Thread: ISTP Quirks

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default ISTP Quirks

In attempt to derail the romantic and/or deep threads regarding ISTPs lately, I figured I'd make a silly one.

What are some of your quirks, guys and gals?

Here's one that was brought to my attention yesterday... I have a tendency to stop whatever it is I'm doing in order to investigate any curiosity immediately on my mind. I noticed this when I was hanging out with a friend at his place yesterday. We were having a pretty in-depth conversation when a song I really like came on. He paused and asked what I thought it meant. That's when my thought process diverged and I suddenly remembered: "Crap! I've been meaning to Google that for ages!" ... and then completely forgot the conversation I was having to investigate the meaning of this song.

That's when he goes: "Hm... why do you do that [Generally referring to said quirk]?" I responded: "Because I know I'll forget to do it later, and then I'll be in a place where I can't look it up next time I hear it, and think, 'CRAP! I keep meaning to look it up!' ... and forget till the cycle repeats itself." His response: "But why now?" Me: "Because you brought it to my immediate attention and I figure I have all the available resources I need to solve it, so I don't see why not now." He paused then says, "But why don't you just write down a list? .... Oh wait, that's too much effort (He understands my constant weighing of effort vs. benefits)."

... I suppose I should work on that... at least when in mid conversation. Anyways. Humor me! I need more quirks brought to my attention.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

I drive my wife nuts because I derail things so often then I forget what I was doing in the first place. I have a serious problem with getting side tracked and distracted. If I dont do it now I will forget later. This causes me to do things at the most random times because I thought about it.

I honestly think this is how a person who is in the moment learns to deal with it and work around it.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

One of my quirks is that I am a big kid not only at heart, but in person. I got yelled at list night because me and me niece were chunking stuffed animals at each other and she hit the blinds. Also me and my wife were sitting there contemplating which nerf guns to get because I wanted to have a nerf gun war with the same niece. Which you know what, leads to throwing things at each other and getting yelled at because we hit something or someone. Adults always seem to ruin fun, lol.

Life is fun, live it up.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Big kids...lol

Yup

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    One of my quirks is that I am a big kid not only at heart, but in person. I got yelled at list night because me and me niece were chunking stuffed animals at each other and she hit the blinds. Also me and my wife were sitting there contemplating which nerf guns to get because I wanted to have a nerf gun war with the same niece. Which you know what, leads to throwing things at each other and getting yelled at because we hit something or someone. Adults always seem to ruin fun, lol.

Life is fun, live it up.
    Dude! My wife and I are getting the NERF swords. Go to Wal-Mart and buy two of them as they are only $10 a piece. They even sell a huge two hander (its a one hander if you're a big guy, Heh!) for only $20. Much fun in NERF barbarism!

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Dude! My wife and I are getting the NERF swords. Go to Wal-Mart and buy two of them as they are only $10 a piece. They even sell a huge two hander (its a one hander if you're a big guy, Heh!) for only $20. Much fun in NERF barbarism!
    Have you ever found nunchucks. I would go for NERF ninjitsu

They need to bring out a NERF - Bruce Lee line of toys.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx