfortable sharing myself with others via performing music, writing, art, etc. I have the need but fear my contributions will not be perfect, so I refrain...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

brainheart

Thanks. Of this I am aware, and I didn't used to feel this way. Call it a lapse in creating and letting it out. I'm a bit rusty and have been silent for a long while.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

When I am very extroverted I think I am very much putting on a show, performing. So maybe esfp.
    Yes. When I am teaching or lecturing I am concious that I must be engaging in an "inspiring" role....I want to keep the interest and energy level up. So I consider this aspect not as a preference per se, but as part of a task that demands certain things...So I seem extroverted and I am as part of another overarching goal of wanting to help others find skills and gain knowledge. Perhaps Wolfy experinces this if he does any personal training?
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

brainheart

When you are extroverting, your extroverted function comes out to play, which is why you'd look or behave like an esfp vs your typical isfp self. I know when I'm out and about, imbibing and what not, I can be very much 'look at me, look at me!' or behave like a stand-up comic. But that happens far less frequently than my usual introverted self.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    +1

Well put.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance