• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP/ENFP just a theory?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
do you guys think this couple would make a good match?
I have not been with an ISTP, but socionic theory says its great!
Im not sure why.

Any real life experiences?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is all just a theory.

And yes, ISTPs would be your duals. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's great. i'm in a new relationship with one, and i LOVE it. i think there is another thread on this somewhere... i would do a search. i remember CC talking about her experiences with an istp.

my istp is laidback, relaxed and doesn't take any of my emotional tirades to heart. he just sort of rolls with the punches, laughs at me and enjoys my company. he's also really deep and interesting--which surprised me at first cause i thought he would be so "in the moment" that he wouldn't wonder about things he could not see... on the contrary! he likes picking my brain about things and asks a lot of questions.

he's also good for adventures and is spontaneous like me! whee!

and, also surprisingly, it seems he wants to be around me as much as i want to be around him. i thought istps were known for their need for space, but this one doesn't really need it anymore than i do. could just be cause he likes me though. i get the sense he doesn't spend time with many people.

it's a low pressure relationship, feels more like a friendship at times, but is really a lot of fun. i think the only downside might be the fact that neither of us will pay bills on time... and him being more introverted than me. although, again, he has stepped up to the plate and met all of my crazy friends (which could just be him trying to make a good first impression since the relationship is new).

jixmixfix

Permabanned
it's great. i'm in a new relationship with one, and i LOVE it. i think there is another thread on this somewhere... i would do a search. i remember CC talking about her experiences with an istp.

my istp is laidback, relaxed and doesn't take any of my emotional tirades to heart. he just sort of rolls with the punches, laughs at me and enjoys my company. he's also really deep and interesting--which surprised me at first cause i thought he would be so "in the moment" that he wouldn't wonder about things he could not see... on the contrary! he likes picking my brain about things and asks a lot of questions.

and, also surprisingly, it seems he wants to be around me as much as i want to be around him. i thought istps were known for their need for space, but this one doesn't really need it anymore than i do. could just be cause he likes me though. i get the sense he doesn't spend time with many people.

it's a low pressure relationship, feels more like a friendship at times, but is really a lot of fun. i think the only downside might be the fact that neither of us will pay bills on time... and him being more introverted than me. although, again, he has stepped up to the plate and met all of my crazy friends (which could just be him trying to make a good first impression since the relationship is new).

you sure he's not INTP?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think what suprises people the most are what you can figure out just by what you see, hear, etc. the concrete things. I dont think people realize how much there is to see. Its different than listening to someone teach like a DIY channel. Its making all sorts of connections with past and present just from things you take in everyday real time in the moment. That seems to be what my perception of N is.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im not sure why.

In theory, we complete you:D Together we hold the power of all 8 functions in our hand. We can control the universe :D

Simplified I can make your crazy dreams a reality, or atleast have fun trying. Or maybe I can convince you of being able to attempt my crazy ideas and you will appease me by saying yes :huh:

My idea of mounting a tv that raises with the push of a button so I can hide the cable box, etc behind it was shot down :(

Think INTP that wants to build the things they dream up. So we dont come up with as much, but we want to bring the idea into reality just to say we did it.

You: get your crazy dreams
Me: get to have fun trying to complete crazy projects

Or is it

You: get to laugh at my crazy project
Me: gets to realize I really suck at this as I step back and say "what the hell happened" maybe next time I should create a plan, here is what you want :hangs head in shame: its functional and heres how it works.

:D:D:D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is a good match but a potentially tricky one. (I've dated two ENFP's)

There's a lot of things that can go wrong naturally between the two types.

ENFP's seem to like to push boundaries (in others). They like to test people in order to figure them out. ISTP's tend to like to push their own boundaries. They like to test themselves. The ENFP's I've dealt with do this in a really subtle way but I think ISTP's see through this pretty well and if we don't like where you're pushing and we've expressed this and it continues to happen then the dynamic can deteriorate.

There's also a lot of common ground that if in synch and if the above problems can be negotiated these types can match up beautifully.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't think it's strange that he wants to spend time with you. If I'm with someone who I feel *no* pressure with then I become like an elastic band. I never stretch out fully because the person on the other end holding it is never pulling. So there's not as much need for so much space because there is no tension. Which, is why it also feels like a friendship.

With more volatile (not in a bad way) or charged relationships I guarantee he would need a lot more space!

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Im not sure why.

It's better not to lump the two theories together. The way the two theories type people is not the same. An ISTp in socionics is not an ISTP in MBTI.

That said, any type can work well together if they are both willing to see things from the other's perspective.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
It's better not to lump the two theories together. The way the two theories type people is not the same. An ISTp in socionics is not an ISTP in MBTI.

That said, any type can work well together if they are both willing to see things from the other's perspective.

Than what is it?

Come on, its the same.
ISTp is ISTP?
They just say its not the same to set themselves apart...ohh yes your right its a little p
ISTp ISTP that is the difference.

What is it then?

Waiting for your bs answer, supported by bs evidence...
lol!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Than what is it?

Come on, its the same.
ISTp is ISTP?
They just say its not the same to set themselves apart...ohh yes your right its a little p
ISTp ISTP that is the difference.

What is it then?

Waiting for your bs answer, supported by bs evidence...
lol!

Are you talking about my little P? Thems fightin words chica. My Pness is very pronounced. I swear it wasnt me who started the term Pness for P types.

lol, I like you :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So are you an ISTj in socionics? Or are you one of the few that claim to be ISTP in both just like everyone else on here?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting that you feel the need to clarify that...If I weren't a lady I'd demand proof :D

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
ISTPs are awesome in my experience... They provide just the right amount of freedom which we crave... they understand freedom within intimacy and I think thats why it works... I'm going to go against the grain here and say that S/N also provides a certain amount of electricity... This is a certain excitment in miscommunications :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTPs are awesome in my experience... They provide just the right amount of freedom which we crave... they understand freedom within intimacy and I think thats why it works... I'm going to go against the grain here and say that S/N also provides a certain amount of electricity... This is a certain excitment in miscommunications :D

I know from my experience with NF types there is a relaxing, comfort in each others presence even when things get chaotic. I am working with an NF type right now at work and while its extremely stressful, overworked, frsutrating yet communication(through IM) goes really smooth. She feels like she overloads me with little minor things and I feel like if I would have paid attention I would have caught them.

In ISTP fashion something in my gut says she is just being nice so we can get this done. But something about the way she does it, the fact that we have been working on this together for a few months and when we do actually talk in person I get a different feeling that the nice is just the way she is.